Scrap Yard Knife Company

SURVIVAL HANDBOOK

Posted By: skorpyd

SURVIVAL HANDBOOK - 05/15/11 11:24 PM

I was at Sam's Club today picking up my vittles and such and stopped at the discount book table as I like to do from time to time. I was just turning away and a book caught my eye. In big large letters it was titled SURVIVAL HANDBOOK in smaller letters, essential skills for outdoor adventure. It's from DK Books. I liked it right off as it had lots of drawings and was in a very easy to stay interested format, using a lot of tips in side windows instead of just a lot of text.

Chapters: Before You Go, On The Trail, Camp Craft, Taking Shelter, Water And Food, In An Emergency, First Aid, Wild Food, Natural Dangers.

Author, Colin Towel, A British SAS survival instructor among many other credits.

I have a few other of these type of books and I really like this one on first impression. It was only $12.68 and on the DK Books website they were showing a hardcover version for $30.00 This one is a soft cover. I think most anyone that is interested in survival and outdoors would enjoy this one.
Posted By: coyotebc

Re: SURVIVAL HANDBOOK - 05/15/11 11:47 PM

I am pretty sure I have the e-book version, will have to check later
Posted By: Johnny Mack

Re: SURVIVAL HANDBOOK - 05/16/11 12:09 AM

Thanks for the info. Next time I get to Sam's I'll check it out.
Posted By: banana-clip

Re: SURVIVAL HANDBOOK - 05/16/11 07:26 AM

Sounds like a useful book, will have to check it out.
Posted By: sumoj275

Re: SURVIVAL HANDBOOK - 05/16/11 07:30 AM

Interesting. Need to see if the wife renewed our Sam's membership.
Posted By: Evil Spock

Re: SURVIVAL HANDBOOK - 05/16/11 08:09 AM

skorpyd,

Nice score. I bought the hardcover version from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Survival-Handbook-...8397&sr=8-5

I'm no survival book expert, but like you, I think it is quite nice as it is chock full of good illustrations.
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums