header

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#567219 - 02/15/11 05:15 AM Re: Good EDC flashlight [Re: sumoj275]
Prince of Peace Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Whitewater,WI
The Fenix LD01 is extremely small, not much bigger than the AAA cell it uses. It has 3 modes: primary, low, and maximum.

The Fenix LD01 uses just one common AAA battery and produces light compared to many other flashlights 10 times it's size!

It's compact size and lightweight build, it is perfect for Every Day Carry. Moreover, its solid reliability has been strictly tested and proven. Cree Premium (Q5) 7090 XR-E LED with lifespan of 50,000 hours Three output types: 27 Lumens (3.5hrs) -> 10 Lumens (8.5hrs) -> 80 Lumens (1hr) Uses one 1.5V AAA (Alkaline, Ni-MH, Lithium) battery, inexpensive and widely available.

Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum Durable Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish 14.8-gram weight (excluding batteries) Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating Reliable twist switch Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle Included accessories: clip, key ring, and a spare O-ring

The LD01 makes a AAA battery last forever, and costs mere pennies to replace when wore.

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=132

I have many Fenix lights and the price and value are true Scrap Yard like.

The LD15 uses a AA battery and makes 115 lumens on high.

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=121

Both lights are waterproof,use cheap common batterys and are a true value.

Peace.

JYD #44

#567220 - 02/15/11 07:29 AM Re: Good EDC flashlight [Re: Prince of Peace]
MonkeyBomb Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Nation Wide
I just picked up the county comm AA led Extreme with two modes. Eye blistering and 2 lumen. Definately worth it. Fits easily in a front pocket.

They show it still in stock as of right now. I may pick up a couple more.

"NOT DEAL SPOTTING" just pointing out facts
JYD #113

Everyday I don't train, someone else does, and they are training to defeat me

#567221 - 02/15/11 07:55 AM Re: Good EDC flashlight [Re: MonkeyBomb]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am more than satisfied with my Terralux Lightstar 220. It seems to almost be exactly what you are looking for. It has Cree RXE Q-4 LED. Takes two AA batteries. Has high/220 lumen and low/100 lumen.

The high setting seems to be about 200+ lumens and the low is more like 80 lumens. It is advertised as having a 6 hour burn time in low mode and 2 hour in high mode. After using mine daily for about two weeks, I'd say these numbers are about right. I haven't changed the batteries yet and it is still as bright as when I got it.

It is has a solid build, aircraft aluminum. Comes with a mediocre sheath and lanyard and a nice pocket clip. It is waterproof.

It performs as well as more expensive Surefires and Fenix lights, and the best part it is only $30.

Edited by JarheadJournalist (02/15/11 07:59 AM)

#567222 - 02/15/11 08:03 AM Re: Good EDC flashlight [Re: SkunkHunter]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

FENIX LIGHTS! Yes, THAT is what I was trying to think of. Thanks YOTE! Leica, now where did THAT come from?

I was talking to you about the new camera setup I am getting a few days ago and Leica lenses were discussed.

#567223 - 02/15/11 02:39 PM Re: Good EDC flashlight [Re: ]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
You're probably right JJ. Weird how some things stick in our minds. That Terralux sounds nice. May have to check that brand out myself.
JYD#105

#567224 - 02/15/11 06:24 PM Re: Good EDC flashlight [Re: sumoj275]
El CacaFuego Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
Quote:

Have a couple of Surefire G2's that have served me well. I would like to find one that doesn't use batteries so fast.

the LED heads make for much better battery life than the incan heads do. I just converted my 6P with a crenulated LED head. My batts had a nasty habit of dying while the light sat waiting to be used with the old head. So far the issue hasn't cropped up with the LED head. only about 40$ online

JYD #118

#567225 - 02/15/11 06:35 PM Re: Good EDC flashlight [Re: El CacaFuego]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Have a couple of Surefire G2's that have served me well. I would like to find one that doesn't use batteries so fast.

the LED heads make for much better battery life than the incan heads do. I just converted my 6P with a crenulated LED head. My batts had a nasty habit of dying while the light sat waiting to be used with the old head. So far the issue hasn't cropped up with the LED head. only about 40$ online

I did the same with my Surefire, and it was definitely worth it.

#567226 - 02/15/11 06:37 PM Re: Good EDC flashlight [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Terralux and possibly other companies make LED upgrades for just about every Maglight too. Worth a look if you have some outdated Mags in the back of a drawer or bottom of a tool box collecting dust.

#567227 - 02/15/11 11:07 PM Re: Good EDC flashlight [Re: ]
Horn Dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Georgia
I have a Streamlight Scorpion, but I'm sure there are much better ones avialable now. At the time I got it, it was a step up from a Maglite.

#567228 - 02/15/11 11:46 PM Re: Good EDC flashlight [Re: Horn Dog]
skorpyd Offline
Scrapper

Loc: Michigun
I have an ITP a3eos, I love it. It's with me all the time in my front pocket. I use it more than any light I've ever owned, just because it's small enough to always be with me, yet still has decent light output. 3 modes High, Medium, and low. High is 80 lumen, pretty good for such a small package. This light also is the same as one of the Maratac's, not sure if it's the one you were interested in. You can get them for about $20 at Going Gear, plus you can get 10% off at GG if you get a Candlepower Forum coupon code. Pic of my EDC arsenal including the a3eos.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >