header

Topic Options
#1039714 - 04/08/16 04:31 AM 72hr bag
feederle Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Germany
Hey guys,
first post in this section of the forum for me I think smile

The reason is simple. I have no stores around to get a hands on feel for the big brands in the tactical backpack field. So i directly need to order one to Germany frown
Since i have all the experts here, i am looking for some advise which one - or even which brand I should buy.
So far i have been thinking about the:

MaxPed vulture 2,
Spec Ops T.H.E. ULTIMATE ASSAULT PACK
5.11 Rush 72

I want to have it for short hikes, when I take weekend trips or as a pack for personal gear when i do go on mission with the red cross.

Thanks for your help!
JYD #190

#1039715 - 04/08/16 04:51 AM Re: 72hr bag [Re: feederle]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Check out Tactical Tailor http://www.tacticaltailor.com/
or for the same quality at a reduced price, the one I have, the Gray Ghost 3 Day assault pack.
https://www.greyghostgear.com/

I also have the Maxped Condor II. It is a 23lit pack that I could pack for a weekend and not feel as if I was lacking in anything. This of course takes into account utilizing all the molle webbing and straps on the pack.

Now MOST folks would probably say the Condor II is small for a weekend trip, and yes they would be right, but it CAN be done if you carefully choose your gear and utilize both the inside AND outside of the pack. Personally for a weekend I would recommend the Three Day Assault pack as it does allow for more gear to be carried inside the pack.

Edited by SkunkHunter (04/08/16 06:46 AM)
is (almost) always in. smile wink JYD#105

#1040678 - 05/27/16 12:26 PM Re: 72hr bag [Re: feederle]
lazi Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: father of waters
I have no almost no experience with packs so I'm curious what you decided on.
JYD #82 yup...

#1049518 - 06/17/17 02:34 PM Re: 72hr bag [Re: feederle]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Maybe not quite the right place for this, but it's a relatively small thread so I thought, why not.

Came across this thread while reading about What else, Knives! smile Sounds like it may be worth a shot, haven't tried it yet but I am going to, so here ya go guys, ANOTHER "Planner" for a BOB that will give you an estimate of the bags weight (and the percentage of your body weight for all the items you check off) No it won't be all that accurate but it WILL give you an idea.

https://www.thebugoutbagguide.com/bug-out-bag-list/

Edited by SkunkHunter (06/18/17 07:33 AM)
is (almost) always in. smile wink JYD#105