header

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1051739 - 11/04/17 04:39 PM Re: 7 Handguns Range AAR [Re: rth548]
Lord Mortdecai Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Silverdale Manor
Originally Posted By: rth548
I don't shoot mine as much as I should, but my Gen 3 G19 has been nothing but rock solid for me. The only stoppages I've ever had were in off-hand drills. I tend to limp wrist when I'm shooting lefty.

Do you happen to know the approximate round count? What are the three letters of your serial number? This will allow me to date it.
JYD #123 formerly known as ARCHITECT.

I am Lord Charlie Mortdecai. And this is a little bit of magic is my mustache...

#1051740 - 11/04/17 04:49 PM Re: 7 Handguns Range AAR [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

HECKLER & KOCH

I bought my first polymer HK in 1994 (it was a first run USP 45). I've had dozens of polymer HKs since:

USP 45 V1
USP 45 Compact V1
USP 40 Compact LEM
P2000 40SW V3
P2000 9mm LEM
P2000 9mm V3
P30SK 9mm V3
HK45 V1
HK45 CT V1
HK45 Tactical V1
P30L 40SW LEM
P2000SK 9mm LEM

(I've had multiples of each).

I know I'm forgetting some, but you get the idea.

I've never, not once, had a HK malfunction.

LES BAER

I've had a few:

Custom Carry
Custom Carry Stainless
(2) UTC
UTC (with NFCS)
SRP (hard chrome with 1.5" guarantee)

Again, never a single malfunction, and these guns come from teh factory STUPID TIGHT. My current UTC is so tight you can't break the barrel-to-slide lockup by simply pulling the slide back. You have to "pop" the front of the gun to break the seal. It'll loosen up with use, but again ... they can figure out how to make a gun so tight it can't be hand manipulated ... but is 100% reliable ... while Glock makes a gun so loose it rattles but won't function.

I am Lord Charlie Mortdecai. And this is a little bit of magic is my mustache...

#1051741 - 11/04/17 04:53 PM Re: 7 Handguns Range AAR [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

If society broke down, and "fighting in the streets" erupted I'd have a HK45 on my side as a back-up gun.

Since that is unlikely to happen, I'm more concerned with extreme accuracy. I want my daily gun to be as precise as possible. That's why you'll find a Baer on my side.

#1051742 - 11/04/17 05:03 PM Re: 7 Handguns Range AAR [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

I finally reached a point in my life wherein I realized that no amount of "stuff" could fill the void Americans have (we're trained to fill our empty lives with consumerism).

This is why I've been actively selling off my gun and knife collection.

There came a time when I realized that "less is more". I'm very happily on my way to having very few guns, knives, and gear. However, everything I'm keeping is top shelf.

The days of buying guns like the Glock because internet hype has that they'll run 100,000 rounds without cleaning and will look new are over.

The reality is: guys like Gaston Glock are pricks. Google his behavior, and you'll rethink buying one of his plastic guns.

I want to support smaller, customer appreciative companies now. If you call Baer Custom and the gal on teh phone can't help with your inquiry - she'll likely send you up to Les himself. Good luck getting that arrogant snob Ed Brown to speak. His staff will just try to sell you over priced parts in an attempt to get their overpriced product to function. Bill Wilson still occasionally answers the phone. Surprisingly, HK (in spite of their internet reputation ... see my comment about Glocks and the internet) has great CS too. They've actually bumped me to their engineering department before.

Other companies that have given me good customer service included:

Springfield Armory (outstanding)
StreamLight (remarkable)
LWRC (good but not outstanding)
Colt (to a slightly lesser degree)

When I'm done my gun collection will be small, but respectable.

#1051743 - 11/04/17 05:09 PM Re: 7 Handguns Range AAR [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

I was in a gun store yesterday (looking for a holster). A guy was buying a NEF shotgun, and bragging to the female shopkeeper that he has 48 guns at home. Said "I'll be in the dog house tonight ... I can't go out without coming home with another gun ... my [female dog] wife will be at me tonight".

I almost approached him for the way he degraded his wife, but realized a guy with 48 guns ... who is buying a $139 shotgun ... while the shelves are full of much higher quality options would not likely understand my issue with him.

You simply cannot fix stupid.

NOTE:
If all you can afford is a $139 shotgun - take no offense. He clearly can afford better if he, as he claims, has 48 guns at home.

#1051744 - 11/04/17 05:43 PM Re: 7 Handguns Range AAR [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Spider-Pig Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Republic of Texas
48 total? Shoot, I have that many Hi-Points!

Thanks for taking the time to post all that, Gary!

"Be still, Taggart!"

#1051745 - 11/04/17 07:20 PM Re: 7 Handguns Range AAR [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

The guy was about 4'-6" tall and 300 pounds. I suspect he's "compensating for other SHORT COMINGS".

#1051746 - 11/04/17 07:22 PM Re: 7 Handguns Range AAR [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Spider-Pig Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Republic of Texas
Maybe that explains why his wife is such a grouch.

"Be still, Taggart!"

#1051747 - 11/04/17 08:33 PM Re: 7 Handguns Range AAR [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

[/url]

#1051750 - 11/05/17 01:48 AM Re: 7 Handguns Range AAR [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Little man syndrome. (Take it how ever you want). That is what was wrong (well one of them) with my wife's first husband and the reason he beat on her. Before he died you have NO idea how hard it was to not use him for a tent peg on a pup tent.
Countin the days till Retirement! wink JYD#105

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >