header

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1049127 - 05/17/17 11:49 AM How many of us have a "hobby room" or "man den"?
Architect Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Earth
I didn't want to say "Man Cave" because that evokes images of PBR cans and 1988 Budweiser calenders with 1980's hair queen women in 1980's Jane Fonda style swimsuits.

Yuck.

Anyway,
Do any of you have a room (or closet) devoted to your knife, gun, outdoor obsession?

I've always thought it would be fun to have one.
JYD #123

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

#1049128 - 05/17/17 03:40 PM Re: How many of us have a "hobby room" or "man den"? [Re: Architect]
Spider-Pig Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Republic of Texas
I think it would be cool to have one. Our master bathroom has two walk-in closets. The smaller one is mine. I think if my wife ever lets me have a hobby room in our house that closet will be it.

"Be still, Taggart!"

#1049131 - 05/17/17 04:45 PM Re: How many of us have a "hobby room" or "man den"? [Re: Spider-Pig]
Private Klink Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: S.W. Missouri
My basement is my Man Cave; knives, guns, and emergency supplies. It feels good just sitting there and looking all around! grin

When we built this house I told the General she could have the entire back half of the upstairs, but the basement is MINE. It has worked out great for both of us. wink
Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!

#1049141 - 05/18/17 11:33 AM Re: How many of us have a "hobby room" or "man den"? [Re: Architect]
Architect Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Earth
Tom,
Would you care to share any pictures? It sounds pretty awesome! Our last house had a basement, and we built/finished a room for me. Our new house is on a slab, and there isn't any room for me to have a ... room.

Adam,
It sounds as if you're laboring under the delusion you need clothing and/or clothing storage. Throw out those unnecessary clothing items and build the man-closet of your dreams!
JYD #123

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

#1049145 - 05/18/17 12:02 PM Re: How many of us have a "hobby room" or "man den"? [Re: Architect]
Junk Yard Dog

Gary, I will not post pictures of my supplies, etc. on the net. wink

Just try to picture shelves of various food types, shooting/hunting gear, fishing and camping gear, survival library, desks and various tools, including leather-working, and don't forget my pool table! I HAVE posted pics of knives on my pool table. wink
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1049146 - 05/18/17 12:07 PM Re: How many of us have a "hobby room" or "man den"? [Re: Architect]
MonkeyBomb Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Nation Wide
I have a large room in the basement. It has my weight room gun safes and work bench.

The gym takes up most of the space but I have a small couch and a TV for when I need to hole up.

The hip sled, cable machine, bench and bars keep almost everyone else out.
JYD #113

Everyday I don't train, someone else does, and they are training to defeat me

#1049148 - 05/18/17 12:31 PM Re: How many of us have a "hobby room" or "man den"? [Re: MonkeyBomb]
Junk Yard Dog

Remember that a 55 gallon drum, lined with cardboard can act as an EMP-proof container for electronic gear, such as radios, power inverters, gieger-counters, etc. It's a good idea to keep an extra 12 volt battery or five ( grin); with a power inverter you can plug in electronic gear that hopefully hasn't been fried by the aforementioned EMP . That is how we monitor the situation when severe storms or nearby tornadoes take out our power.
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1049151 - 05/18/17 08:41 PM Re: How many of us have a "hobby room" or "man den"? [Re: Architect]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Well Goooolie Private Klink. Never heard about the barrel/cardboard idea before.
Countin the days till Retirement! wink JYD#105

#1049156 - 05/18/17 08:58 PM Re: How many of us have a "hobby room" or "man den"? [Re: Architect]
Ray Settanta Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: New England, USA
Tom's man cave is a Faraday cage. grin
JYD #182

#1049158 - 05/18/17 09:00 PM Re: How many of us have a "hobby room" or "man den"? [Re: Ray Settanta]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Originally Posted By: Ray Settanta
Tom's man cave is a Faraday cage. grin

I have always heard that Marines are animals, so the cage part is very appropriate. smile
Countin the days till Retirement! wink JYD#105

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >