Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
160 lumens #392795 02/28/10 11:42 PM
myketheknife Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I found these at ******* today,*****for two.160 lumens at 100%,doesn't say what % on strobe.Looked like a good deal with the features they have & the power.Time will tell if they are any good/durable.I've been looking at the high end lights & couldn't pull the trigger on one, these have some of the same features.They are made for costco & have no warrenty on/in the package.Just Costco's return policy.
[Linked Image from farm5.static.flickr.com]
[Linked Image from farm3.static.flickr.com] [Linked Image from farm5.static.flickr.com] [Linked Image from farm5.static.flickr.com] [Linked Image from farm5.static.flickr.com]
This is 50% & flood mode.I only tried the light inside my apt.around noon.The spot isn't much smaller than flood at the short distance I tried it in the apt.
They come with 3 bats. each & have the striking bezel on both ends
They are pretty bright,o ring sealed & have knurling around the body.
The throw is supposed to be 100mtrs.Can't wait to get em out in the woods and check them out further.
Just thought I'd let the other price conscious (cheap)dogs know about these.Not bad for ***** for 2

Last edited by Horn Dog; 03/07/10 03:40 AM.
Re: 160 lumens [Re: myketheknife] #392796 02/28/10 11:59 PM
MonkeyBomb Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I have an earlier version of those. For 20 bucks they rock. I got mine 2 years ago. It was a 160 lumen and a second 120 lumen light. I keep one in the bedroom and one in a bag at work. I may have to snag another set sinc ehtey have them again.

JYD #113

I'm getting to old for this Stuff................
Re: 160 lumens [Re: MonkeyBomb] #392797 03/01/10 12:06 AM
myketheknife Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I have an earlier version of those. For 20 bucks they rock. I got mine 2 years ago. It was a 160 lumen and a second 120 lumen light. I keep one in the bedroom and one in a bag at work. I may have to snag another set sinc ehtey have them again.
Cool,good to know.I've got one on my nite stand allready.
Still going after 2 years huh?

SYKCO JYD#112
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it.
Re: 160 lumens [Re: myketheknife] #392798 03/01/10 12:57 AM
banana-clip Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Look like some great lights for the price. They look pretty bright, but I wonder if they are really 160 lumens. For the price, they look like a killer deal.

JYD #85
Re: 160 lumens [Re: banana-clip] #392799 03/01/10 01:48 AM
rmc85 Offline
Mutt
Mutt
Looks like a decent light. For the most part I've started buying only rechargeable's because they off set their cost pretty quickly by not having to buy new batteries. I just picked up a Streamlight Strion LED a few months back and I'm loving it. If you can drop a little more cash I highly suggest the Strion LED. It's 160 lumens plus 3 different modes and strobe. Great light.

[Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com]

Last edited by rmc85; 03/01/10 01:49 AM.
Re: 160 lumens [Re: myketheknife] #392800 03/01/10 02:33 AM
MonkeyBomb Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Cool,good to know.I've got one on my nite stand allready.
Still going after 2 years huh?

Yep I was surprised. They hold up pretty well. I don't use them alot but they work very well. I have 3 stream lights and a couple of surefires. These are bright. I think its as bright as my ultrstinger but it doesn't have the reach of the ultra.

JYD #113

I'm getting to old for this Stuff................
Re: 160 lumens [Re: rmc85] #392801 03/01/10 02:56 AM
myketheknife Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Looks like a decent light. For the most part I've started buying only rechargeable's because they off set their cost pretty quickly by not having to buy new batteries. I just picked up a Streamlight Strion LED a few months back and I'm loving it. If you can drop a little more cash I highly suggest the Strion LED. It's 160 lumens plus 3 different modes and strobe. Great light.

rmc,how long does the strion last on a charge?I've been thinking about rechargables but am concerned about the degradation of the cells after multiple charges over time.I almost got the LD10 but got a TTreg instead.

SYKCO JYD#112
Re: 160 lumens [Re: banana-clip] #392802 03/01/10 03:04 AM
myketheknife Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Look like some great lights for the price. They look pretty bright, but I wonder if they are really 160 lumens. For the price, they look like a killer deal.
Yeah BC,who knows what the lumens really are on something this cheap.But what the hell 20 bucks for two.they are plenty bright for my needs.I'm more worried about durability.

SYKCO JYD#112
Re: 160 lumens [Re: myketheknife] #392803 03/01/10 03:04 PM
S
Silverback Offline
Pooch
Pooch
S

myketheknife
Thanks for the heads-up. I will get these tomorrow. What is the Costco item
number please, I want to call and make sure they have them in stock at my local store?
The Costco return policy is about as ironclad as you can find.

Re: 160 lumens [Re: myketheknife] #392804 03/02/10 02:01 AM
rmc85 Offline
Mutt
Mutt

rmc,how long does the strion last on a charge?I've been thinking about rechargables but am concerned about the degradation of the cells after multiple charges over time.I almost got the LD10 but got a TTreg instead.

2 on high, 4 on medium, and 7.5 on low. The battery is good to go after many, many, many charges. Streamlight list the battery on the Strion as good for more than 500 charges and I believe it. I've had my UltraStinger for a few years now and I havent noticed any problems with the battery after a ton of charging. I dont think the Strion will be any different. I use my Strion or UltraStinger every day/night and wouldnt trade them for anything.

I'm actually looking at getting a Stinger HP LED to replace my UltraStinger because its an LED.

Re: 160 lumens [Re: Silverback] #392805 03/02/10 04:09 AM
myketheknife Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog

myketheknife
Thanks for the heads-up. I will get these tomorrow. What is the Costco item
number please, I want to call and make sure they have them in stock at my local store?
The Costco return policy is about as ironclad as you can find.
Sorry silverback,I allready threw out the package.And for the late reply.

SYKCO JYD#112
Re: 160 lumens [Re: rmc85] #392806 03/02/10 04:17 AM
myketheknife Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog

2 on high, 4 on medium, and 7.5 on low. The battery is good to go after many, many, many charges. Streamlight list the battery on the Strion as good for more than 500 charges and I believe it. I've had my UltraStinger for a few years now and I havent noticed any problems with the battery after a ton of charging. I dont think the Strion will be any different. I use my Strion or UltraStinger every day/night and wouldnt trade them for anything.

I'm actually looking at getting a Stinger HP LED to replace my UltraStinger because its an LED.
Thanks rmc,I checked them out allready.I'm liking the St.HP LED too.I'll never buy a krypton bulb again.

SYKCO JYD#112
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3