Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Trijicon MRO vs Aimpoint T-1 #1040639 05/25/16 03:08 PM
Endeavour Morse Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I now have a Trijicon 2MOA MRO and Aimpoint 2MOA T-1. Since the MRO cost less I suspect a lot of people would like to know how they compare....

Cost

The T1 with a good mount is around $650. The MRO with a good mound is around $500.

MRO wins.

Controls / Brightness Settings

The T1 has more brightness settings, but the MRO has the "off" setting sandwiched between the two most useful brightness levels. It also has an "off" setting with the two NV settings.

MRO wins.

Controls / Location

The MRO's rheostat is on top, while the T1 is on the ejection port side. The top is MUCH more convenient.

MRO wins.

Optics Quality / Objective Lens

The MRO has a larger objective lens, and as a result a larger field of view.

MRO wins.

Optics Quality / Distortion

The MRO has a slight distortion at certain angles. The T1 does not.

T1 wins.

Optics Quality / Tint

Both have slight tint.

Tie.

Durability

The T1 has been on the market longer, and has a proven track record of taking abuse. The MRO is newer without the track record.

T1 wins.

Battery Life

Both run about 5 years on a single CR2032 battery.

Tie.

Mount Options

Both have mounts available from ADM and LaRue. No other mount is worth owning.

Tie.

Adjustments

The T1 has little adjustment caps that are easy to lose, but they do theoretically protect the windage and elevation adjustments. The MRO has exposed standard slotted screw adjustments. I prefer the exposed.

MRO slightly wins.

Conclusions....

The MRO is a worthy competitor to the "legendary" T-1.

Considering the price difference I would probably chose the MRO. This assumes the angular distortion doesn't bother you.

Since the MRO is made by Trijicon any durability concerns, resulting from a lack of abuse testing, will be addressed by their awesome customer service. This would not help in a grid-down situation, but having owned Trijicon optics for the past 22 years coupled with examining the construction of the MRO lends a sense of comfort. It LOOKS durably built. However, looks can be deceiving so YMMV.

Last edited by Architect; 05/25/16 03:15 PM.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: Trijicon MRO vs Aimpoint T-1 [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1040645 05/25/16 07:39 PM
gun dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Cool! great comparison!

Any day I'm above the grass and I'm not a zombie is a good day! JYD#138