Scrap Yard Knife Company

Hoorah for our side

Posted By: SkunkHunter

Hoorah for our side - 03/25/14 02:07 PM

I thought this was another nail in our coffin.

http://www.brennerbrief.com/georgia-passes-extreme-gun-bill/
Posted By: rth548

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/25/14 02:12 PM

Score one for the good guys!
Posted By: GeneralDelivery

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/25/14 02:52 PM

Good job Georgia!
Posted By: greaser

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/25/14 05:05 PM

Not extreme at all Just reinforcing what's right. Good to see.
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/25/14 06:55 PM

This thread made me smile!!! grin
Posted By: J33psr0ck

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/26/14 12:07 AM

Very cool.
Posted By: DogTired

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/26/14 10:53 PM

I gotta move to Georgia!

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/26/14 11:39 PM

D/T, we would even allow you to move to Missouri! wink
Posted By: Mastiff

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/27/14 08:41 PM

Need to clone those lawmakers from Georgia and send them over to Illinois.
Posted By: feederle

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/28/14 02:38 PM

Not sure if I can completely agree - Europeans have quite a different view on that one. Heck if you ask me not even everyone would be allowed to vote - not even think about giving everyone and everywhere a gun...

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/28/14 02:50 PM

Not sure if I can completely agree - Europeans have quite a different view on that one. Heck if you ask me not even everyone would be allowed to vote - not even think about giving everyone and everywhere a gun...

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/28/14 03:13 PM

I respect your opinion Feederle, and assume most other countries have similar views. I think how our nation was birthed, forged a differant mentality for many of us Americans.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/28/14 03:14 PM

Not to say one opinion is any better than another, just different mindset.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/28/14 03:47 PM

I prefer the American way of life! wink
Posted By: Rainwalker

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/28/14 03:49 PM

Looks like Georgia has the right idea. Tennessee is working in that direction as well. As a matter of fact they just passed new knife legislation that will make Switchblades and knives over 4 inches legal, while stiffening the penalties for their use in crimes. So the good guys win. Instead of everyone losing. cool

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/28/14 03:50 PM

Another step in the right direction. wink

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/28/14 04:33 PM

Yeah I know, itīs a complete different way of living. I admit that I liked to have a rifle in my car when I was doing my senior year in Texas...
Posted By: Duramax

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/28/14 08:02 PM

I second this !!! Time to move south to Georgia, plus side its warm there too !
Posted By: MonkeyBomb

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/28/14 10:05 PM

Georgia passed many laws that have already been in place here in Colorado for years.

No anarchey or massive blood runnign in the streets. Just good honest citizens provided with the ability to protect themselves if they choose.

Unfortunately the California and East coast liberals have been moving here enmass and are changing our way of life. Most recently with the gun control bills rammed through last year. Ironiocally its been the progressive liberal transplants that have done the mass shootings.

Its still one of the safest places int he United States. Proof that guns save lives.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/29/14 05:40 AM

I REALLY appreciate the differences between Missouri and Illinois!!! wink

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/29/14 05:42 PM

I'm Hoping Missouri continues to stay a good place. Its one on my short list of places to retire if tings keep going badly here.

I know you all have the same problem we do. St Louis and KC are trying to rule the state.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/29/14 07:09 PM

If we could get Kansas to annex KC and Illinois to annex St. Louis this would be a MUCH more conservative friendly state.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/29/14 07:23 PM

Try Minnesota hell we don't even come close getting a say up north and guess where all the cidiots come to "get away". Some days I really have to concentrate and remember what prison is like just to keep from exterminating a few. Not really but I tell you what I wont be totally heart broken when the end comes and they all starve to death because the had to save the animals.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/29/14 10:15 PM

Our lawsuits trial starts on Monday to repeal the stuff they passed last year. We will see how it goes. Between that and the elections will determine if I retire here or not.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/29/14 10:20 PM

I used to love the Minnesota North Country and the B.W.C.A. for fishing vacations. However, the last time I was in the Ely area it had gone so "yuppy" that I don't know if I will ever go back. frown They have gone so politically crazy that I will probably just not return there.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/30/14 02:05 AM

Yep anywhere they come up is going that way, that's why my 70 acres is out in the sticks.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/30/14 02:06 AM

I hope you guys can get it turned around MB

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/30/14 05:32 AM

EVERYONE seems to be fighting one battle or another of some kind to keep the Liberal tree huggers from accomplishing their "Cradle to grave" Monarchy.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 03/30/14 05:39 AM

It's a tough fight. smirk

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/01/14 05:49 PM

Under these new Illinois laws, a store can put a "no gun" sign in a window and it become unlawful to carry your concealed weapon into that place of business. It will be interesting to see what happens when someone is killed or injured in one of these "gun free zones". If the family sues the store because they stripped the patron of a constitutional right and failed to protect their patrons, will the store be held responsible?

If a store slaps up a "no cell phone" sign, or a "no praying" sign or any other sign that strips it's patrons of constitutional rights, will the public put up a stink?
Posted By: wrxguyusa

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/02/14 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mastiff
Under these new Illinois laws, a store can put a "no gun" sign in a window and it become unlawful to carry your concealed weapon into that place of business. It will be interesting to see what happens when someone is killed or injured in one of these "gun free zones". If the family sues the store because they stripped the patron of a constitutional right and failed to protect their patrons, will the store be held responsible?

If a store slaps up a "no cell phone" sign, or a "no praying" sign or any other sign that strips it's patrons of constitutional rights, will the public put up a stink?

My state's gun rights group made up some cards for those business.

We have noticed you sign, and respect you wishes by taking our business elsewhere; today and in the future.

For your convenience, you will be added to our "gun-owner-unfriendly businesses database"

Back side explains all the checks that a CCW license holder must pass to get that card.

Followed by:
How much do you know about your other customers?

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/02/14 07:33 AM

I like the idea of the pro-gun cards!!! wink

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/02/14 07:36 AM

Yeah that's a good idea.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/02/14 07:39 AM

Especially the last part! grin

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/02/14 07:51 AM

Yeah. Maybe of all lovers of the constitution, 2nd amendment specifically would tell them they WILL be sued if something happens to us "They" would change their minds.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/02/14 07:51 AM

did you see my post over in the DC about the Supreme court?

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/02/14 07:52 AM

I am SERIOUSLY hoping it was an April fools joke.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/02/14 01:35 PM

Me too, though I would not put anything past this administration! mad

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/02/14 02:34 PM

Skunk. The ruling is true but the interpretation is an overly broad interpretation of a single uber-liberal justices opinion.

Just because thats the authors opinion doesn't make it true. The desent and even opinions of other justices are a far different opinion than Sotomayers.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/03/14 05:19 AM

^^^ shocked But shouldn't be considering the power hungry "WE" know what's best and you don't crowd.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/03/14 05:25 AM

Never good! smirk

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/07/14 02:02 PM

Some GREAT news:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-113hr2959ih/pdf/BILLS-113hr2959ih.pdf

H.R. 2959 is a national bill that allows for a citizen to CCW in every state as long as he/she has a CCW permit.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/07/14 04:48 PM

That IS great news!!! grin Now I won't be a criminal whenever I travel to Illinois with my pistol in the car! wink

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/07/14 04:55 PM

I try to stay out of places where my pistol isn't welcome.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/07/14 05:02 PM

So do I, but some places -like in-laws- you can't avoid. wink

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/07/14 05:17 PM

Sure you can! You get used to sleeping in the doghouse! laugh

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/07/14 07:51 PM

I like it!

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/07/14 07:59 PM

So this means it is now legal to carry concealed in ANY state if you have a CCW Permit from any of those states that allow CCW?

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/07/14 08:12 PM

IF it passes, which I seriously doubt that it would. We ain't that lucky.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/07/14 09:22 PM

Here's hoping!!! grin
Posted By: Nighthawk

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/14/14 03:25 PM

Gah, you guys have it good. At least you have CCW laws. Here were' allowed to own handguns, but the only time they are allowed to leave the house is to take them to the range and unless you are cleaning it, it has to be locked up in a safe the rest of the time.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/14/14 08:38 PM

That's a big reason I wouldn't want to live there! wink
Posted By: Nighthawk

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/15/14 11:36 AM

We've got a whole lot of upside to living on this side of the rock, but that one could really do with some re-thinking.

Re: Hoorah for our side - 04/15/14 04:50 PM

That's one of the reasons that I moved here; I don't like my rights usurped by the government. wink
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums