header

Page 3 of 456 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 455 456 >
Topic Options
#208004 - 02/22/08 02:26 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite fold [Re: Sharp]
Sharp Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Somewhere with a knife
OH BTW, my favorite axis is definitely the BM Rukus. It's a monster of a folder.

Here's a comparison shot.

Some more artsy shots.

I really wish they made the Rukus in M2 or some other steel. It's rather large for an S30V blade.
JYD #54 "Put your hands high, let your arms be the pillars that be holding up the sky..."

#208005 - 02/22/08 02:39 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite fold [Re: Sharp]
Magnum22 Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: New Jersey
benchmade, eh?

you obviously never saw this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCQ16VAcnMI
JYD #7 Preserve the Yard.

#208006 - 02/22/08 02:42 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite fold [Re: Magnum22]
diceman Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Fort Livingroom
That proves it, I guess. Spyderco over Benchmade any day, huh?
JYD#9

#208007 - 02/22/08 02:45 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite fold [Re: diceman]
Sharp Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Somewhere with a knife
AHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

Thank you Mag, that was hilarious... yet stupid at the same time. Though, it was a good laugh, thanks, I really needed that. (been really busy lately)

I'm not sure it really applies to the knife world.

What's the next vid. A Dog vs. Hog.
JYD #54 "Put your hands high, let your arms be the pillars that be holding up the sky..."

#208008 - 02/22/08 07:33 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite fold [Re: stansbrew]
mhr Offline
Scrapper

Loc: pugetsoundopolis
For StansBrew and anyone else passing through WA state, FYI on the King County regs...

The county does not have a 3" limit to the best of my understanding. The county is covered under state law which states, "It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any [knife] apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons."

The only place with a different legal situation is the City of Seattle (and who wants to go to that side of the lake?) which prohibits (can not carry on your person) as follows:

=======
Seattle Municipal Code
The following definitions apply in this chapter:
A. "Dangerous knife" means any fixed-blade knife and any other knife having a blade more than three and one-half inches (3 1/2") in length.
B. "Fixed-blade knife" means any knife, regardless of blade length, with a blade which is permanently open and does not fold, retract or slide into the handle of the knife, and includes any dagger, sword, bayonet, bolo knife, hatchet, axe, straight-edged razor, or razor blade not in a package, dispenser or shaving appliance.
=======

Better watch that X-acto... it is a fixed blade and therefore illegal to possess within city limits!

#208009 - 02/22/08 08:52 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite fold [Re: mhr]
Wiggitty Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Washington, DC
i used to cycle through a variety of folders until I picked up my emerson. I've carried it everyday since then. I chose the CQC-10. I absolutely love love love it.

#208010 - 02/22/08 11:11 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite fold *DELETED* [Re: Wiggitty]
Prince of Peace Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Whitewater,WI
Post deleted by Prince of Peace

JYD #44

#208011 - 02/22/08 11:26 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite fold [Re: Prince of Peace]
Jim Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Indiana
I've posted mine before, but I carry a Kershaw Leek (model 1660G10ST -- G10, s30v stonewashed combo-edge blade) as my primary folder. I also carry a John Greco Whisper folder, which is a very heavy-duty knife, although I haven't encountered anything at the office that the Leek couldn't handle.

I used to carry a Puma (zytel-handled) Protec and tried to go back to it recently -- I was concerned that someone might complain about the assisted-opening Leek, but due to it's thicker blade, the Protec simply didn't slice as well as the Leek so I've just tried to be low-key when opening it. It's funny because I remembered that Puma as cutting so well, but it just didn't stand up well in comparison.

I've wanted a Blade-Tech M.L.E.K. for a while, and bought one last night -- I'm not sure I'll ever carry it, but it was being auctioned for a good cause (BF posted some links to fund-raising auctions for Tony Metsala, a knifemaker who lost his shop in a fire). I got a much better price on the auction than I expected (probably because the West-coast crowd was still at work when it ended). I'd have been happy to have gotten it at $20 more than the final price, so I sent that along too. I don't give to a lot of things, and am even offended when people at work push for donations to their favorite charity, but I figure that if I ever find myself in real need, perhaps a few bucks at just the right time might help turn things around for me -- banking a little Karma once in a while may or may not make a difference, but it can't hurt.

I noticed PoP's post after I committed mine. I'd say that you're technically correct, but since Scrap Yard doesn't manufacture folding knives, I don't see this as being about competitor's knives. Cold One or Private Klink will lock the thread down if they disagree, but for the moment, it's just a bunch of folks talking about their hobby, so I don't think they'll mind.
JYD #60

#208012 - 02/22/08 11:40 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite fold [Re: Jim]
Horn Dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Georgia
While I have a number of folders that I use more often than I use any fixed blade knife, including SYKCO knives, I don't feel that it is within the rules unless the folders are being shown in a comparison to a scrap yard knife, or for use in a combo, or in some way related to Scrap Yard Knives. These are some pretty pictures and I enjoy seeing them, but let's at least try to abide by the rules as posted. I used to post pictures of all kinds of knives here, but we have been asked not to discuss other manufacturer's knives here except in comparisons or chop offs. I invite you all to join Blade Forums and post over there under General Knife Discussion. Just my .02.

#208013 - 02/22/08 11:58 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite fold [Re: Horn Dog]
Wiggitty Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Washington, DC
well let's bring the discussion back to within the rules. Who has a rat trap out there? how does it stack up against some of the more popular folders? I've seen a couple in the aftermarket and wonder if they are of the same quality that the rest of the busse family fixed blades.

Page 3 of 456 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 455 456 >