As much as I love looking at the scenery, wildlife is probably my greatest love and this trip didn't disappoint !

This Marmot was my wife's favorite pic ( yeah she took it ), it was sat near a board walked section at the top of the Banff gondola area !

[Linked Image from i910.photobucket.com]

Chipmunk -

Elk -

Grizz !

We also saw Black Bears, Mountain Goats and a Coyote but weren't quick enough to get pics frown

A little factoid that I found interesting regarding the Black Bears population:

Current Status

Today, black bears still exist in about 60% of their historical range. They can be found in most non-urban areas of British Columbia and throughout Alberta with the exception of the southeast corner of the province. Black bears evolved in forest ecosystems; as a result, their current distribution is largely influenced by the amount of undisturbed forest cover available to them. A very general population estimate suggests there may be up to 600,000 black bears in North America and more than 380,000 in Canada. Due to their relatively robust numbers, black bears are not a Species at Risk in Canada.
Within the four contiguous Rocky Mountain national parks, population estimates are:
•Banff National Park: 20-40
•Jasper National Park: 90
•Yoho National Park: 20-50
•Kootenay National Park: 30-50

The Vancouver Island black bear is distributed throughout the entire island, with higher concentrations in the uninhabited low-lying forests. Famous hotspots for bear sightings include Cape Scott Park, Sooke, Pacific Rim National Park, and Gold River. The bear’s population on the island is likely around 7,000 (though estimates of up to 12,000 can be found), and is considered one of the densest in the world.