header

Page 455 of 456 < 1 2 ... 453 454 455 456 >
Topic Options
#1053205 - 03/31/18 12:29 PM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite folders [Re: RN]
Ray Settanta Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: RN

I just ordered the Emerson I've been waiting on for like 2 years- the Kwaiken! I have it mightily hyped in my head...hopefully it meets my expectations!

I remember that you talked about wanting it and hope you're satisfied with it. It looks like a super knife!
JYD #182

#1053208 - 04/01/18 01:51 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite folders [Re: Sharp]
SkunkHunter Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
For a "Larger" folder, I really like two. The CQC15 and The patriot. They ARE quite similar, with the Patriot being Close to 1/2 inch longer in the handle with a slightly broader blade shape, AND the handle shape being slightly different.

TO ME the 15 would probably get the nudge fitting my sort of medium but porkier hand size better. And I do like the "Americalized Tanto" point although the more traditional point is done quite well on the Patriot. I wouldn't be disappointed carrying either blade.

For those of you wondering, TO ME, the Commander seems A completely different knife. The Recurve portion is deeper it appears and the point is more snub nosed, meaning shorter clipped and comes quite high on the blade. I don't care much for the commander personally.

Now to start working toward me next two purchases to bring my collection up to an even dozen, but it make take a while.

Edited by SkunkHunter (04/01/18 02:00 AM)
JYD#105

#1053211 - 04/01/18 07:25 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite folders [Re: Ray Settanta]
RN Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: CT
Originally Posted By: Ray Settanta
Originally Posted By: RN

I just ordered the Emerson I've been waiting on for like 2 years- the Kwaiken! I have it mightily hyped in my head...hopefully it meets my expectations!

I remember that you talked about wanting it and hope you're satisfied with it. It looks like a super knife!

Thanks Ray, it's a wicked looking blade. Supposed to get her Friday!
JYD #109
"I came here for the knives and stayed for the people."

#1053212 - 04/01/18 07:29 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite folders [Re: SkunkHunter]
RN Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Originally Posted By: SkunkHunter
For a "Larger" folder, I really like two. The CQC15 and The patriot. They ARE quite similar, with the Patriot being Close to 1/2 inch longer in the handle with a slightly broader blade shape, AND the handle shape being slightly different.

TO ME the 15 would probably get the nudge fitting my sort of medium but porkier hand size better. And I do like the "Americalized Tanto" point although the more traditional point is done quite well on the Patriot. I wouldn't be disappointed carrying either blade.

For those of you wondering, TO ME, the Commander seems A completely different knife. The Recurve portion is deeper it appears and the point is more snub nosed, meaning shorter clipped and comes quite high on the blade. I don't care much for the commander personally.

Now to start working toward me next two purchases to bring my collection up to an even dozen, but it make take a while.

It's funny you mention the 15. That's the knife I'm seeing if it can be beat with the Tiger and Kwaiken. The 15 is what I would bring for deployment and just feels great to me. The Emerson Persian is meaner, but not as functional to me.

The Commander never did it for me. I have a mini and carry it sometimes, but it's mostly because I enjoy the design.
JYD #109

#1053213 - 04/01/18 07:43 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite folders [Re: Sharp]
SkunkHunter Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Happy Easter Rich. Actually my favorite carry DEFENSIVE knife it the Mini15! It just fits my hand like a hand made pair of gloves. I wouldn't mind adding a mini commander to my collection but don't think I would actually carry it. That blunt nose just doesn't do it for me so I don't think I'll be ordering one.

I've been looking at the CQC7-V and the Gentleman Jim.

Edited by SkunkHunter (04/01/18 07:45 AM)
JYD#105

#1053225 - 04/02/18 05:12 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite folders [Re: Sharp]
RN Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

For a good while I felt like my mini 15 was the perfect edc, but the zt 0562 has really owned my pocket since I got it.

Have you ever seen the Emerson Barracuda? I love the blade design on that, but don't think the handle design is for me.
JYD #109

#1053230 - 04/02/18 10:48 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite folders [Re: Sharp]
SkunkHunter Offline
Junk Yard Dog

I have seen it bu5 donít remember it. Have to look it up.
JYD#105

#1053232 - 04/02/18 11:10 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite folders [Re: Sharp]
SkunkHunter Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Yup, I agree. Like the blade but not in love with the handle although it may be a good one.
JYD#105

#1053290 - 04/10/18 04:57 PM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite folders [Re: Sharp]
RN Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

And here's the Kwaiken...it is bad to the bone!

And another knife I was itching for. Microtech ended up having a run of their SOCOM Elites that I've been on the prowl for. Made for an expensive week...but gotta get it whiles the getting good sometime!

Check out the liner thickness and blade stock...that's a Emerson 10 next to it. I've never seen such a massive liner lock...

I've never been into serrated edges before, but that was all I could find once I realized they had done a run of these.
JYD #109

#1053293 - 04/11/18 01:31 AM Re: A discussion (hopefully) of your favorite folders [Re: Sharp]
SkunkHunter Offline
Junk Yard Dog

NICE! I am not into serrated edges either Rich, but they do cut like the dickens! Now just get yourself a round rod of some sort and ya good ta go. And yeah, that lock is pretty thick.

Edited by SkunkHunter (04/11/18 01:32 AM)
JYD#105

Page 455 of 456 < 1 2 ... 453 454 455 456 >