Scrap Yard Knife Company

ASH 2

Posted By: SkunkHunter

ASH 2 - 11/23/15 11:54 PM

Live after 5pm Wednesday.

I THINK he said $427.00(thanks Massive Metal) 9 inch blade, .220 thick. So for all you ASH Covetous folks wink here ya go.

The Busse news letter lists all the info you need. Sorry, but I hit the wrong button and deleted it.

I think that OZ may now well go the way of Atlantis and sink to the bottom of the ocean once that large batch of steel gets to the "Land down under".
Posted By: Massive Metal

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 12:00 AM

waiting for the TRASH2

and the ASH2 is $427.00

MM
cool

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 01:26 AM

OK, here ya go.

"Live After Five"
This coming Wednesday on the Busse Combat Knife Site.
The ASH 2 Combat Grade!!!! YES!!! It IS INFI!!!!

Specs:
Blade Length: 9"
Overall Length: 14.5"
Thickness: Approx .220"
Blade Width: 1.75"
Grind: High Saber
Steel: INFI
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
Base Price $427.00

Blade Finish Options:
Black
Desert Sage
Tanker Gray
Muddy Brown

Handle Options:

Black Canvas (Included in base price)
Tan Canvas (Included in base price)
Black G-10 FREE through entire offer for the
Black Friday Special!!!
You'll save $35.00!!!
Red/Black + $50.00
Blue/Black + $50.00
Tan/Black + $50.00
Orange/Black + $50.00
Green/Black + $50.00
Posted By: luck

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 02:10 AM

I wonder if we need to reorder if we already preordered at Blade?
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 02:23 AM

Good question!!! confused

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 02:49 AM

I sent a PM to Lexi asking about the pre-orders, so I imagine they will answer the question on-line tomorrow. wink
Posted By: Evil Spock

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 03:59 AM

Wow, my largest Kin purchase ever was a SR Waki (SR101) at $430...

Must be nice to have mad $$$ smile

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 04:23 AM

At one time I never thought I would spend more than $50.00 for a knife! laugh
Posted By: Sethrotull

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 05:18 AM

I'll settle for my Chophouse.
Posted By: greaser

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 07:15 AM

It is sweet, but I am happy with my trash.
Posted By: Endeavour Morse

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 04:00 PM

The ASH-2 is tempting. I like the leaner-than-normal thickness vs 9" length, but I can't see this knife doing anything better than my NMSFNO.

What is everyone's thoughts on how this knife will perform against a NMSFNO for fieldcraft (I'm a user not a collector).

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 04:40 PM

The ASH-2 is lighter weight. wink More likely to actually be carried and used.
Posted By: Rasmus

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by luck

Weren't those Satin finish ASH-2's?

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 07:19 PM

Tom,
Here are the specs (as we know them) for comparison:

ASH-2 vs NMSFNO

Thickness = 0.22 vs 0.25
Height = 1.75 vs 1.875
Length = 9 vs 8
Grind = Saber vs FFG

The NMSFNO also has the nuclear treatment which removes metal and lightens the knife. I can't see the 0.03" thickness and 0.125 height making up for the extra 1" of blade and saber grind (more weight in the spine).

Do you have the weight of each, because if I can get an extra 1" of blade for less weight (while not sacrificing much thickness) I'll probably order one.

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 07:22 PM

The weight of the NMSFNO was listed as 20.8 ounces.

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 07:46 PM

Who am I kidding? The last time long INFI was offered....R E L A T I V E L Y cost effectively (ASHBM) I bought four of them. I'll probably end up with two of these, because I HATED the ASHBM and sold all four at a substantial loss just to get rid of them.

I'm hoping the balance and feel of these is improved over the ASHBM.
Posted By: Andy the Aussie

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 08:57 PM

I will get at least one..... if it were not for the $4.5KUS bill I just got from the African adventure I would have had several... wink

Arch....I too hated the ASHBM... I tried to love it but just could not. Thankfully I didn't have to buy one to decide that. I did get a Battle Saw but I see that one as maybe moving down the road at some point if it does not blow wind up my skirt.

Re: ASH 2 - 11/24/15 09:25 PM

Andy,
I'd feel like I'm denying my first Busse love (the ASH-1) if I didn't buy at least one of her exceedingly large sisters. However, our mutual dislike of the ASHBM has me concerned about over-investing in a saturated Busse/Kin market (read: it will probably take time for these to be sought on the secondary, because most people will just buy them shop-direct...and there has been so many options people are justifiably spending their cash at the Shop and not on the Exchange).

My wife told me to buy two and then decide if I wanted two (I have a good wife). However, like yourself, I've spent rather heavily on "fun stuff" lately. I've bought another AUG (this one is an AUG A3 M1 with factory 3x optic costing over $2000); three Jackmandus; one Battle Grade Busse off the Exchange (due to arrive today); $511 worth of LED headlamps (I'm testing...); two Maxpedition packs; another Spyderco folder; and 1000rds of 10mm ammo. I have other kit I actually NEED to buy.

If I buy one ... it'll be the greatest knife ever and they'll be off the Shop site. If I buy two ... I'll hate the design. I might need to "settle" for one of these. I'm actually rather curious to see what else is coming.

ETA: I REALLY HATE mad that I missed out on the Battle Grade Active Duty. I meant to order three, but was in the process of moving and totally forgot until they closed sales. frown My search for a SR101 bushcrafter continues and my concerns about not buying something that I have even the slightest interest in grows.
Posted By: Andy the Aussie

Re: ASH 2 - 11/25/15 01:56 AM

Yeah it is a tough call mate, I LOVE my ASH1s, the ASH2 gives up (to my eye) the great lines/balance that is the ASH1. That said my only ASH complaint has been reach.... decisions decisions. It is CLEAR I will get "one" (it is an ASH of course) despite the fact I need another knife like I need a hole in my head.

The Battle Saw was an "ohhhhhh ahhhhhhh" buy and I may well not like it but, like me, it is unique and that can be interesting as well. I LOVE the BATAC but held off buying a couple of those in BG just because I was worried something (and ASH2) would crop up soon.... and I have three BATACs in INFI already.

I have another NMSFNO and another MMD between NY and here as I type as well....

Re: ASH 2 - 11/25/15 10:31 PM

The ASH-2 is "live" and ready to order! I got mine already ordered! grin
Posted By: RN

Re: ASH 2 - 11/25/15 10:36 PM

The Busse Combat Group is in high production mode!

What a crazy number of releases...I picked the wrong year to take a salary hit! Hah!
Posted By: gun dog

Re: ASH 2 - 11/26/15 05:38 AM

I want one but can't afford it with battle saws on order.
Posted By: Grog

Re: ASH 2 - 11/26/15 09:20 AM

I really want to order one but some part of me thinks there will be something big to cap the whole '2 weeks' thing off- and if that thing is an SR101 Mistress I want to still have one of my kidneys unsold.

I've passed on the Battle Grade TG (don't need no stinking guard!), Battle Saw (perfect except for the Saw part to me), and BATAC, I'm in for all the others so far. Gah, I dunno. $1500 in steel on the way should be enough.. and there's Survive! preorders to pay for... And I just got a 1311 to go with the 1111... and a Fiddleback Camp knife, and a LTWK Genesis.

Sorry, I'm just talking myself out of talking myself out of it.

Re: ASH 2 - 11/26/15 09:24 AM

No worries Grog, you only live once, unless your wife finds out then she will keep bringing you back so she can torment you again and again and again. wink
Posted By: Dumpster Dan

Re: ASH 2 - 11/26/15 12:35 PM

I believe you are good...but it might make sense to send Lexi an email or call. You do not want to miss out on this monster

Dan
Posted By: Dumpster Dan

Re: ASH 2 - 11/26/15 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Architect
Andy,
I'd feel like I'm denying my first Busse love (the ASH-1) if I didn't buy at least one of her exceedingly large sisters. However, our mutual dislike of the ASHBM has me concerned about over-investing in a saturated Busse/Kin market (read: it will probably take time for these to be sought on the secondary, because most people will just buy them shop-direct...and there has been so many options people are justifiably spending their cash at the Shop and not on the Exchange).

My wife told me to buy two and then decide if I wanted two (I have a good wife). However, like yourself, I've spent rather heavily on "fun stuff" lately. I've bought another AUG (this one is an AUG A3 M1 with factory 3x optic costing over $2000); three Jackmandus; one Battle Grade Busse off the Exchange (due to arrive today); $511 worth of LED headlamps (I'm testing...); two Maxpedition packs; another Spyderco folder; and 1000rds of 10mm ammo. I have other kit I actually NEED to buy.

If I buy one ... it'll be the greatest knife ever and they'll be off the Shop site. If I buy two ... I'll hate the design. I might need to "settle" for one of these. I'm actually rather curious to see what else is coming.

ETA: I REALLY HATE mad that I missed out on the Battle Grade Active Duty. I meant to order three, but was in the process of moving and totally forgot until they closed sales. frown My search for a SR101 bushcrafter continues and my concerns about not buying something that I have even the slightest interest in grows.

I dont know about the active duty but you might want to call Lexi and get on the waiting list for unclaimed knives. Its rare but she gets a cancelation now and then...whats the down side smile

Re: ASH 2 - 11/27/15 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dumpster Dan

I believe you are good...but it might make sense to send Lexi an email or call. You do not want to miss out on this monster

Dan

Thanks Dan!

Re: ASH 2 - 11/28/15 01:55 AM

Dan,
Thank you! I had no idea I could do that!!!!

I'm going to call Monday!

Re: ASH 2 - 11/28/15 05:37 AM

Gary, there are three CGAD's on the Exchange now! wink

Re: ASH 2 - 11/28/15 01:49 PM

For you guys that were on the preorder, here's the response I got from Ms. Lexi:

Luck,

Go ahead and order! You are on the approved discount list for pre-ordering.

Thank you,
Lexi
Customer Service
Busse Combat

Re: ASH 2 - 11/28/15 04:56 PM

Right on Brother; I received a similar email. wink

Re: ASH 2 - 12/02/15 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
No worries Grog, you only live once, unless your wife finds out then she will keep bringing you back so she can torment you again and again and again. wink

I am a weak, weak man. Black G10, tanker grey blade. At least I have no problem passing on this week's offering.

Re: ASH 2 - 12/02/15 03:25 PM

Way to go Brother! grin
Posted By: evltcat

Re: ASH 2 - 12/02/15 04:40 PM

I was on the fence and boy and I glad I let her go...
Got my TRASH-1 two weeks ago, by Battle Saw last week, dinged for my CGFBM from the BladeShow Ganzaa last week, and just got dinged for my CGASH-1 from the BladeShow Ganzaa yesterday. Its been an EXPENSIVE month! eek

At least the only thing I've still got on order is my ChopHouse Lean, so I can jump on the next thing that makes me drool! grin

Re: ASH 2 - 12/03/15 05:25 AM

Chop House Special, Battle Saw, JackManDu, and ASH-2 still to be delivered! shocked

Re: ASH 2 - 12/03/15 06:33 AM

Nice wait list Tom.

Re: ASH 2 - 12/03/15 11:02 AM

Chop House Thick and Lean, SYKCO Skinner, 1/4" Ratweiler, BG SFNO and AMS, ASH-2, and BG Hell Razor. cool

I don't plan on keeping both of the Chop Houses, we'll see how they do with the 1311 and 1111. Not sure what I was thinking with the thicker Ratweiler, it's not a chopper so the extra thickness seems pointless now.

I like the BG Active Duty but I have a feeling the AMS is going to kick it down the road just based on specs. Time will tell.

Re: ASH 2 - 12/03/15 11:13 AM

If I TRIED to buy that much steel, my bank account would be screaming FOUL! We TRY and not use the CC for anything. Once we finally got them paid off, don't want to get into that hole again.

Re: ASH 2 - 12/03/15 03:34 PM

I know Randy, you're planning on taking all your money with you to that 6' deep hole! laugh

Re: ASH 2 - 12/03/15 07:53 PM

Nah, I plan to be cremated. They'll need something to start the fire. wink

Re: ASH 2 - 12/03/15 09:17 PM

Are you SURE you're not going to the location of full-time cremation??? grin

Re: ASH 2 - 12/04/15 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Private Klink
Are you SURE you're not going to the location of full-time cremation??? grin

IF I am, I have been wrong for over 50 years!

AND, I just said that so you guys wouldn't try and dig me up. smile

Re: ASH 2 - 12/04/15 06:54 AM

You don't have to worry about that since you passed on the ASH-2. laugh

Re: ASH 2 - 12/05/15 06:44 AM

Well what with my BWM, 911, 1311 and the forthcoming Leaner ChopHouse I think I have the large ones covered. Besides, we just paid our taxes and my new gun.

Re: ASH 2 - 12/05/15 07:45 AM

New gun???!!?? Must be nice to have money. whistle.................. grin

Re: ASH 2 - 12/05/15 07:49 AM

Haha, I reckon I'm in good standing with Chase!

I think I have my "Battery" all fleshed out. This last pistol gives me the caliber and magazine compatibility between my Beretta CX4 Carbine and now the PX4 pistol.

Re: ASH 2 - 12/05/15 07:50 AM

I actually got the pistol the day before Thanksgiving. The CC bill came in and the funds went out!

Re: ASH 2 - 12/05/15 07:51 AM

I've spent WAY to much money the last three months. PLUS I still have the Leaner ChopHouse to pay for once Renee bills us for them. Oh well, MAYBE it won't come due until the new year, but I doubt it.

Re: ASH 2 - 12/05/15 08:00 AM

We went to do a little Christmas shopping earlier; shopping for five Grandkids adds up quickly! shocked We're planning on a trip to my son's home in Alabama for Christmas, and my daughter and family are driving up from Florida. First time with all five kids at once. smile

Re: ASH 2 - 12/05/15 08:02 AM

I hope your son has a BIG house! (got room for 6 more)? wink

Re: ASH 2 - 12/05/15 08:05 AM

He DOES have a nice home; there will be room for all of us. wink

Re: ASH 2 - 12/05/15 08:08 AM

Well since I didn't order an ASH 2 I guess us coming down is out and all I should expect for Christmas is a lump of coal. frown

Re: ASH 2 - 12/05/15 08:10 AM

But you have your new gun to play with! laugh

Re: ASH 2 - 12/05/15 08:19 PM

YUP, and my BGASH 1 and My TRASH 1 and my forthcoming Leaner Chop House to dream of! smile
Posted By: Ray Settanta

Re: ASH 2 - 12/06/15 01:50 PM

Looks like Randy has been doing his part to boost up the country's GNP. grin

Re: ASH 2 - 12/06/15 04:41 PM

Well, when you have money like Randy.................. grin
Posted By: Hooker

Re: ASH 2 - 12/06/15 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
YUP, and my BGASH 1 and My TRASH 1 and my forthcoming Leaner Chop House to dream of! smile

Good taste, Randy! Got the same trio. It's amazing how many offerings I've had to pass on though. My humble means have made it tough to evaluate the needs vs wants.
Posted By: Massive Metal

Re: ASH 2 - 12/06/15 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hooker
My humble means have made it tough to evaluate the needs vs wants.

Actually my humble means has made it really easy! All I can get now is an EDC'able knife like a BG Game Warden or a Mud Puppy style knife

MM
cool

Re: ASH 2 - 12/06/15 09:52 PM

I hear ya Hooker! It is said man can live 3 weeks without food. I guess going without for 2 weeks at a time then eating for a week will be good for my figure. AND it will leave more money for TOYS! smile

Re: ASH 2 - 12/07/15 07:30 AM

Between the Feds and County, you have PLENTY of money for toys Randy! grin

Re: ASH 2 - 12/07/15 03:02 PM

Now Tom, be nice. I haven't even started yet! Hopefully when I retire for good, I can collect:

1. Military retirement
2. Social security
3. LAGERS retirement
4. CERF retirement
5. Military disability (The VA worker put me in for, still in the works).

So. THANK YOU EVERYONE for paying your taxes! smile

Re: ASH 2 - 12/07/15 06:57 PM

Just remember that my birthday and Christmas are coming up! laugh

Re: ASH 2 - 12/07/15 08:21 PM

Haha, IF I remember right, Tuesday is your special day.

Re: ASH 2 - 12/07/15 08:21 PM

OH, not THIS Tuesday, but next week.

Re: ASH 2 - 12/07/15 08:25 PM

Just looked on the calendar, I am SO good! grin

Re: ASH 2 - 12/07/15 10:19 PM

Well, you have my address, so you can send me presents! laugh

Re: ASH 2 - 12/07/15 10:44 PM

Something cheap and trashy? I mean you already have the General, and you can't get anything better than that, Right? smile

Whew. For a second there I thought I was gonna have to get you an ASH2 on the secondary market. wink

Re: ASH 2 - 12/08/15 02:08 AM

Well, I DO have an ASH-2 coming, but you could send me another one anyway! grin

Re: ASH 2 - 12/29/15 07:35 PM

Woo-hoo dinged!

Re: ASH 2 - 12/29/15 11:04 PM

Wow! shocked I just received my BattleSaw today; can my ASH-2 be far behind??? grin

Re: ASH 2 - 12/30/15 06:32 AM

Your Big ASH IS behind you. wink Or stated another way it isn't there yet. smile

Re: ASH 2 - 12/30/15 06:36 AM

The humor.....the humor. whistle

Re: ASH 2 - 01/06/16 03:51 PM

Big ASH with fat ASH and skinny ASH
[Linked Image from i1273.photobucket.com]

Re: ASH 2 - 01/06/16 06:40 PM

Brother Luck, those are really sweet! smile I hope that I receive my ASH-2 soon....today would be fine! grin

Re: ASH 2 - 01/06/16 07:14 PM

Thank you, sir! Hope yours make it to you ASAP!
Posted By: gun dog

Re: ASH 2 - 01/07/16 04:59 AM

They are awesome! Wish the tip has the same profile as the ash

Re: ASH 2 - 01/07/16 01:49 PM

I had thought about that as well, but it is still an awesome blade! Alas, still no love from Wauseon. grin

Re: ASH 2 - 01/13/16 10:16 AM

I was supremely excited when I saw people getting shipping notices for my same configuration- Black canvas, Tanker blade- but alas I'm still in the lurch. Looking forward to it!

Re: ASH 2 - 01/13/16 04:45 PM

Yep', still waiting. whistle
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums