Scrap Yard Discussion Forums

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: The Field Gear / Battle Rattle Thread [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1040175 04/20/16 11:20 AM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I like all this gear talk, even if I don't now what some of them are. It's nice to have dreams that can be somewhat realized.

IF I could just find a buyer for my other kidney I'd be able to get all the gear I (Probably won't) need, but would like anyway. smile

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: The Field Gear / Battle Rattle Thread [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1040180 04/20/16 04:30 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I also found a set of suspenders (H harness) to attach to the web belt. Forgot I had that. Maybe I DO have the fixins for a good Belt Order setup. I've got a few pouches I can stuff all kinds of things in.

SO I found a pack I referenced in another thread, and My Web belt with two Canteens with nesting cups. The H harness (OR Y harness, don't remember which). At least 4 pouches about the size of a canteen carrier. Hmmmm I guess now I need to concentrate on a holster for my Beretta PX4 and mag pouches.
I have a molle vest (civilian version, SWAT Black) that I was setting up for a Grab and go vest for my 9mm pistol and carbine setup. BUT I was never really satisfied with it. Now this Belt and harness set up I found MIGHT be just what I was wanting for this combo. I've got a nice Blackhawk "Butt" pack I could put on it between the canteens and that would let me carry a ton of more stuff.

Hmmm think on this I must. smile

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 04/20/16 04:36 PM.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: The Field Gear / Battle Rattle Thread [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1040181 04/20/16 04:41 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
According to Gary I have the ALICE 2 belt, the poly whatever web belt with the plastic buckle and all those eyelets surrounding the belt. Oh and I've also got a REAL OLD Cotton belt. Now that one is comfy! BUT I kinda baby it cause I don't think it will last all that much longer if I started using it to much. Oh and I've got this molly "Converter" that will allow you to attach a regular knife sheath to molly gear.

I will have to get to brain storming all this stuff once we get back from the Smoky Mtns.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: The Field Gear / Battle Rattle Thread [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1040182 04/20/16 07:18 PM
M
Mastiff Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
M
During the Air Force chocolate chip era (six color desert camo pattern) which was replaced by the desert camo uniform (three color pattern), we used a green checked poncho/pants for desert nighttime camo. Was supposed to defeat night scopes used at the time.

So even the best seasonal daytime camouflage pattern may be unsuitable during nighttime ops.

Remember this: Everytime I blink, you disappear.
Re: The Field Gear / Battle Rattle Thread [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1040183 04/20/16 09:59 PM
Endeavour Morse Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
"Night Desert".

I liked the smock.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: The Field Gear / Battle Rattle Thread [Re: Mastiff] #1040185 04/21/16 01:49 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by Mastiff
During the Air Force chocolate chip era (six color desert camo pattern) which was replaced by the desert camo uniform (three color pattern), we used a green checked poncho/pants for desert nighttime camo. Was supposed to defeat night scopes used at the time.

So even the best seasonal daytime camouflage pattern may be unsuitable during nighttime ops.

I remember those! Had a pair once. Made the mistake of putting them in the dryer and they "Shrunk" up. They'd probably fit Gary if I still had them. smile

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: The Field Gear / Battle Rattle Thread [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1040186 04/21/16 02:00 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Funny, kind of story.

When Hurricane Andrew tore up South Florida I got sent down there from Pope AFB (Think Ft. Brag) to be one of the folks overseeing the flghtline operations to get everything up and operational. We had to get runway/parking areas for the planes fixed and cleaned up of debris. Had to get all the runway/taxiway/parking ramp lights replaced and operational and all kinds of stuff. I spend severall hours over the month in a Huey/Kiowa flying over the airfield at night counting operational lights so we would know what classification we were up to.

ANYWAY, somewhere along the line someone stole my uniform cap (we were wearing woodland camo BDU's. Well I of course got yelled at by a butter bar (2lt). I tried telling him it got stolen but he didn't care, he WAS an officer after all. Well I went over to what was left of the supply building and finally found a boonie hat IN DESERT CAMO! After about a week everybody knew that AF Sgt wearing Woodland Camo with a Desert camo hat. Heck, even the General gave me a hard time (good naturedly, he understood). That's where I kyped er ah aquired one of my web belts (I actually have 3) Oh and the Generals 2qt canteen. smile Hey, he was a General they would get him another one.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 04/21/16 02:05 AM.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: The Field Gear / Battle Rattle Thread [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1040191 04/21/16 07:01 AM
Endeavour Morse Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
So the truth comes out...

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: The Field Gear / Battle Rattle Thread [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1040192 04/21/16 07:04 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by Architect
So the truth comes out...

I just wanted your tax dollars bought equipment to get used and not just rot away into nothingness. smile

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: The Field Gear / Battle Rattle Thread [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1040202 04/21/16 11:14 AM
M
Mastiff Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
M
Skunk you ever work with any ALCE/TALCE units?

Remember this: Everytime I blink, you disappear.
Re: The Field Gear / Battle Rattle Thread [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1040215 04/22/16 01:57 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Yes, I was associated with them while stationed at Pope. I was also used to picking up objects that weren't there from the special ops ramp! I think the change to jeans and flannel shirts were a nice touch. But I think the beards might have been rather hot. wink

Of course IF that were to have ever happened.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 04/22/16 01:58 AM.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7