Scrap Yard Knife Company

Where is my

Posted By: JarheadJournalist

Where is my - 05/20/20 04:21 AM

Freaking bayonet!

I got hooked on Scrapyard blades when I bought and modified a Bowie to be a bayonet.

I'm still waiting on the official one.

P.S. miss you guys
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: Where is my - 05/20/20 04:42 AM

Warren, real glad to see you here again! I hope you and yours are all doing well during this crazy time. smile
Posted By: SkunkHunter

Re: Where is my - 05/20/20 05:09 AM

JJ, how goes it Brother. Still got that crappy old Dog Father someone pawned off on you?

Re: Where is my - 05/20/20 05:10 AM

I've got a nice 911 and brown Kydex sheath some Jarhead bought for me. grin

Names War an something or other. He married some cute girl and then just fell off the radar.

Re: Where is my - 05/20/20 04:01 PM

Maybe he's still on his Honeymoon. wink

Re: Where is my - 05/20/20 05:36 PM

Haha, probably not after all these years, but the Lord does work in mysterious ways. smile
Posted By: DogTired

Re: Where is my - 05/21/20 05:00 AM

Great to see you again JJ!

Re: Where is my - 05/24/20 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
Haha, probably not after all these years, but the Lord does work in mysterious ways. smile

Randy, I don't know what YOUR problem is, but the General and I are still on our Honeymoon! wink
Posted By: Dumpster Dan

Re: Where is my - 05/24/20 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by JarheadJournalist
Freaking bayonet!

I got hooked on Scrapyard blades when I bought and modified a Bowie to be a bayonet.

I'm still waiting on the official one.

P.S. miss you guys

Have you attached the bayonet to anything

Good to see ya

Dan
Posted By: tedwca

Re: Where is my - 05/24/20 05:51 PM

Good to see you back in the Yard
Posted By: coyotebc

Re: Where is my - 05/24/20 10:24 PM

Funny I just mentioned you to a marine buddy last week
I hope you have been doing well

Re: Where is my - 05/25/20 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Private Klink
Originally Posted by SkunkHunter

Randy, I don't know what YOUR problem is, but the General and I are still on our Honeymoon! wink

I always heard that Marines were slow. That's why they joined the Marines. grin wink

Re: Where is my - 05/25/20 01:34 PM

No, they just go after what they want and appreciate the rewards. The Chair Force is so pampered and spoiled they just whine until they get what they want.:)

Re: Where is my - 05/25/20 02:23 PM

Different ways of attaining the same goal! Besides, it's safer. grin wink

Re: Where is my - 05/25/20 02:45 PM

I have a bayonet. It was a gift from a younger Marine. It is in my "Knife Drawer" It DOES fit on my "15" but the flash hider ring is kinda floppy, but that's OK.
Posted By: Ray Settanta

Re: Where is my - 05/25/20 04:25 PM

I still remember the first time I used an M16 for bayonet drill. I laughed because the rifle was so short. I have a M7 for my Mossberg 590. I also have the long bayonet for the M1 Garand. Now that’s a proper bayonet fighting weapon.

Re: Where is my - 05/25/20 07:30 PM

I have always though that the 16" Garand bayonet was the better choice for fighting the Japanese with their longer Arisaka bayonet.

Re: Where is my - 05/25/20 08:46 PM

I have My Grand Dad's WWII bayonet he was issued. It is I am sure the 16 inch one you are talking about. He was in the Guard I think he said as he was in his 40's when the war broke out (he was born in 1896) and was to old or had a medical condition, can't remember. I should check and see it if will fit on my 15!

Re: Where is my - 05/25/20 10:05 PM

Well, it won't fit. The ring is to small, even if I took off the flash hider. BUT I did find (OK remembered after I checked) about it. It has S A above a flaming cannon ball and under the ball is the year 1913. On the other side I THINK the serial number is 55 something or other, putting it in the 55000 range. SO, in 1913, with WWI starting in 1914, Grandpa would have been 18 so I guess it was WWI and NOT WWII for him. In WWII, so in 1941 Grandpa would have been 45. Yeah, it had to have been WWI.

Re: Where is my - 05/26/20 08:09 AM

I have a Japanese rifle..model 77?... Nambu pistol, and bayonet for the rifle that my Dad brought home from the South Pacific in WW II. The rifle has a monopod and an aircraft sight on it.

Re: Where is my - 05/26/20 02:22 PM

Pretty neat Tom.

Re: Where is my - 05/26/20 04:08 PM

I have a sporterized Arisaka rifle with the Chrysanthemum that was rebarreled with a Johnston Automatics barrel in .243. The Johnson Company was located in New England. Tom, do you remember the Johnson rifle that was a competitor to the Garand? Some were issued to the Marines in the Pacific in the early days of WWII and they liked them.

Re: Where is my - 05/26/20 07:51 PM

Sorry Ray, I don't remember the Johnston rifle.

Re: Where is my - 05/26/20 08:43 PM

I didn’t mean that you had personal experience with the Johnson Rifle because it was used in WWII. Randy would say something like that. I thought that there might have been some Marines around who may have mentioned it.

Re: Where is my - 05/26/20 10:57 PM

I would not, Tom is WAY to young for WW II. Now the Korean war... grin

Re: Where is my - 05/26/20 10:59 PM

Oh sorry, POLICE action. As we all know it wasn't a war. Yeah right, you could have asked my dad about that. HE FOUGHT in Korea, above the 38th. He was literally eyeball to eyeball to NK troops on several occasions.

Re: Where is my - 05/27/20 06:05 AM

Ray, we have to make allowances for Randy........he's "special". LOL smile
Posted By: RN

Re: Where is my - 05/27/20 12:03 PM

Welcome back JJ. You retire yet marine?

Re: Where is my - 05/27/20 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Private Klink
Ray, we have to make allowances for Randy........he's "special". LOL smile

I HAVE been told I am one of Jerry's kids for a L O N G time. grin