Vex in hand...my first thoughts...

POSITIVE ATTRIBUTES

1) The overall size is very nice.
2) The 4.0" of cutting edge is about what I'd want in a knife of this type.
3) It feels surprising nice in the hand.
4) FFG - this is my favorite profile.

NEUTRAL ATTRIBUTES

1) The handle is just a little small. Its right on the cusp of being too small.
2) If sex-appeal is important to you - this isn't the right knife for you unless you think Uma Thurman is hot (insert puking icon here)

NEGATIVE ATTRIBUTES

1) Its too heavy. Its not a tank, but its not as nimble as it could be due to the weight.
2) The blade is too thick. This could be 20% thinner. The weight issue is a result of the blade thickness.
3) I could see cutting myself if my hands are wet (blood, sweat, rain) because you have to use the choil to fully grasp this one.

FINAL ANALYSIS

The Vex is step in the right direction. We have plenty of choppers, fighters, and hard use survival options. The Vex compares favorably to the ESEE 4. Ironically, I was nearly ready to give up my "Busse only" rule and order a couple of ESEE 4's when I ordered the Vex.

The Vex isn't perfect, but its a nice knife. I've not tested it yet, but I'm pretty sure it will not unseat the Leaner Meaner as my favorite "small" non-skelly. I think its a great "lower cost" alternative to the LM.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.