Scrap Yard Knife Company

LMIW IS BACK!

Posted By: SkunkHunter

LMIW IS BACK! - 05/23/16 10:00 PM

I did not know this until I saw a reference to it on fb.

Yes Dawgs, the home of the "Footlong", the "Johnson" and the "J. W. Holmes" is back in business!

here is the company website.
https://lostmountainironworks.us/
Posted By: gun dog

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 05/24/16 01:49 AM

Sweet! I need a few!
Posted By: Rasmus

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 05/24/16 08:02 AM

Yeah, I want a couple as well!
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 05/24/16 07:10 PM

I was glad to hear of this from a post at the Busse B/F site; they make a great sheath and their prices are a LOT less than what they were selling for on the exchange! wink I met
Charlie and his wife at Blade 08' (I think it was), and they seemed like really nice folks.
Posted By: Endeavour Morse

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 05/25/16 07:19 PM

I'd like to have a couple of their sheaths, but after the last debacle (how long did you wait for your sheath)....I'm not sure I want to be the idiot that bites twice.

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 05/25/16 07:27 PM

I didn't wait very long. grin The sheaths are definitely worth it! wink

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 05/26/16 02:21 AM

I eventually canceled my order because I waited so long. The sheaths I've seen are very nice.

The growing wait times for certain products (which are also priced very high) has become a turn off for me. Lots of good products are readily available (and usually priced lower).

It is hard to find a 12" Kydex / nylon hybrid.

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 05/26/16 02:33 AM

I wonder what his current lead times are

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 05/26/16 03:50 AM

Send him an e-mail and ask! wink

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 05/26/16 05:37 AM

It seems like they too have been ramping up for Blade. BUT the latest post was from I THINK 20 May, so there is hope! I wouldn't mind a Johnson. FAMILY FORUM GUYS! wink

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 05/26/16 06:42 PM

Make mine a foot long...wouldn't want it to be such a tight fit.

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 05/27/16 12:10 PM

You two are making me blush. blush
Posted By: banana-clip

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 06/07/19 01:20 AM

I know this thread is 3 years old but has anyone ordered from them since they started back up?

I was lucky enough to get in their original batch but really liked their sheaths. I always thought about getting another one.

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 06/07/19 03:30 AM

bc, I'm not sure that they are even still in business. All the "Posts" on their website seem old.

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 06/07/19 07:13 PM

I don’t think they are open anymore either because all the posts on their site are from 2016. I emailed them also but haven’t heard back from them. That sucks because their sheaths were top-notch. I think when they came back in business they made stuff in batches and sold them. I paid $50 for their original run foot long but after they came back in business they were over $100, oh well at least I got one.

I still have a black sheath for my DF that scrapyard used to sell they were great sheaths for the money. I wish SYKCO still sold those sheaths.

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 06/18/19 02:08 PM

Awesome!

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 06/18/19 08:08 PM

I managed to snag one as well B/C; they are a great sheath! wink

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 06/18/19 09:34 PM

Yes, they are nice sheaths. I wish I would have got 1 more for the price, a camo one.

I sent them an email last week but didn't get any replies. They must be out of business, but their website is still up.

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 06/19/19 01:52 AM

I would certainly like to see them return! wink

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 06/19/19 10:27 PM

They did come back for a while a few years ago, changed their entire business model. It looks like they went under again.

Re: LMIW IS BACK! - 06/20/19 01:21 AM

Sad to hear that. frown
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums