Scrap Yard Knife Company

Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892

Posted By: tedsterosa

Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 09/17/13 03:40 PM

So all, I am in Bolivia right now for my internship. I happened to go by an antique store last night and saw a couple winchesters in there. Both 1892, one 44 wcf the other 32 wcf. They had others, but these 2 were the best condition.

I am wondering what the price would be on these. i have the serial number and winchester documents put it between 1914 and 1915. Does anyone have a gun bluebook or have any idea what this would be worth? I want to get a good deal down here if possible, but it seems they are priced way too much at $850.

Saludos,
Ted
Posted By: VANCE

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 09/17/13 04:54 PM

that seems very fair...depending on condition of course

google gunsinternational or gunbroker & have a look around @ the prices
Posted By: monsterdog

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 09/17/13 05:19 PM

Be careful this doesn't fall under the new executive order which bans re-importation of US Military weapons..
Posted By: RN

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 09/17/13 09:22 PM

Whatcha doing there?

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 09/18/13 12:05 AM

I am doing my public health internship. I have to have 400 hours of international work and since I speak spanish I chose Bolivia (as opposed to Ethiopia or Cambodia). Thanks for the information. I will check out those sites.

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 09/19/13 12:09 AM

Sorry to derail..I luv Latin America...

My wife is finishing her MPH thesis and considering going international.
Posted By: DogTired

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 09/19/13 11:53 AM

Sounds like a decent price--especially if they are still in good shootable condition. Negotiate the price though. Are you planning to buy both? Ask for something like 600 for each or lower. You still need to ship home and that will cost you. Some places/cultures/stores are more apt to negotiate prices than others.
Posted By: DogTired

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 09/19/13 11:54 AM

At the very least, it can't hurt to ask grin
Posted By: sf45acp

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 09/20/13 03:01 PM

I'm kind of thinking, this could open a can of worms for you on trying to get them back into the country. When working in Russia we had to fill out copious amounts of paper work just to bring back a .22 cal. or shotgun. With the new x-order that obummer passed, you may be in for an interesting time. Please let us know how things go.
Posted By: Claudiasboris

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 09/21/13 07:41 PM

Can't help with any of the issues raised but I just Googled the 1892. Wow! I can see why you'd want to buy them. I hope it works out for you!
Posted By: Psyop

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 09/24/13 01:39 AM

As far as the USA is concerned if its 1899 or older it isnt a firearm you can check the build date by serial number

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 10/02/13 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by RN
Sorry to derail..I luv Latin America...

My wife is finishing her MPH thesis and considering going international.

I missed this somehow earlier. What is her emphasis? I am global health, hence the international work. It's fun and I can't complain about Bolivia yet. Food is good, people are friendly for the most part. and did I say the food is good?

I haven't had a chance to go back into the store, but I am thinking about emailing the ATF to get the details. I don't want any problems in customs and I'm starting to think it will be too much of a headache. we'll see how it goes.

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 10/02/13 11:29 PM

South Americans and latinos in general are great folk...social, fun, friendly...family focused...

Her program doesn't seem to have a lot of specialization, but she's Colombian, has another masters in international studies, has done human rights work and loads of stuff with violence against woman, program development and management. Plus, she has a big ol brain! smile She might apply for a fellowship with CDC, USAID or State Dept...seems like she has an itch to travel and do something new. On your topic thread- I want to be able to bring my firearms in that case! One of my better hobbies right now!
Posted By: coyotebc

Re: Greetings from Bolivia! Winchester 1892 - 12/26/13 07:12 PM

What did you decide to do
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums