header

Topic Options
#1049186 - 05/22/17 08:49 AM New Rifle
Architect Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Earth
I worked all weekend, and am exhausted. Here's something fun to talk about...my new AR15.

Specifications

Lower Assembly

Lower = BCM Factory Assembled
Trigger = BCM PNT but I have a LaRue MBT sitting waiting for me to install it.
Buffer = BCM "H1"
Stock = BCM Gunfighter MOD 0
Grip = BCM Gunfighter MOD 0
End Plate = BCM with QD Sling Swivel Port

Upper Assembly

Upper = BCM Factory Assembled
BCG = BCM Full Auto Profile
Barrel = BCM Hammer Forged Mid Length
Muzzle Device = BCM Compensator MOD 0
Charging Handle = BCM Gunfighter AMBI
Handguard = BCM KMR A9
Handguard Accessories = BCM Keymod Swivel Port (left side near receiver) & KAC VFG mounted on BCM Keymod Rail Section
Sights (Rear / Front) = Troy Flip Battle Sight / BCM FSB

Optic & Light

Optic = Trijicon MRO in ADM Absolute Co-Witness Mount
Light = SureFire Scout (AA) in KAC Keymod Mount

Carbine Purpose

There a couple of purposes for this particular rifle:

1) I wanted to try a KMR-A handguard. I like the attachment system, but am the type of person that doesn't believe marketing so I need to test for myself.

2) I wanted a lightweight freefloated 16" Mid with FSB and standard weight barrel for general purpose use.

3) I wanted to test this against my 14.5" BCM Hammer Forged with BCM MOD 1 Compensator (pinned / welded for legal length). People have complained about BCM's 14.5" reliability with Wolf and other cheap / underpowered ammo. I'm curious to see if either has performance issues.

4) I wanted to test a Folding Rear / Fixed Front sight against a Fixed Rear / Fixed Front against a Folding Rear/ Folding Front AR.

Pictures

Ole Jack says to downshift to simple livin'.

#1049188 - 05/22/17 11:05 AM Re: New Rifle [Re: Architect]
Ray Settanta Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: New England, USA
Nice! BCM has a very good reputation. I have been well pleased with their products.
JYD #182

#1049189 - 05/22/17 03:45 PM Re: New Rifle [Re: Architect]
Architect Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Thanks.

After lots of other brands / rounds down range / issues I now only endorse BCM and Colt. I'm working on thoroughly testing a Daniel Defense hoping I can add it to my recommended list.

I started buying BCM products when they first came out, and haven't been disappointed. I could have saved myself a pile of cash and avoided my misguided foray into piston ARs, but alas I strayed and paid. I'm back to simple:

If you want an AR buy a BCM or Colt (and maybe DD).
If you want a piston gun buy a FNH Scar.
If you're nostalgic buy a FAL.
If you hate yourself and like to be punished with bad ergos, but love reliability buy an Arsenal AK.

You really can't go wrong with any of the above recommendations. There is a reason why 90 countries adopted the FAL, the AR and AK are ubiquitous and the FNH Scar was adopted by the most elite group of men in best funded military in the history of the world.

Regarding the KMR...I'm not sure. It feels "small and flimsy" compared to my other rails.

#1049192 - 05/22/17 10:41 PM Re: New Rifle [Re: Architect]
MonkeyBomb Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Nation Wide
I'm running a BCM upper on a Colt lower for my personal primary. I love it and it has been a solid performer.

All colt for my work gun. No complaints.
JYD #113 Everyday I don't train, someone else does, and they are training to defeat me

#1049194 - 05/22/17 10:53 PM Re: New Rifle [Re: Architect]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
I just have a plain Jane Colt carbine. Works for me, then again I don't put anywhere close to the round count down range you guys do.
is (almost) always in. smile wink JYD#105

#1049197 - 05/22/17 11:26 PM Re: New Rifle [Re: Architect]
Ray Settanta Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: New England, USA
I have an old Colt HBAR. Bought it when they first came out. Never had any problems with it. Heavy little sucker though. Feels like it weighs more than my Garand. grin
JYD #182

#1049205 - 05/23/17 09:28 AM Re: New Rifle [Re: Architect]
Mastiff Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: South Carolina Y'all
That there looks like one of those evil shadow machine guns I've heard talk of. I see you got a grenade launcher and a sniper scope on that gun along with big capacity clip. All that's missing is innocent school children.

Enough of that crap, if you like it and decide to keep it are you going to paint it? I've enjoyed your past paint instructions and pictures posts.

#1049209 - 05/23/17 12:01 PM Re: New Rifle [Re: Architect]
Architect Offline
Junk Yard Dog

You forgot to mention the bayonet lug. Apparently there are a lot of walk-by bayonetings...

Paint...

Probably not this one. I'm hoping someone else asks me to paint theirs soon.