header

Page 113 of 122 < 1 2 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 121 122 >
Topic Options
#1051432 - 10/11/17 10:28 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Seems like the deal worked out well for you though. smile
JYD#105

#1051439 - 10/11/17 04:38 PM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Mastiff]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Silverdale Manor
Originally Posted By: Mastiff
Got a 55gal water barrel with pump, Camp Chef Explorer 2 Burner Range, two more 20gal propane tanks, and a cast iron 5qt double dutch oven (rice pot).

With all the hurricane in our area, seems our house has become evacuation central. The wife has been generous with invitations to friends and relatives that don't want to waste their time or money preparing for common occurrences in our area.

Did I mention that the wife also became a volunteer for a local no kill cat shelter? She is now fostering 9 cats/kittens, three that need to be bottle fed every four hours. Since she still works full time "for something to do", I get to feed the little buggers three times each day. Did I also mention that I'm not a cat person? I don't hate cats, but I do like dogs (we have a Mastiff and a Black Lab) much,...much, much, much,...much, much more.

I forgot, I ordered a Busse INFI Park Ranger with black blade and tan/black G10 handle. This was the quid pro quo part of feeding kittens.

Well, with all of those evacuated people mouths to fill ... those cats might come in handy wink
JYD #123 formerly known as ARCHITECT.

I am Lord Charlie Mortdecai. And this is a little bit of magic is my mustache...

#1051440 - 10/11/17 04:43 PM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

I picked up the Ruger M77 Hawkeye All Weather at lunch. First impressions:

+ It appears to be well made. The use of cast parts is obvious, but the M77 has been around for decades and I don't recall hearing of any catastrophic failures.

+ Ruger's design includes integral scope bases (cast into the receiver). This is a great design feature that I've always liked. The fact they include the rings ... BONUS.

- It is one BIG and HEAVY beast. 24" barrel.

- The bolt had a spot of rust on it. Its a new stainless rifle.

- The factory plastic stock touches the barrel. This won't hurt my intended use, but it would likely bother others.

I'll try to remember to get some pictures.

I am Lord Charlie Mortdecai. And this is a little bit of magic is my mustache...

#1051538 - 10/22/17 03:29 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
lazi Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: father of waters
Sounds like a nice rifle Arch.

I was all about getting a stainless 300WM rifle at one point. After seeing how my CZ 527 held up after a full day hunting in the rain I am not so convinced that I need a stainless one. I do still plan on getting a 300WM at some point. I am pretty much sold on getting a CZ UHR some day. I think I missed that day a month or so ago when one was listed as unfired in the orginal setup that had a scope and case. They originally sold with a Nightforce 5-25 and a seriously built metal case. The package was originally $5K and the listing ended up selling for $2K. The scope alone would sell for close to that. But the rifle is still on my short list..
JYD #82 yup...

#1051554 - 10/24/17 01:24 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Andy the Aussie Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Sydney Australia
Recentlty....a Stihl 038 Mag with 8 chains and a couple of bars, a Tactical Tailor Nalgene pouch, some Human Gear bottle caps, Safariland Pistol Patch to mount a SLS on my plate carrier and working to organise a custom rail mount (for my bipod) out of The Netherlands for my SSG.

I had added one of these.....

https://www.remington.com/rifles/bolt-action/model-700/model-700-stainless-5-r

...to my shopping cart at one point this week as well !!!

Edited by Andy the Aussie (10/24/17 01:27 AM)

#1051567 - 10/25/17 11:48 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Private Klink Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: S.W. Missouri
My latest knife acquisition is a BT-6.
Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!

#1051575 - 10/26/17 02:03 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Got a triple mag pouch for AR-15 mags today. OTS strap for a fast grab and go. I like it.
JYD#105

#1051583 - 10/26/17 03:35 PM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
lazi Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: father of waters
Bags, pouches, and a pack....

I picked up some Blackhawk Diversion range bags for a really good price. These are some pretty decent range bags that are built to look more like gym bags.While I don't really look like a gym bag sort of guy it's probably better than camo or "tactical" black. Once configured these should make it a bit easier to get to the rane.

I also got a few pouches. Nothing special but I'm trying to work my way up to building a few survival type kits. Right now I'm just figuring out pouch size and items that I want to keep together. As I get more organized I will work up a few first aid kits and maybe some small emergency tool kits.

I also picked up a Maxpediton Condor II to use as a hunting pack. I was initially looking for something pretty basic but I added a bow and a climbing stand so I needed something that could work well with these. With the build quality and attachments on the Condor II I figured I would be able to carry both the stand and the bow off the the same pack. So far I have the stand figured out. The bow will probably be a pretty simple hack of some sort. I also want to try doing all day sits so the capacity of the pack looks like it will work welll for sitting in a tree all day.

Oh, and I bought a older model new phone. Cracked my screen on this one but I'm not doing a lot of technical stuff so there is no need to spend $650. The older flagship models for 1/4 the price will provide me more than enough tech for the next year or so.
JYD #82 yup...

#1051590 - 10/27/17 12:01 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Andy the Aussie Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Sydney Australia
Some .308 brass and 22/250 ammunition. Needed primers but htey didn't have my flavour.

#1051613 - 10/28/17 04:54 PM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: lazi]
Lord Mortdecai Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Originally Posted By: lazi

no need to spend $650. The older flagship models for 1/4 the price will provide me more than enough tech for the next year or so.

Absolutely.

Page 113 of 122 < 1 2 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 121 122 >