Scrap Yard Discussion Forums

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043229 01/18/20 05:55 PM
Private Klink Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
You tell em' Mister Rogers! grin

Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!
Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043230 01/18/20 10:52 PM
Endeavour Morse Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I decided to stop by but fully expected to find the site permanently offline.

I remember when Andy the Aussie quit this forum. He showed his true nature (a pedantic and arrogant prick) by basically accusing everyone left here of expecting "special attention" from the Busse family. Well, good riddens to Andy the A******.

In my not so humble opinion, the Swamp and this forum helped the Busse brothers (and wife or whatever Amy is) build a brand and sell products.

If they are planning on retiring ... GOOD FOR THEM! I don't blame them one bit as I fully plan on retiring WELL before I turn 65. HOWEVER, I do feel like they've ignored their core customer base (that was instrumental in growing their brand).

I will never buy another Busse product (especially at their current prices and goofy BUD-K looking designs).

My recommendation is we find another forum.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043231 01/18/20 10:53 PM
Endeavour Morse Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I'm getting error messages and it says my posts aren't getting through. Obviously they are.

Tom ... disregard my IM.

Last edited by Architect; 01/18/20 10:54 PM.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043233 01/19/20 01:29 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Gary, I'm glad that you got through!

About 10 days ago Dan Busse called me and we had a nice long discussion. Seems that you can't just fire one forum host and switch to another quickly...technical "Geek" stuff. He pointed out that the Swamp is operating over at Bladeforums, and eventually the Yard will too. I myself have been posting at the Swamp, so I know that it's working. In time the Yard shoulod be at Bladeforums as well, listed under the "Manufacturers'Forums" .

As far as some other members goes, it pays to have a "thick skin". Most of us can get heated at one time or another. wink

Junk Yard Dog #1
Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043235 01/19/20 06:17 PM
Endeavour Morse Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Tom,
I've been banned from two forums for "telling it like I see it". I can't fault Andy for doing the same, but I did disagree with this position and felt it was a personal attack on us (more than a general perception of the situation).

Yep, we all get hot in life and online.

Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043237 01/19/20 06:43 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Brother, do I know THAT! grin It has taken me a lot of years to cool down. blush

Junk Yard Dog #1
Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043238 01/19/20 06:53 PM
C
ColdOne Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
C
Originally Posted by Private Klink
Gary, I'm glad that you got through!

About 10 days ago Dan Busse called me and we had a nice long discussion. Seems that you can't just fire one forum host and switch to another quickly...technical "Geek" stuff. He pointed out that the Swamp is operating over at Bladeforums, and eventually the Yard will too. I myself have been posting at the Swamp, so I know that it's working. In time the Yard shoulod be at Bladeforums as well, listed under the "Manufacturers'Forums" .

As far as some other members goes, it pays to have a "thick skin". Most of us can get heated at one time or another. wink

I'm a little disappointed there because, well, you can.

Switching hosts takes some technical work but is straight forward. Speaking from extensive experience here.

A case a beer, a credit card, and a decent day of work would see it done... That is part of what makes me sad here. An easily resolved problem that has stretched many months now. frown

I guess the one caveat would be an extremely bad contract with one location. Although worst case I'd expect to be paying for two hosts for a bit which I think would be less damaging than the loss of clients this forum is likely causing.

Last edited by ColdOne; 01/19/20 06:54 PM.

JYD#10
Blade '08 - I challenge coined Dan Busse and WON!
Blade '10 - The score is now 2-0!
Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043239 01/19/20 06:58 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I'm not really computer savvy, so I don't know. It's too easy to second guess the situation without knowing all the facts. I'm still trusting the Busses to get it squared away, keeping in mind that their first line of business is making and selling knives. I have NO idea of the expense of hosting forums or what all is involved. confused

Junk Yard Dog #1
Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043243 01/20/20 07:05 PM
Endeavour Morse Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
When my company had to switch our hosting over it took 4 hours. My in-house IT guy coordinated the activity and was posting new content the same day.

If its a priority it is a one day operation.

Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043245 01/20/20 11:09 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Very interesting.

Junk Yard Dog #1
Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043246 01/20/20 11:10 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Very interesting.

Junk Yard Dog #1
Re: Will We Rebuild, Or Will We Fade Away? [Re: DogTired] #1043247 01/20/20 11:10 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Very interesting.

Junk Yard Dog #1
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5