header

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#1050114 - 08/13/17 12:07 PM Man Purse ... do any of you carry one?
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Silverdale Manor
Do any of you carry a Murse (man purse, man bag, possibles bag, shoulder bag, whatever)?

If yes, what kind and what do you haul around?

This ....

NOT THIS ....

JYD #123 formerly known as ARCHITECT.

I am Lord Charlie Mortdecai. And this is a little bit of magic is my mustache...

#1050116 - 08/13/17 12:26 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Carried as maxped jumbo for a while, then went to a Fat boy. Probably need to start carrying something again so I will have a place to carry my Phaser.
JYD#105

#1050118 - 08/13/17 12:37 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

The most recent murses I've carried: Jumbo and Sitka. They really weren't perfect for my needs.

I am Lord Charlie Mortdecai. And this is a little bit of magic is my mustache...

#1050121 - 08/13/17 12:44 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Patty got a Coach Bag for Christmas. Maybe you could try one of those. wink
JYD#105

#1050124 - 08/13/17 12:45 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Been there.

Didn't compliment my preferred heels. Hard to matchy matchy a Coach to leopard 4" heels.

#1050125 - 08/13/17 12:48 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

I had the same problem. smile
JYD#105

#1050128 - 08/13/17 01:17 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Huh. I saw you more a pumps sort of guy.

Anyway, back on topic ...

I'm looking for a new possibles bag, and haven't found one that suits my needs. Hopefully others will add their experience.

#1050129 - 08/13/17 02:37 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
lazi Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: father of waters
I just started using a Allen Recon sling pack a couple weeks ago. For $16 I'm really impressed with it. I also have a MSM Adapt Pack by Tactical Tailor. It's a backpack that can be made into a sling. I tucked both straps and use it as a grab bag. I had it maxed out yesterday with a couple 22 pistols and ammo when I decided to stuff in a couple wine bottles. It worked great. I just wish I had known about the lighter and more feature rich Grey Ghost versions when I bought this one. Grey Ghost acutally has a sale going on (until tomorrow) and they sent me a 10% coupon on top of that making it real tempting to get on of their packs as well.

I had a Marked Sitka that came and went before I really even knew what I wanted in a edc pack. The Allen Recon actually seems to be a pretty good option for a lot less. I am just not a hip purse aka messenger bag sort of guy. It's gotta be a back pack, sling pack , or grab bag.
JYD #82 yup...

#1050130 - 08/13/17 03:16 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

I'm thinking about trying a Maxpedition Fatboy. The Jumbo was a little big, but I really liked the Nalgene holder.

Let the mission drive the gear ...

The purpose for this bag is something I can wear while walking around festivals, exploring small "main street" communities, etc. Its a "wife time" bag. I'd like to carry my basic emergency essentials, but also a water bottle, snacks, some hand sanitizer, etc. Literally a "man purse".

Lazi,
I'm totally with you on shoulder bag vs pack or sling bags.

Best = 2 strap backpack
Better = Sling bag
Good = Shoulder bag

I hate having something slip off my shoulder.

Its been a long time since I visited GGG's site. I'll check them out.

#1050132 - 08/13/17 05:40 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
MonkeyBomb Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Nation Wide
I have a Tactical tailor sling bag. I use it a fair amount. I like that you can lock it down and run, ride a bike and do a variety of stupid stuff and release it really quick Plus it is fairly quick to deploy and has one of the best organizer/admin slabs I have had.

I can carry a pistol with a reload in the hidden panel and a metric ton of mags if I felt the need in the admin slab.

I usually carry a pistol, spare mag, TQ, trauma bandage, spare knife, flashlight and a hygiene kit in it plus some spare batteries.

It still has plenty of room for a jacket snacks food or whatever else I need/want to carry.

I like it because it doesn't scream tacticool or I have a gun. Most people just see a dude with a slingbag.

JYD #113

Everyday I don't train, someone else does, and they are training to defeat me

#1050133 - 08/13/17 06:47 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

It seems that "bags" are becoming more socially acceptable (again). 200 years ago a man would have been thought a fool if he didn't carry a possibles bag.

#1050146 - 08/14/17 11:58 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

And their pants didn't have pockets either.
JYD#105

#1050278 - 08/17/17 06:45 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

My Fatboy and wallet arrived, and smell like a musty basement. Both were new in the bag with tags, and from the same eBay seller.

I won't be keeping them. The musty / mildew / mold smell is very strong, and I have a mold allergy. My throat started getting scratchy as soon as I opened the bags.

#1050434 - 08/27/17 08:21 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

I received a refund for the moldy Maxpedition. I ended up turning my Maxpedition Janus into a pseudo man purse (without a strap). Think of it as a "man clutch". It'll fit on my belt for hands free carry.

More to follow after I start my computer.

#1054046 - 07/19/18 04:21 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Yes, well sort of, every day. Not exactly a Murse as we are used to (shoulder bag), but a Maxped Fatty Organizer.

Right now Mine is kinda stuffed (which is why I ordered a Fat Boy). Right now in the Fatty I carry
1. Wallet
2. Checkbook
3. Metal Toothpick
4. Nail clippers
5. Glucose Tablets (for sugar lows, we're both diabetic)
6. iPhone
7. Bandana
8. Other assorted Meds we might need
9. Mini Leatherman
10. Keys
11. Band-Aids
12. A couple other items I have to start carrying now as well.
13. Flashlight

So the Fatty is pretty stuffed. The Fat boy will allow me to carry all this and also a handgun/spare mag, a spare knife and a better/bigger flashlight, and some other items we might need due to our medical conditions.

I was gonna order the Pink/folage model but realized it would clash with my Orange Prada pumps. wink

Edited by SkunkHunter (07/19/18 04:30 AM)
JYD#105

#1054048 - 07/19/18 11:10 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Ray Settanta Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: New England, USA
This has just so many possibilities for humor that I am temporarily at a loss for words.
JYD #182

#1054050 - 07/19/18 02:53 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Go ahead Ray. Embrace the humorous side. I gave you a free shot. Folks in your condition don’t get many opportunities to have fun without risking harm to your poor old body. grin wink
JYD#105

#1054071 - 07/20/18 01:41 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Private Klink Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: S.W. Missouri
Remember Ray, Randy must coordinate his wardrobe etc. with his cute little fairy wings. whistle........................................ laugh laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!

#1054073 - 07/20/18 02:42 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Now THAT was low Tom. blush Just call me the Flashin Fairy! No wait, that ain’t right A shucks. Just forget it.
JYD#105

#1054085 - 07/21/18 12:12 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Are you going to bejewel the Maxped too?

Edited by Ray Settanta (07/21/18 12:12 PM)
JYD #182

#1054087 - 07/22/18 01:31 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Ray Settanta]
Junk Yard Dog

Originally Posted By: Ray Settanta
Are you going to bejewel the Maxped too?

No need, I AM a jewel! grin
JYD#105

#1054121 - 07/25/18 02:01 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Well the bag came in a day early. When we got home Tuesday from the Doctors it was waiting on the porch. Now All I got to do is load it up (already got my .40 sig inside) and see what all I NEED and then see what I would like can go inside.
JYD#105

#1054124 - 07/25/18 02:25 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

You East-side kids! whistle...………………………………………………………. laugh laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054127 - 07/25/18 02:27 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Yeah I know. But we be stylin! grin
JYD#105

#1054128 - 07/25/18 02:56 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Gee Whiz. Got everything inside and the whole main pouch is empty! I am sure I will "Refine" it as I go but for now with it's main outing being in the morning, it'll do.
JYD#105

#1054130 - 07/25/18 09:06 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Stylin and profilin on the East-side. laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054134 - 07/26/18 02:37 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Private Klink]
Junk Yard Dog

Originally Posted By: Private Klink
Stylin and profilin on the East-side. laugh

Yeah Buddy. up
JYD#105

#1054135 - 07/26/18 03:01 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

It may be small (sort of) but it be Mighty!

OK, my MURSE has

1. Sig 40S&W with 2 spare mags.
2. A Fenix single AA led 3 brightness levels flashlight
3. An "Area" light with two brightness levels and Strobe.
4. Tube of Glucose tablets.
5. 7 compartment container of "Emergency" meds.
6. Bandana
7. Kizer Mini GTI folder W/green handles
8. Wallet and Checkbook
9. Metal Toothpick
10. Fingernail Clippers
11. Cell Phone
12. A couple other items as directed by my Doctor.

As I stated elsewhere, the entire Main Compartment is empty (but it did carry my 6 inch Subway Rib sammich to work tonight along with a banana and a coke. grin

So Far (I mean this IS it's first outing) I like the way it carries and am just starting to get used to it. I didn't get any "Funny" looks that I noticed as there are beginning to be more Guys carrying a Murse all the time. AND I have to say I DO NOT miss the bulge of a wallet and checkbook in my back pockets. There just may be something to this MAN Purse thing after all. cool

Edited by SkunkHunter (07/26/18 07:45 AM)
JYD#105

#1054139 - 07/26/18 10:46 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

People don't look at you funny because they are either used to you or they think that murse is a laptop case. But seriously, my only objection to carrying a weapon in external gear is that it may not always be with you. If the weapon is on your belt, no matter where you go, it is always with you. If you're at work or at a restaurant, do you pick up your murse to go to the restroom or copy machine or leave it behind? If there is an emergency and you have to leave RIGHT NOW, can you return to where you put your murse to retrieve it? Other than that, it is a good idea not to carry a heavy wallet in your back pocket. My Orthopedic surgeon told me that in 1980. So I bought a small wallet that could only hold a few essential items and carried it in a front pocket. It helped a lot. Good luck with your murse and I hope the carrying strap doesn't interfere with your wings.
JYD #182

#1054140 - 07/26/18 11:24 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Ray Settanta]
Junk Yard Dog

Not to worry about his wings; Randy is built and flies like a bee. laugh laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054146 - 07/26/18 11:32 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

A bumblebee no doubt.
JYD #182

#1054153 - 07/27/18 02:32 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Haha, yeah a BIG BURLEY Bumble Bee! grin

Ray, I carry the bag with me everywhere I go as it has our Checkbook and my wallet and other essentials inside. Only Time when we are "Out and about" is when I go to the restroom or am trying on some clothes. Otherwise it is hanging off my left side or on the table/seat next to me. And Yeah I agree with you about carrying off body, but... We do what we do (think) we gotta do. I am used to carrying something (the previous was my Fatty Organizer) and am used to keeping it always within arms reach.
JYD#105

#1054154 - 07/27/18 02:41 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Oh I forgot.

I checked the mail today and got my "Morale" patch in from Mil-spec monkey (got the folage green Owls Head) and affixed it to the bag. I was talking to Patty about the Sig 40 (P239 single stack) being sort of heavy so she suggested we go to my favorite gun shop (have I mentioned I LOVE THIS WOMAN?).

We got there and I went inside and found a couple of smaller guns for not a bad price and left. When I got to the Jeep she said "No Gun"? I said nah not really (I had planned on carrying my Ruger LC9) so I wasn't serious about looking. She Just opened her door and said we were going back inside. We got in and I showed her what I looked at and we both decided on an SCCY CPX-2 9mm. More to come in the What have you bought thread.

So the Sig ha been replaced with the SCCY and the Kizer folder has been taken out as well.

Edited by SkunkHunter (07/27/18 08:16 AM)
JYD#105

#1054156 - 07/27/18 02:51 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Congratulations Randy, you trained her well! grin
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054159 - 07/27/18 03:38 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

YUP, But she had a head start, being from "The Hills". wink
JYD#105

#1054162 - 07/27/18 08:57 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Congrats, Randy. I handled a CPX-2 in the store and they told me many people had good luck with them. I see that your wife has a good grasp of the basics, but if you want, I can have my wife give her some advanced tutelage in the finer points. It will have to be later today though because she is busy right now making me some sweet tea, my lunch and cleaning the gutters before she goes to work.
JYD #182

#1054174 - 07/28/18 02:13 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Thanks Ray, but unfortunately it will have to wait until Saturday afternoon. Patty has a photography class she is going to at Mingo in the morning. Buy Yeah, have your wife buzz on down and she can show Patty how it's done "Up North".
JYD#105

#1054183 - 07/28/18 05:37 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
coyotebc Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: British Columbia
Cool gun
I have one buddy that carries a murse, we bug him about being "marine tough" with his purse
The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102

#1054184 - 07/28/18 08:32 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Not as tough as Air Force tough.
JYD #182

#1054186 - 07/28/18 10:09 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Cough cough! :/…………………………………………………………………………………………………. laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054189 - 07/29/18 01:28 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Hehe. grin

Edited by SkunkHunter (07/29/18 01:28 AM)
JYD#105

#1054192 - 07/29/18 02:18 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

What did you promise Ray for his last comment Randy? whistle...…………………………………………. grin
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054195 - 07/29/18 02:25 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Not much, just the recipe for Patty's "Weird White Spaghetti" grin

Those Northern boys are so easy.
JYD#105

#1054201 - 07/29/18 11:13 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

He also said he would send me a picture of him wearing his wings and the murse. grin
JYD #182

#1054203 - 07/29/18 06:40 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

THAT would be worth a BIG laugh!!! laugh laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054206 - 07/29/18 09:59 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

OK, IF I can find the wings. I sent them out for their yearly Fairy dust sprinkling and put them up when I got them back.
JYD#105

#1054214 - 07/30/18 02:56 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Do you also "tip-toe through the tulips"??? laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054217 - 07/30/18 07:48 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Tom, you’re confusing me with Tiny Tim.
JYD#105

#1054218 - 07/30/18 08:21 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: SkunkHunter]
Junk Yard Dog

Well, we all know that you are certainly NOT tiny! grin
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054226 - 07/30/18 09:03 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Private Klink]
Junk Yard Dog

Originally Posted By: Private Klink
Well, we all know that you are certainly NOT tiny! grin

Ya got that right! I’m just a big ole bear. Sometimes a Grizzly and sometimes a Teddy. grin
JYD#105

#1054231 - 07/31/18 01:05 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

A Teddy carrying a murse. whistle...................... laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054236 - 07/31/18 10:35 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Maybe Randy can call it a "man portable field pack" instead of a murse.
JYD #182

#1054240 - 08/01/18 01:31 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Always thinking Ray! grin
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054242 - 08/01/18 01:50 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Na Ray, that would be my Malaga.
JYD#105

#1054246 - 08/01/18 09:33 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

See Ray? He even named his murse! laugh laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054249 - 08/01/18 11:47 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

You named it after a city in Spain?
JYD #182

#1054250 - 08/01/18 03:21 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Ray Settanta]
Junk Yard Dog

Well Ray, you know those Chair Force guys! whistle...……………….. laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054253 - 08/01/18 04:34 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Yes..... rolling eyes skyward..... I do. confused grin
JYD #182

#1054256 - 08/02/18 01:44 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Sheesh, a Chairman can't win around here! grin
JYD#105

#1054262 - 08/02/18 10:40 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: SkunkHunter]
Junk Yard Dog

That's OK Randy, we love ya' anyway. grin
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054270 - 08/03/18 02:19 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Yup, we be like brothers from a different mother. grin
JYD#105

#1054274 - 08/03/18 03:31 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Yep'! grin
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054277 - 08/03/18 11:50 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
coyotebc Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: British Columbia
Or inmates from a different. .........
wink
The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102

#1054278 - 08/04/18 01:54 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

WATCH IT NANOOK! wink
JYD#105

#1054281 - 08/04/18 08:38 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: SkunkHunter]
Junk Yard Dog

As Curly said.....Oh, a wise guy!" laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054322 - 08/08/18 05:40 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

I been called a lot of things in my adult life, but I'm not sure that Wise is one of them. wink
JYD#105

#1054323 - 08/08/18 08:11 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

OK, I finally have my MAN bag loaded up. My daily carry will now consist of:
1. Wallet
2. Checkbook
3. Phone charger and cord
4. iPhone 6s
5. Leatherman tool
6. 400 lumen flashlight
7. Single Cell backup AA flashlight
8. Meds
9. Breath mints
10. Keys
11. Bandana
12. SCCY CPX-2 9MM
13. 2 Spare Mags.
14. EZE Lap Model M diamond sharpener
15. Nail Clippers.

I think I have pretty much everything I would need for a "Man Purse". I might take out the Leatherman and the big flashlight out later on if I decide I don't really need them. I mean I DO have a Leatherman in my GHB that is always in which ever vehicle I am driving.

Edited by SkunkHunter (08/09/18 08:42 AM)
JYD#105

#1054324 - 08/08/18 08:17 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

But where is the Yard knife??? shocked

Edited by Private Klink (08/08/18 08:18 AM)
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054328 - 08/08/18 06:27 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Probably under the nail file.
JYD #182

#1054330 - 08/09/18 02:32 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Oh yeah I forgot, NAIL CLIPPERS! up
JYD#105

#1054331 - 08/09/18 02:34 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Yard knives are in both the Jeep and The escape. I carry an Emerson CQC15 and Mini CQC15 along with a CRK small Sebenza.

the large 15 is clipped to my right front pocket, the mini is IN my front right pocket and the Small Sebenza (my Sheeple knife) is clipped to my left front pocket.
JYD#105

#1054833 - 09/27/18 04:23 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

OK, after carrying the Fatboy for a couple months I am finally getting used to it and I LIKE IT. I have pretty much settled on the following items that I carry every day in the bag.
1. Check book that doubles as a wallet.
2. Phone charger and cord
3. iPhone 6S
4. 400 lumen flashlight (3 output levels and strobe)
5. Single Cell backup AA flashlight
6. Assorted meds
7. Duo breath mints
8. Vehicle and House keys
9. Cotton bandana
10. SCCY 9mm handgun with 2 spare 10 round mags(30 rounds total)
11. EZE Lap Model M diamond rod sharpener
12. Nail Clippers
13. Metal Toothpick
14. 32 GIG Thumb drive
15. Keys for the Stepson's house
16. Couple more medically required items (main reason I carry a Murse now).
17. Small Bic lighter

The gun Pouch is just a bonus. I was carrying my Schrade model SCH111 K-bit in the bag but now have it set up on my belt with a Tech Lock and I really like. Very unobtrusive and tucks up against my "Spare Tire" nicely not printing under an untucked shirt and is crazy fast to deploy.

I think I have pretty much everything I would need for a "Man Purse". I am pretty satisfied what I am carrying. It is heavier than what I would like, but the gun and ammo weigh about 3 pounds or a touch more.

Edited by SkunkHunter (09/27/18 04:28 AM)
JYD#105

#1054846 - 09/27/18 03:10 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

You forgot the kitchen sink! laugh laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054849 - 09/27/18 03:41 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Negative! It is in the Malaga. grin wink
JYD#105

#1054854 - 09/28/18 02:31 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Oh...….OK. grin
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054857 - 09/28/18 02:43 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

The Malaga goes from vehicle to vehicle. The Fatboy is always with me.
JYD#105

#1054861 - 09/28/18 09:30 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

I keep a small bag in each vehicle. wink
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054924 - 10/02/18 07:43 PM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: SkunkHunter]
Junk Yard Dog

Originally Posted By: SkunkHunter
The Fatboy is always with me.

Not gonna touch that line. Nope, not gonna do it! whistle grin
JYD #182

#1054929 - 10/03/18 01:33 AM Re: Man Purse ... do any of you carry one? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

It is a MAN PURSE Ray, Sheesh. grin wink
JYD#105

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >