Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!

#1054756 - 09/22/18 10:32 PM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
gun dog Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Southern Ohio
Wow seems I missed A LOT. Definitely the changes I saw influenced my purchases. The quality control shocked me on my dogman and they replaced the defective blade but it definitely made me lose heart some. Iíve got very little interest in some of the rehashed models Iíve seen released. Some of the older if it was a straight up re release like some of the ASH1 and NMSFNO type blades but all the CMC fluting and odd cuts just donít do it for me as a simple heavy use blade for the woods. Also watching the secondary market tank on a lot of models from the constant re release hurt too.
Any day I'm above the grass and I'm not a zombie is a good day! JYD#138

#1054768 - Yesterday at 09:22 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
Private Klink Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: S.W. Missouri
I suppose the CBT reduces the weight a little, and I absolutely LOVE my Forsaken Mistress with the long and sharp clip-point blade! wink
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054769 - Yesterday at 09:37 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
gun dog Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Southern Ohio
Yeah they do help with weight. I just donít need a blade that bug with a clip point.
I wonder how some of the new blade would stand up to the old school destructive testing guys used to do when I first found Busse and kin over 7 years ago.
Any day I'm above the grass and I'm not a zombie is a good day! JYD#138

#1054779 - Today at 12:22 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
Junk Yard Dog

It WOULD be interesting to see Jerry test some of the newer blades. wink
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1054781 - Today at 08:26 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: SkunkHunter]
DogTired Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Looking through your stuff
Originally Posted By: SkunkHunter
Alright you guys, Gang up on the old guy. you just wait until you can't remember if you used that piece of toilet paper already or not.

The correct answer is always: Fold in half and use it again. If it's been folded, let it go...I mean it's what? $0.005 worth of stuff you rub on your butt anyway, right? grin
JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington

#1054782 - Today at 08:54 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
Junk Yard Dog

If I'd had the money, I'd have bought a few for the kids. I've got what I need and then a couple more to boot smile

- 4 1111s or Dogfathers
- 4 Chopweillers (one of the BEST medium choppers I've ever used)
- 3 more RMDs (best 5" blade; my oldest has one (thanks to the amazing generosity of one of the members here) so only 3 left that I need)
- 4 411s--the best 4" blade around!
- 3 Game Wardens (or similar ; again, one generaously gifted to the cause by a great man here).

Well, I take it back, there are a few others I wish I had--ones I had to sell off at various points or (woefully lost). I can't see paying the prices demanded for them now, especially since I haven't been allowed to travel much over the past few years, limiting my per diem (I ate a lot of really cheap street food and stayed in a lot of really questionable hotels to be able to afford my blades).

- The Bushwhacker Mistress. Had 3 or 4, sold them all for various reasons...mostly surrounding getting needed items for my kids.

- The Bullpup Regulator. Again, had two sold two. Not my finest decision.

- SOD. I DO miss that blade. I had a matching Tan one to go with my Dogfather.

- The War Dog. Sadly, I lost this out hunting (on my birthday no less) several years ago. Got stripped out of the kydex sheath as I was walking through the waist-high brush. Though I lost it, I had one of the most memorable days with my kids as we went out to scour the field looking for it. We all got caught out in a massive downpour. The kids were younger then (oldest shipped off to college last week), and LOVED running around in the fields , giggling, laughing, chasing each other, and looking up into the heavens and opening their mouths to catch a few drops. I suppose that experience WAS worth the cost of my War Dog.

- A second 411 and RMD... those are two classic blades IMO, and I would hate to see anything happen to them and me never have the chance to use them again. They are my go-to deer blades (the RMD travels in my rifle hunting pack, the 411 in my archery pack.

Below those, some that have SOME practical use, but really just fit a " I've always just liked them" want. Prices are outta my league.

- Rat Mastiff. If ever it was made, a Chop Mastiff grin

- DSSF. I always promised myself "I'll keep the next one." I never did. Now I'm broke. smile

- And IF I had just money to throw around, I'd love to pick up:
* a Rucki (I think that was the Swamp's short sword)
* ASH of some flavor
* a Killa Zilla.
Those are more cool/nice to have than "I really really really want them"
JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

- George Washington

#1054783 - Today at 08:56 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
Junk Yard Dog

But mostly, I just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone! Glad to see a few of us are still kicking!

I'll try to stop by later, but today is my littlest girl's B-day and I'm on tap to make chicken friend venison steak. Anything like that anymore takes a lot out of me. We'll see how I feel grin
JYD #126
Super JYD #13

- Benjamin Franklin

- George Washington

#1054784 - Today at 10:16 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
Junk Yard Dog

Josh, great to hear from you again!!! grin I hope that you are feeling better and enjoy your daughter's birthday. They go by WAY to fast!
Junk Yard Dog #1

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12