Loc: The Show me State
Seems like the deal worked out well for you though. smile
Countin the days till Retirement! wink JYD#105

#1051439 - 10/11/17 04:38 PM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Mastiff]
Architect Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Earth
Originally Posted By: Mastiff
Got a 55gal water barrel with pump, Camp Chef Explorer 2 Burner Range, two more 20gal propane tanks, and a cast iron 5qt double dutch oven (rice pot).

With all the hurricane in our area, seems our house has become evacuation central. The wife has been generous with invitations to friends and relatives that don't want to waste their time or money preparing for common occurrences in our area.

Did I mention that the wife also became a volunteer for a local no kill cat shelter? She is now fostering 9 cats/kittens, three that need to be bottle fed every four hours. Since she still works full time "for something to do", I get to feed the little buggers three times each day. Did I also mention that I'm not a cat person? I don't hate cats, but I do like dogs (we have a Mastiff and a Black Lab) much,...much, much, much,...much, much more.

I forgot, I ordered a Busse INFI Park Ranger with black blade and tan/black G10 handle. This was the quid pro quo part of feeding kittens.

Well, with all of those evacuated people mouths to fill ... those cats might come in handy wink
JYD #123

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

#1051440 - 10/11/17 04:43 PM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Architect]
Architect Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Earth
I picked up the Ruger M77 Hawkeye All Weather at lunch. First impressions:

+ It appears to be well made. The use of cast parts is obvious, but the M77 has been around for decades and I don't recall hearing of any catastrophic failures.

+ Ruger's design includes integral scope bases (cast into the receiver). This is a great design feature that I've always liked. The fact they include the rings ... BONUS.

- It is one BIG and HEAVY beast. 24" barrel.

- The bolt had a spot of rust on it. Its a new stainless rifle.

- The factory plastic stock touches the barrel. This won't hurt my intended use, but it would likely bother others.

I'll try to remember to get some pictures.
JYD #123

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

#1051538 - Yesterday at 03:29 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Architect]
lazi Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: father of waters
Sounds like a nice rifle Arch.

I was all about getting a stainless 300WM rifle at one point. After seeing how my CZ 527 held up after a full day hunting in the rain I am not so convinced that I need a stainless one. I do still plan on getting a 300WM at some point. I am pretty much sold on getting a CZ UHR some day. I think I missed that day a month or so ago when one was listed as unfired in the orginal setup that had a scope and case. They originally sold with a Nightforce 5-25 and a seriously built metal case. The package was originally $5K and the listing ended up selling for $2K. The scope alone would sell for close to that. But the rifle is still on my short list..
JYD #82 yup...

Page 113 of 113 < 1 2 ... 111 112 113