Scrap Yard Knife Company

How about a folder?

Posted By: Kirk

How about a folder? - 03/07/07 02:31 AM

How about building us a folder. I can't carry a concealed fixed blade in NC. Keeping waiting for a Busse folder.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Private Klink - 03/07/07 02:38 AM

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 02:40 AM

Can't hurt to ask.

Post deleted by Private Klink - 03/07/07 02:42 AM

Posted By: Jerrwhy

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 02:45 AM

Welcome Kirk!
Posted By: Jerrwhy

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 02:48 AM

Now, about that folder. Personally I think it wouldn't be in Scrapyard's best interest to produce a folder. There are so many companies that make quality folders that the competition would be stiff. Scrapyard make a great fixed bladed user friendly knife, and they do it well. Why mess with a good thing.

For what it's worth

Jerry

Post deleted by Private Klink - 03/07/07 02:52 AM

Posted By: Prince of Peace

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 02:57 AM

Welcome Kirk!!!
I missed out on the Rat Trap folder, and it bothers me. If Scrap Yard ever did offer one, I assure you I would buy two . One for EDC and the other to sit on my shelves and be looked at.
A nice logo on that folder would really set it off as well. ...."dreaming"......

Sweet dream!

Peace.
Posted By: diceman

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 03:03 AM

I'd like to see one - but not just for the sake of having a SY folder - I'd want it to be tough as nails and made BY Scrapyard. Ontario Rat makes a good production fixed blade - and then they come out w/ a folder made in Taiwan, which doesn't look to be very substantial. I'd hate to see something like that. I'll have to look at the Rat Trap as I've never seen one before though!

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 03:05 AM

Rat Trap looks OK - but I'd like to see something that was 3/16th and a little more rugged looking...
Posted By: james_bond

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 03:18 AM

Rat Trap looks OK - but I'd like to see something that was 3/16th and a little more rugged looking...

This is the only folder I could find that was 3/13 thick,

second from the bottom:

http://www.jaysknives.com/customknives_4.htm

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 03:23 AM

Buck Strider is 3/16th
Posted By: Magnum22

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 03:43 AM

unless the ats34 buck striders are thicker, they're 4mm, which is .145", not .187". also coming in at 4mm are the paradigmatic tanks from spyderco, the manix and the military. chinook too. still, delica and endura are only 2.5mm and they're pretty tough to improve on. the alox swiss army knives have thicker blades as well. all pretty tough to beat in the value performance market that scrapyard competes in. personally i feel it's tough to beat those knives at any price.

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 04:37 AM

I want a quality folder that is a user that I can also take down myself and clean. Something along the lines of a Sebenza or Strider.

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 07:13 AM

Mag - you'd know better since you have one - I just did a quick google search and came up w/ 3/16 somewhere. Anyways, not that I don't like Spyderco (I really don't think they're that great though) - but I'd hate to see Scrapyard make a really thin blade - kind of goes against the rest of their products I think. I'm sure that I'd get one either way, but I'd like to see 3/16 and substantial looking.
Posted By: Magnum22

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 07:46 AM

I want a quality folder that is a user that I can also take down myself and clean. Something along the lines of a Sebenza or Strider.

i'm assuming you also want it to cost less than those. the buck 889 is a beast at a good price, made in the USA. kershaw storm is a poor man's sebenza, in my eyes at least. smooth action, solid lockup, a flipper, and good steel. made in the USA and disassembles very easily.

Diceman, if your concept of scrapyard is about toughness, then yeah, the thin blade doesn't mix with the rest of the line. if it's about performance, then it does. it's really all in perspective, we're all here for our own reasons.

Re: How about a folder? - 03/07/07 09:02 AM

Yeah, I'm kind of a wishy washy speculative indecisive guy... I do really like my Ontario RAT3 and its pretty thin. I recant on almost every statement made previously. But a monster folder would be sweet.
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums