It's best that in survival you won't be wasting energy chopping down trees and splitting them. Rather cutting small dead saplings and gathering thin branches for fires, shelters, etc.

In this case, I would go with a Full Height. Better cutting ability, as everyone here has stated, and you can still baton with it. The RTAK being a thin full height flat grind knife is ideal. However, it's not the toughest be all survival tool. So a DFLE would fit the bill the best. Maybe as SOD LE, but hey the DFLE is pretty darn light.

I carry a 3/4 ground Ratweiler because I also have a saw that can quickly cut down large diameter fallen trees. Hence, a little quicker in batoning might save me a bit of energy. Usually one to two hits on a log about 1-2.5 ft long with a 4-5 inch diameter.

It actually can make a difference on the grind of the knife. With a full height flat, almost the entire width of the blade is in contact with the wood. You will actually get increased friction and it actually is harder to baton. With a lower grind, less of the blade in contact with the split of the wood. Hence less friction. Also the higher angle of the secondary bevel pushes the wood farther apart in a shorter stroke.

Think of cutting jelly with a sabre ground knife and a full height flat.

Wait, that just contradicted what I said... oh well... I guess it all depends on user preference. See which you one suits you the best. We really can't tell how your gonna feel batoning with a full height and sabre ground knife.

JYD #54 "Put your hands high, let your arms be the pillars that be holding up the sky..."