Even though it had stopped raining today it had been raining all night so typical for this time of the year everything was soaked in the woods.
The PNW is well known for being a tough place to get fire going, however, we are fortunate to have some great Tinder aids to help with such conditions !

I firstly scraped up some Cedar bark to get some fine dry tinder to catch my spark, I then added some resin from a nearby Douglas Fir this will prolong the flame.

[Linked Image from i910.photobucket.com]

Once the resin catches that's all she wrote, even a heavy down pour won't put this stuff out in a hurry !

My knife of the day was my little Swamp Warden, I'm not a hunter but did recently skin and gut a large rabbit using this knife and it performed awesomely. Yeah I know you are thinking that you don't even really need a knife at all for a fresh rabbit but some clown had left me this rabbit in a fridge over night.....quite a different beast !

No rabbits today but did use it for sausage duty !;)

No doubt a Scrapivore would probably make an even better skinner.......[censored] that's another to add to my ever growing bucket list.....Elmax knife, 311, Scrapivore !