Scrap Yard Knife Company

Buying Back Knives You Have Had?

Posted By: messer454

Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/13/13 02:32 AM

Does anyone else have the same agreemnet I have? I promised my wife when we got married that I wouldn't take money out of the checkbook or charge for my guns and knives. I am proud that I have always kept that promise. Unfortunately when I want something new I have to sell some stuff. Unfortunately I have sold some stuff I wish I hadn't. With the gun world being crazy I have sold some stuff and made good money. Now I have money burning a hole in my pocket and am finding it very hard to wait for BLADE. I even tried buying some other knives by BHK. They were real nice but not what I was looking for.

So I got to looking at old pictures and wished I had some of my old knives back that I stupidly sold. Like my Mud Puppy #41. I had to buy 41 of those to get #41 and sold it in a moment of weekness!

Has anyone ever tried to hunt down knives they have sold and rebought them?
Posted By: DogTired

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/13/13 02:37 AM

Not the same exact blade, but yeah, I've gotten a few models back I've had to sell...wishin' I hadn't needed to get rid of my BWM...but there's no money for another wink
Posted By: rth548

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/13/13 04:20 AM

I haven't gotten rid of many, but I don't miss them. I sold them because I didn't use them.

I try to be practical, unless it's a special edition or something. Those I put up.

But I don't have many safe queens either.
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/13/13 06:28 AM

No, unless I have proxied for someone I keep the knives I bought.
Posted By: Ray Settanta

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/13/13 02:53 PM

I sold some items a long time ago and regretted it. Kept everything since then.
Posted By: luck

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/13/13 04:03 PM

Not a knife, but "72 Mach 1.

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/13/13 07:27 PM

I once sold my old 64 Caddy; I had bought it cheap after an accident. It was still a fine old car when I sold it. smile

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/13/13 09:15 PM

Guess I am the only one with this problem.
Posted By: RN

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/13/13 10:03 PM

I've been close a couple of times. Selling my Gen 2 HR hurt and I almost bought it back. If it pops up again I probably will. And a couple months ago someone was selling a bandicoot I used to have and that was a close one too!

I have sold knives and bought the same design...the Battle Rat and Spyderco Enduras come to mind.
Posted By: VoxHog

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/13/13 11:03 PM

I have sold and then re-bought the identical, or very close to it, knife several times. I'm fickle when it comes to my collection and when my tastes change so does my collection. When my tastes circle back around, and they usually do, I find myself re-buying the knife I sold. If I was willing to have a HUGE collection I would never have to re-buy.

You are not the only one. smile
Posted By: gun dog

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/14/13 12:59 AM

After all the sad stories about guys selling then wanting back I really want to try hard not to sell any
Posted By: sf45acp

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/14/13 01:22 AM

Screwed up
Posted By: sf45acp

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/14/13 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by DogTired
Not the same exact blade, but yeah, I've gotten a few models back I've had to sell...wishin' I hadn't needed to get rid of my BWM...but there's no money for another wink

I have this friend that has a problem and he is trying to get me to buy some cool things that he is off loading but the problem is he knows that I'm trying to sell things to raise money for gun optics and new releases that our coming out soon. Dear Scrap Yard what should I do?
Posted By: Psyop

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/14/13 02:47 AM

Make more money? Um yeah that can be hard......Hmmmmmm sell your wifes stuff?
Posted By: DogTired

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/14/13 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by sf45acp
Originally Posted by DogTired

I have this friend that has a problem and he is trying to get me to buy some cool things that he is off loading but the problem is he knows that I'm trying to sell things to raise money for gun optics and new releases that our coming out soon. Dear Scrap Yard what should I do?

Get a new friend wink

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/14/13 03:29 AM

Way to go D/T. laugh

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/14/13 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by VoxHog

You are not the only one. smile

Thanks for the support system !!
Posted By: Need2Know

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/14/13 01:18 PM

I haven't sold too many but do regret letting loose of one or two. Even if I want them back, I decide not to pester the buyers; I'll just buy something else.

Thanks, again, for selling me a Yardkeeper CG some time ago. I really like it.

You gonna be on Trough Security duties again this year?

Re: Buying Back Knives You Have Had? - 05/14/13 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Need2Know
I haven't sold too many but do regret letting loose of one or two. Even if I want them back, I decide not to pester the buyers; I'll just buy something else.

Thanks, again, for selling me a Yardkeeper CG some time ago. I really like it.

You gonna be on Trough Security duties again this year?

Yes I am!
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums