Hooker,
The Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 SPR FireDot is a bargain when found for $350 or so. It has a very useable reticle and clear glass (for an optic in this price range). The BDC turrets are great too.

1.5x isn't great for CQB.

The optic is very lightweight. This concerned me, and I read several credible sources state this particular optic would be a good choice for a 22LR AR trainer if you have a MR/T on your "real" AR. This means it's too lightly built for serious use.

I've tried several optics for this category: TR21; TR24; CQ/T; Mark AR; USO SN4; others. Each had positive and negative attributes. I'm at a point where I'm questioning a low power variable's purpose. I recently sold my ACOG TA11 with RMR. This was NOT the solution, but I think it was closer. I'm starting to wonder if a 4x ACOG and 45d Aimpoint T-1. This is quicker than a flip to side magnifier, and faster than a variable.

Glad you're finding the threads helpful! smile

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.