header

Page 120 of 122 < 1 2 ... 118 119 120 121 122 >
Topic Options
#1051960 - 11/18/17 06:53 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
DogTired Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Looking through your stuff
I just got the parts to finish a few builds. After selling my 458 SOCOM, I got to missing out and started picking up parts to build another. Found an Aero 458 SOCOM upper (marked as such and has the enlarged port). To that, I added a Satern barrel I found on sale on Gunbroker. Picked up a Toolcraft BCG for $90 recently, along with a Spikes tungsten heavy buffer and JB enhanced power, polished spring to try and tame the recoil, and did what I feel is the unthinkable and spent $90 on a muzzle device. I generally refuse to spend more than $50, but there aren't many choices for 458 SOCOM devices…that, and out was a brake with a Ferfranz-type shield around it to direct the blast forward. Finished with a UTG Pro 15" keymod handguard and Vortex Diamondback HD 2-8x32mm scope I had laying around. I need to time the brake and go sight it in…someday, hopefully soon. I had a stripped Aero lower with parts kit and RRA National Match trigger, and ordered an ATP stock with a large honeycomb recoil pad and matching handguard. Everything was found on sale, a piece at a time, using parts I specifically wanted (or, in the case of the trigger, had lying around). Always a nice sense of accomplishment building a gun from the ground up. Only thing I didn't assemble was the forward assist since it came with the upper. I feel like I know ARs backwards and forwards at this point. Bless Eugene Stoner and his amazing contraption!

Also bought a Millett TRS-1 scope in ATAC along with an Aero lightweight FDE scope mount to put atop the 6mm Mongoose build I did in FDE. I can FINALLY call that one finished!

Working next on a 6.8 SPC build around an FDE Aero "Spirit of 76" upper/lower and keymod handguard set sitting in my parts box. A friend volunteered to have the engraving color filled for me. I have a YHM 16" midlength diamond fluted, phosphate coated, chrome-lined barrel that's on its way from Primary Arms, which has them on sale for $99. Seems like a great round--300 yard deer rifle in a 16" barrel grin We'll see how long it'll take to finish...

Clearly, I've been away a while grin
JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington

#1051962 - 11/18/17 10:24 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: DogTired]
RN Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: CT
Originally Posted By: DogTired
Nice RN! I eventually had to move to a crossbow with shoulder issues. I had tried going from compound to recurve and was comfortable taking it out hunting when my shoulder quit. The crossbow flings bolts far harder than either. Shot a doe a few weeks back; the broadhead went THROUGH the shoulder blade, through the lungs, and then shattered the leg bone on the other side, passing completely through. It was more like hitting her with a 30-30 than archery tackle.

Any how. You'll have fun with that set up. Hoyt makes a GREAT compound bow! Congrats on the new addition!

Wowza, didn't know crossbows had that much zing! I'm amazed by the power difference with the compound as it is.
JYD #109
"I came here for the knives and stayed for the people."

#1051964 - 11/18/17 12:05 PM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
DogTired Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Looking through your stuff
Amazing what a few pulleys and cams can do! grin
JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington

#1051965 - 11/18/17 12:11 PM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
lazi Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: father of waters
Ordered some 15 watt solar chargers. Planning to give a couple to my sisters as holiday gifts. Both my sisters are gadget people who will likely use them and find them handy. I will be using mine with a couple solar battery packs I recently picked up. I'm hoping this leads to some bigger solar power projects.
JYD #82 yup...

#1051990 - 11/23/17 01:58 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Well my beloved wife gave me the go ahead some time back to get a 12ga shot gun when she realized we did not have a 12ga. she said everyone needs a 12ga. After looking around a while I had resigned myself to the fact that I probably wouldn't find what I was looking for and that was OK as I have TWO of them already, the SA and PA in 20ga. THEN I was contacted by a GREAT DAWG saying he had a "Spare". A 5 rounds fired Benelli M2 for several hundred dollars off the normally going price. BUT I just couldn't make myself spend that much money, so I had to turn the Dog Down. Broke my heart as I have had many dealings with him and have ALWAYS I have felt, gotten more than my money's worth.

So Wednesday the 22 we were doing some last minute grocery shopping and Patty said why don't we stop by a couple gun shops and I could just look around as I haven't done that for a while. OK, first place Benelli M4, M3, and M2 STARTING at 1400. After regaining consciousness I said thank you and we left. THEN Patty said lets go to that shop you really like. OK, off we go across town. I go inside and saw some Benellis and other assorted shot guns, but just not quite what I was looking for. I asked the guy what kind of "Tactical" shotguns they had. He started naming off Remington, Mossberg, Stoger Benelli and Weatherby. I said WEATHERBY, and he said yes an SA-459 TR shotgun. I said Lemme see it! woo

Well I walked out $400.00 poorer but with a nice LNIB, doesn't even have any finish off it inside the receiver, Shotgun. Now mind you it is just like my other two, the 20ga PA and SA 459 TR shotguns that I love. They shoulder for me perfectly and the sight is just automatically centered in the rear peep sight. SO FAR I couldn't be happier. OK, here is a stock photo of her. clap

And here are her measurements.
Key Specifications

•Gauge: 12
•Action: Semi-automatic
•Round capacity: 5 + 1
•Barrel length: 18.5"
•Stock: Synthetic pistol grip
•Length of pull: 13.5"
•Chamber: 3"
•Receiver material: Aluminum
•Sights: Fiber optic front blade with LPA-style rear ghost ring
•Overall length: 39"
•Overall weight: 6.5 lbs. grin

Now all I need is a +2 mag extension, a tactical sling, side saddle ammo carrier (maybe the Esstac Shotgun Card) and ammo, lots and lots of ammo, gotta keep the Zombies at bay! (sorry Gary, I said the Z word). eyes

Edited by SkunkHunter (11/23/17 07:35 AM)
JYD#105

#1051994 - 11/23/17 09:32 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Ray Settanta Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: New England, USA
Congratulations. It's good to have several shotguns that are the same. It makes for easy training.
JYD #182

#1051995 - 11/23/17 09:53 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

I can't believe I found one, especially for that price. Now to check on ammo and other items. It's nice to have something to Accessorize! grin

Pink heels don't go with everything you know. wink

Edited by SkunkHunter (11/23/17 09:54 AM)
JYD#105

#1052001 - 11/23/17 11:35 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
greaser Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: USSA
Nice Skunk. Those wetherbys are good weapons.
JYD#176
"dein Gott schickte mich zu zerstören"
"Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis"
"Sometimes the chance of a zombie outbreak is the only reason I need to make many of my life's Decisions." General Delivery

#1052003 - 11/24/17 01:36 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Thanks Greaser. I really like mine and have had a Blast with them! smile
JYD#105

#1052005 - 11/24/17 09:28 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Silverdale Manor
Congrats on the shotgun. I figured you could find something you liked for under $1000.

I'm told leopard print heels DO go with everything. Every gal should have at least one pair.
JYD #123 formerly known as ARCHITECT.

I am Lord Charlie Mortdecai. And this is a little bit of magic is my mustache...

Page 120 of 122 < 1 2 ... 118 119 120 121 122 >