Scrap Yard Knife Company

Thank You Dawgs

Posted By: SkunkHunter

Thank You Dawgs - 06/29/21 12:16 PM

Got a call from the Nursing Home, and They don’t think Mom will make it through the day. She has COPD, heart problems with a pacemaker, suffers from Afib, has only one kidney and now has the Delta variant COVID. I’ve even psyching myself up for this for several days, but it is still hitting me like I’ve been kicked by the legendary Missouri Mule.

Just wanted to let my friends, perfect strangers yet Brothers, know I have and do appreciate all your past and future prayers/well wishes.

We have been “called in” before and she has pulled through. She might well again, she is a tough old bird. But this time I think she’s tired.

Thank you Dogs, and especially Dan. For it was his vision of how/what he wanted this site to be. His desire to bring together strangers with a desire, a love for fine steel that ordinary working stiffs can afford. He will not tolerate Ill will nor bad language making it a place where the whole family can read without fearing for young ears. Thank you Dan, Long Live The Brotherhood Of The Yard.

Randy
Posted By: MonkeyBomb

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/29/21 01:14 PM

Prayers out for your Mom, You and your family.

It's rough and one of my best friends just went through nearly the same thing with her Mom who was also a friend of ours.

I wish I could give you some great advice that would make things better. But I can't. I can offer my friendship and an ear to listen if you need it.

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/29/21 01:32 PM

Thanks MB. It’s the kind words and thoughts that count. Sometimes nothing more is required than just being willing to listen.

Maybe for once I’ve said something worthwhile. smile
Posted By: RN

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/29/21 03:26 PM

Oh Randy, so sorry. I saw your post when you said she had tested positive for covid but hoped the vaccination would help pull her through. Best to you and yours.

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/29/21 03:30 PM

Thank you Rich. I just got off the phone with them and they said no change (which is good) and that Mom was fighting it. But as we all know because of one situation or another, being in limbo kinda stinks.
Posted By: Ray Settanta

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/29/21 06:02 PM

Prayers sent for your Mom and her family. I hope she gets through this and you have my support.

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/29/21 06:57 PM

Thank you Ray.
Posted By: David Brown

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/29/21 09:05 PM

Prayers sent your way for your mother and your family and you my friend.

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/29/21 11:24 PM

Thanks David.
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 01:41 AM

Continued best wishes Randy, and hope that she can remain tough.
Posted By: rth548

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 09:12 AM

Prayers sent Randy.

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 12:26 PM

Thanks Todd. I know this sounds callous, but once you accept the fact it might well be “any time now” this constant up and down is almost as stressful.

They are saying her overall response (?) has gotten worse. They gave her meds 4 times last night, which they haven’t done before. HOPEFULLY we’ll be able to do a FaceTime with her later on today.
Posted By: Twoody88

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 01:13 PM

Good luck Skunk, hope you have a great face time today

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 03:07 PM

Thanks Twoody. Dodn’t do FaceTime. She is in a full face mask on 100% Oxy. Can’t talk through the mask and she is still kinda partly out of it. Her O2 is running 78-80% but her eyes did show signs of recognizing my voice the nurse said. So she is still aware of things, at least somewhat, so there’s that.

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 06:18 PM

Dogs, got the call. Mom passed at 12:41 pm Wednesday June 30 2021 aged 89 years 6 months. Her Birthday would have been Christmas Eve, Dec 24th.
Posted By: RN

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 06:22 PM

Rest in peace...

I'm sorry Randy. Warmest regards to you and your family.

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 08:35 PM

Thank you again Rich.
Posted By: MonkeyBomb

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 08:41 PM

I'm sorry Randy.

You and your family are in my prayers.
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 10:14 PM

Our sincere condolences Randy.
Posted By: rth548

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 10:15 PM

I’m so sorry Randy. You and your family are in our prayers.
Posted By: Twoody88

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 10:52 PM

Very sorry to hear, All the best from up here.

Re: Thank You Dawgs - 06/30/21 11:23 PM

Thank you MB, Tom and Todd
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums