Holy bacon!!!

[Linked Image from i1248.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from i1248.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 05:36 AM

Rambo should love it! laugh
Posted By: tbdoc4kids

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 07:16 AM

That's a hunk of INFI! Be interesting to see how those teeth perform.
Posted By: Dumpster Dan

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by tbdoc4kids
That's a hunk of INFI! Be interesting to see how those teeth perform.

Freakishly good...that and the corrugated bevel is one amazing piece of steel. Do I sound like I have hog envy?

Dan
Posted By: SkunkHunter

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 10:51 AM

We could have used that thing over at Mingo back early spring. We had about 20-30 wild hogs run across one of the roads in front of us.
Posted By: gun dog

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 12:36 PM

I think I will need one...

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 02:11 PM

I might, depending on the price. wink
Posted By: GeneralDelivery

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 03:02 PM

She is a mean looking thing. I wonder how the saw is going to work having the cut on the push. I would think I wouldnt want to have it bind up and have my hand slip forward. Might be missing a few fingers. I would think you would want to have it cut on the pull.

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 03:03 PM

I might have to break my no more knife rule and get her. She is singing to me like a beautiful siren.
Posted By: feederle

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 03:26 PM

price will make the issue... smirk
Posted By: yesh

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by GeneralDelivery
She is a mean looking thing. I wonder how the saw is going to work having the cut on the push. I would think I wouldnt want to have it bind up and have my hand slip forward. Might be missing a few fingers. I would think you would want to have it cut on the pull.

The ASHBM has a very prominent guard and very pronounced handle contouring, I think you will be just fine as long as you have an uncompromised grip and your hands are not greasy.

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 06:50 PM

Just use a rearward lanyard and shorten it correctly and that should end any fears you might have.

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 06:54 PM

If the teeth are done correctly, as I suspect they are, it should cut quite well. Good for when you need to make camp and want to save the edge for game-processing. smile

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 08:03 PM

Jerry has this to say about it

Yes, it's INFI!

The Busse Combat Battle Saw

This knife is inspired by a saw tooth monster I made back in the early 80's, and is built on the foundation of the legendary Straight Handled Battle Mistress. The model I made in the 80's was the only one on the market at the time with saw teeth that were canted toward the tip. My research at the time indicated that the only saws on the market with backward canted teeth were tenon or draw saws that were designed for cutting in finely detailed tenons and dove tails for drawers. They were not designed for heavy notching and or sawing. Users of these two different designs heavily favored the teeth in the forward canted position, as this allowed the user to put their weight into the cut and allowed for much deeper and much more efficient cutting. With the teeth on top, the best position was to saw from the bottom up. Many saw backed knives had a groove running down the center of the teeth. This groove was fine on dried wood but green wood would bind up rather quickly and required constant cleaning in order to proceed.

The teeth were never meant to replace the chopping required to build a shelter or to gather wood for a fire, but rather for notching sticks for traps and for shelter building when a straight cut edge or notch would work best for a particular application.

The Battle Saw features our patented CBT Corrugated Bevel Technology which reduces weight while increasing rigidity in the blade. It makes for a very efficient chopper.

The butt of the knife is flat and is perpendicular to the cutting edge for efficient hammering of the tip.

The teeth are sharpened prior to coating for better protection from the elements. The coating will not impede the cutting ability of the teeth.

Coming to the website today!!!
Available while LIMITED supplies last...

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 08:26 PM

What is the thickness?

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 09:36 PM

What is the thickness?

.22"

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 10:05 PM

Just saw it up on the site. To thick for this dog.

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 10:12 PM

I HAD to do it! blush

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 10:26 PM

Congrats Tom
Posted By: banana-clip

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 10:57 PM

The teeth were my main concern also. They look like the teeth are too deep to cut wood effectively, plus having to cut on the push seems odd to me. Its a nice looking blade but Im going to have to pass on it.

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 11:28 PM

Just saw it up on the site. To thick for this dog.

Me too, I see little reason to go above 3/16" for anything under 18"…. that is unless heavy prying is a concern which I don't do to often.

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/14/15 11:30 PM

I'm in for 2.... And very broke

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/15/15 12:02 AM

Congrats Gun Dog.

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/15/15 12:57 AM

^^^^ +1 ! grin

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/15/15 01:03 AM

Sage with green and black g10
Black with pumpkin g10
I've hit the stage in my Busse addiction where I buy 2 of everything... It's not good at all folks....
Posted By: storminnorman01

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/15/15 02:22 AM

Im in on this one black on black. Looks like a beast. Don't have anything with the cbt treatment and teeth on a Busse don't seem to show up to often.
Posted By: storminnorman01

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/15/15 02:22 AM

Im in on this one black on black. Looks like a beast. Don't have anything with the cbt treatment and teeth on a Busse don't seem to show up to often.

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/15/15 05:15 AM

I went with black canvas handle and tanker gray blade. smile
Posted By: feederle

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/15/15 09:56 AM

thought about it and i can see no real use in my camping/hiking/outdoor set up...i juse cheap folding saws (if i use them at all) and just throw them away when they start getting dull...
Posted By: Jroden5446

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/20/15 12:17 PM

Broke my Busse (and kin) drought with this one. Really cool looking knife.
Posted By: evltcat

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/20/15 03:01 PM

I had been thinking "I should get another ASHBM before they sell out.." And of course that means BOOM! They were gone! mad

Then the Battle Saw pops up... IN! Black with Black Canvas. Just could not resist her!!!! wink

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/20/15 06:24 PM

It definitely has appeal! wink

Re: The Busse Battle Saw! - 10/20/15 09:16 PM

It's the curves for sure....,
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums