I don't know what the fuss has been with this whole thing. I respect Vic's testing of knives and his very honest approach to them. I believe Vic is knowledgeable about knives and their proper use so when he reported that he broke the blade AND gave his honest opinion on why it happened, I was satisfied.
I bought an original DM because I wanted a modestly priced (darn near stole it) blade that was nearly indistructable. The DM is just that, I got a YKCG because I wanted something more in keeping with a bushcraft type knife, which it is.
The yard then went further and made a couple of knife designs which are more "practicle" in use made from the materials that many on this site requested. I expect a high performance to price ratio from my yard knives and they do live up to it.
I for one am happy that they are moving towards a more varied line, that will include knives to fit various niches. For me it would be sad if they decided to pigeon hole themselves into simply "the indistructible knife company".

Dan has my full support on this issue and I don't see any reason to doubt either the yard or it's products

The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102