Glad the course went well. Unsub posted some unusual items in another thread that included lockpicks and slim jims. It made me think about an upcoming potential survival situation.

What if you are stranded in a city? Chemical, nuclear, bio attack has shut down all of the major routes in and out and contaminated the water. Most of our kits focus on firestarting and shelters. Shelter may or may not be an issue, but concrete does not burn so well. I suspect you may have to deal with many hositles was well if you had anything of value.

All BOB and survial kits I have seen are focused on what we would do in the wilderness after fleeing the city. What if we can't leave or are sent in to rescue and are then stranded?

i do think about stuff like that. which is why i'm chomping at the bit for I am Legend.

cumbustibles would not be an issue, concrete doesn't burn but everything else does. in an urban scenario my biggest concern would be a weapon. Until my wife changes her mind i'm stuck with my zombie knives. I try to keep a running list of places in my head that in a worst case i could acquire a firearm from. These would include sporting good stores, pawn shops, police stations, national guard armories, cops houses, etc.

Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a Government Agency. JYD.45