header

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#1050114 - 08/13/17 12:07 PM Man Purse ... do any of you carry one?
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Silverdale Manor
Do any of you carry a Murse (man purse, man bag, possibles bag, shoulder bag, whatever)?

If yes, what kind and what do you haul around?

This ....

NOT THIS ....

JYD #123 formerly known as ARCHITECT.

I am Lord Charlie Mortdecai. And this is a little bit of magic is my mustache...

#1050116 - 08/13/17 12:26 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Carried as maxped jumbo for a while, then went to a Fat boy. Probably need to start carrying something again so I will have a place to carry my Phaser.
JYD#105

#1050118 - 08/13/17 12:37 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

The most recent murses I've carried: Jumbo and Sitka. They really weren't perfect for my needs.

I am Lord Charlie Mortdecai. And this is a little bit of magic is my mustache...

#1050121 - 08/13/17 12:44 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Patty got a Coach Bag for Christmas. Maybe you could try one of those. wink
JYD#105

#1050124 - 08/13/17 12:45 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Been there.

Didn't compliment my preferred heels. Hard to matchy matchy a Coach to leopard 4" heels.

#1050125 - 08/13/17 12:48 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

I had the same problem. smile
JYD#105

#1050128 - 08/13/17 01:17 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Huh. I saw you more a pumps sort of guy.

Anyway, back on topic ...

I'm looking for a new possibles bag, and haven't found one that suits my needs. Hopefully others will add their experience.

#1050129 - 08/13/17 02:37 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
lazi Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: father of waters
I just started using a Allen Recon sling pack a couple weeks ago. For $16 I'm really impressed with it. I also have a MSM Adapt Pack by Tactical Tailor. It's a backpack that can be made into a sling. I tucked both straps and use it as a grab bag. I had it maxed out yesterday with a couple 22 pistols and ammo when I decided to stuff in a couple wine bottles. It worked great. I just wish I had known about the lighter and more feature rich Grey Ghost versions when I bought this one. Grey Ghost acutally has a sale going on (until tomorrow) and they sent me a 10% coupon on top of that making it real tempting to get on of their packs as well.

I had a Marked Sitka that came and went before I really even knew what I wanted in a edc pack. The Allen Recon actually seems to be a pretty good option for a lot less. I am just not a hip purse aka messenger bag sort of guy. It's gotta be a back pack, sling pack , or grab bag.
JYD #82 yup...

#1050130 - 08/13/17 03:16 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

I'm thinking about trying a Maxpedition Fatboy. The Jumbo was a little big, but I really liked the Nalgene holder.

Let the mission drive the gear ...

The purpose for this bag is something I can wear while walking around festivals, exploring small "main street" communities, etc. Its a "wife time" bag. I'd like to carry my basic emergency essentials, but also a water bottle, snacks, some hand sanitizer, etc. Literally a "man purse".

Lazi,
I'm totally with you on shoulder bag vs pack or sling bags.

Best = 2 strap backpack
Better = Sling bag
Good = Shoulder bag

I hate having something slip off my shoulder.

Its been a long time since I visited GGG's site. I'll check them out.

#1050132 - 08/13/17 05:40 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
MonkeyBomb Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Nation Wide
I have a Tactical tailor sling bag. I use it a fair amount. I like that you can lock it down and run, ride a bike and do a variety of stupid stuff and release it really quick Plus it is fairly quick to deploy and has one of the best organizer/admin slabs I have had.

I can carry a pistol with a reload in the hidden panel and a metric ton of mags if I felt the need in the admin slab.

I usually carry a pistol, spare mag, TQ, trauma bandage, spare knife, flashlight and a hygiene kit in it plus some spare batteries.

It still has plenty of room for a jacket snacks food or whatever else I need/want to carry.

I like it because it doesn't scream tacticool or I have a gun. Most people just see a dude with a slingbag.

JYD #113

Everyday I don't train, someone else does, and they are training to defeat me

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >