Originally Posted by greaser
Try this one Arch.
[Linked Image from picturearchive.gunauction.com]

Yep Rossi I am not high class enough for a S&W. LOL

Its funny you bring a Rossi into the mix....

Back during my days at university, I had a very good friend (still friends albeit the geographic distance between us keeps the visits to a minimum) who I turned onto firearms. He quickly grew a single 16ga Remington 870 into a small and rather motley collection of guns.

My friend had a policy of not selling a gun for any reason. To my knowledge, he's only parted ways with two or three guns since I started him down the path about 24 years ago.

Anyway, I get a call one day because he wants to trade his AMT 380 DAO for "something more powerful". I had a Rossi 357M I was using a "glove box gun". It rode around in my truck for a while but I was ready for something different.

We met and traded even IIRC.

About a month later he called to say he finally shot the Rossi and the hammer broke. I found this hilarious because the AMT would FTE.

He had a gunsmith replace the hammer.
I replaced the AMT's extractor.

He called a month later to tell me the trigger broke when he took it out to test fire after getting it back from his smith.

The AMT still wouldn't cycle.

He had his gunsmith replace the trigger.
I had a gunsmith "tune" the AMT's extractor.

He called two weeks later to say the crane broke in the Rossi.
I told him we could trade back because the AMT was seized up and wouldn't fire at all.

He had his smith replace the crane.
I had my smith "fluff and buff" the entire action.

He traded the Rossi for a Marlin Papoose.
I sold the AMT to a dealer for parts, and used the money to partially fund the purchase of a Kimber Gold Combat.

He could never get his Marlin Papoose to work correctly.
My Kimber rounded the slide stop notch out on the slide within 500 rounds. It had to go back to Kimber for a new slide.

I'm convinced Rossi owners are cursed.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.