Scrap Yard Discussion Forums

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hmmm....Hell Razor or Team Gemini? [Re: DogTired] #1047366 05/26/20 04:11 AM
Private Klink Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
That's why the Chair Force issues the "Survival Knife" with the sawback five inch blade???

Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!
Re: Hmmm....Hell Razor or Team Gemini? [Re: DogTired] #1047369 05/26/20 10:18 AM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Haha, yeah I know, pretty stupid if you ask me, but what do I know. ALTHOUGH they claim the Saw Back is for ripping through the aluminum panels of the airframe or canopy ( grin). I GUESS it might work, but keeping a grip on that knife handle while you TRY to saw your way through that aluminum would be a chore. I think you would have better luck just trying to kick your way out.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 05/26/20 10:20 AM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Hmmm....Hell Razor or Team Gemini? [Re: DogTired] #1047372 05/26/20 11:51 AM
Ray Settanta Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I remember reading an article many years ago from a knife magazine where the writer interviewed some Navy Seals about their usage of knives on a mission. They all said that knives were pretty much useless on a mission. Not the response that the writer was looking for. I can’t dispute an expert on this but I think that in civilian life, I have a greater need for a knife than a Seal. I use it for countless tasks during the course of the day. I also used it once to defend myself when I had nothing else. Luckily just showing the blade and obviously being prepared to use it was enough to stop the attack. I have carried a knife since I was about 11 years old and do not feel comfortable without one in my pocket.

JYD #182
Re: Hmmm....Hell Razor or Team Gemini? [Re: DogTired] #1047383 05/26/20 04:00 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Ray, you and I had similar experiences. After leaving the VA in Kansas City I stopped at a gas station to fill the tank in a less desirable part of the city. A BIG ole' boy headed directly for me, but when I started pulling my Cold Steel XL Voyager out of my pocket he abruptly changed directions and headed to his "homey" in the little kiosk there.

I normally use the knife to open letters or boxes, cut twine or rope, etc. I still like your previous response regarding the .50 cal. at 5000 meters and the A-10. smile

Junk Yard Dog #1
Re: Hmmm....Hell Razor or Team Gemini? [Re: DogTired] #1047384 05/26/20 04:33 PM
Ray Settanta Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Yeah, I never liked hand to hand combat. Anyway, guess we’re both lucky to be here on a knife forum because we had knives on us. Lol.

JYD #182
Re: Hmmm....Hell Razor or Team Gemini? [Re: DogTired] #1047390 05/26/20 07:06 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I also had an experience like that in the Philippines. Three of them stopped me and when the one on the drivers side got close I pulled out a cheap butterfly knife and did the flip thing. Well he kinda jumped back and the guy in the front came around allowing me to drive speedily off. Oh and I was actually in one once, stupid drunk Ferner (him not me). Got my finger cut, I got his hand or arm and he decided it was enough. Both situations scared the crap outta me. I never want to have to use a knife again. Like Ray, I much prefer well in my case 25 yards or further. The A10 flies so slow it couldn't make it to me in time.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Hmmm....Hell Razor or Team Gemini? [Re: DogTired] #1047395 05/26/20 10:50 PM
DogTired Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I carried a large Vietnam War era Japanese clone of the K-Bar, the K-Ife, in my backpack during high school, and under the front seat when school was out. I bought it at an antiques store in Rochester Minnesota after I got my clock cleaned during the Junior Olympics in Taekwondo (had to pass the time somehow waiting for my concussion to heal).

One night, I pulled into the parking lot at the McDonalds I worked at. I was 17 or 18, and had a friend in the car with me. Both of us looked fairly intimidating--we were both big guys and were into punk/hardcore music. A car pulled up next to us and a couple of knuckleheads in their late 20s sporting mullets, rapist mustaches, and wife beaters looked over at us.

The one in the passenger's seat took out a folder--something the size of a Buck 110--and flashed it at me, grinning ear to ear. He figured he was gonna have some fun with a couple of teenage kids and teach them a lesson...what lesson? Who knows? It was 1990 or 91.

I reached under my seat and pulled out my K-Ife with a 10" fixed blade, flashed it at him, and had an even bigger smile. His grin faded, he quickly dropped his knife, pawed at the shoulder of the driver, yelling "GO! GO! GET OUTTA HERE!!!!!" and they peeled out of the parking lot, never to be seen again.

So, yes, I DO understand the utility of having a bigger blade sometimes grin grin grin grin grin

Last edited by DogTired; 05/26/20 10:51 PM.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington
Re: Hmmm....Hell Razor or Team Gemini? [Re: DogTired] #1047396 05/26/20 11:36 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I guess now we know why Andy Wayne carried a Dog Father in his front pocket!

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Hmmm....Hell Razor or Team Gemini? [Re: DogTired] #1047399 05/27/20 02:03 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Andy was big enough as were his pockets to pull it off.;)

Junk Yard Dog #1
Re: Hmmm....Hell Razor or Team Gemini? [Re: DogTired] #1049007 10/04/20 11:13 PM
F
FAL'er Offline
Mutt
Mutt
F
I'd take the Hell Razor 2, in fact I did. I don't like the Double Guard on the Team Gemini, I could work around it, I don't wanna. The TG just doesn't do anything for me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2