Scrap Yard Knife Company

Scrapyard regulator accessing

Posted By: Anton Beukes

Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 03:41 AM

Howzit guys...... about 4-5 months ago i started to edc a scrapyard regulator and it quickly became my blade of choice for concealed carry. I have been drilling the regulator to no end.....this knife is massive and is very difficult to access but after a few thousand repetitions it became very fast. I posted this on facebook and it went viral so i decided to put this on youtube and give you guys the link.
check it out!!! http://youtu.be/wqqQWNBX_RE

Posted By: SkunkHunter

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 03:49 AM

DANG! I can't even move that fast to the dinner table! Now if it was with my Tali-Whacker..... whistle wink

Seriously man, that IS fast! Both the gun AND the knife!
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 04:24 AM

He can be my bodyguard anytime.....just as long as he leaves the ladies to me!!! wink.............................. laugh laugh laugh

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 04:28 AM

I'm impressed. And with enough monetary compensation I'm sure he would allow the ladies access. smile

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 04:30 AM

I wouldn't charge them too much for access to me. wink............................ grin

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 04:40 AM

Ha ha, can you say EGO trip.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 04:41 AM

Hey! I'm a reality-based kind of guy! grin
Posted By: Sethrotull

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 04:56 AM

I saw your stuff on FB pretty amazing training! Whose sheath are you using with the Regulator?

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 05:05 AM

Geoff Carter...... he is based here in Cape Town. Kydex pancake with 2 belt loops

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 05:06 AM

The only problem with the rubber handle is it has lots of retention so you have to pull really hard.
Posted By: JarheadJournalist

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 11:53 AM

Very impressive.

I'm dumbfounded by the amount of training it takes to do that. You must have an odd job. Or, you're crazy.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 12:17 PM

Hahaha that's funny. You sound like my friends. Yes it does take a lot of training, range time, accessing dry( thousands of reps), running, footwork, weights, punch bag etc. And mindset!! You can't imagine how important mindset is. That's what makes or brakes us. I fuel myself by wanting to be the best and that's what drives me. Mindset and practise!!!
Posted By: El CacaFuego

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 01:53 PM

Impressive! Makes me want to hit the range and dig out my Dereg to play with.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 03:46 PM

Hmmmm. I wonder how the Tali-whacker would work for something like that. Not being as thick, I would think it would carry easier and with the different handle style it might even be more accessible.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 03:53 PM

OMG. I just tried timing him from first arm movement to slashing the left hand target. I NEVER got past THREE SECONDS! Heck, I'm not even sure I GOT to three seconds.

JJ, I guess you got a new goal now. Or Maybe you MB.

Me, I'll stick to death rays coming from my eyes.
Posted By: Johnny Mack

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/06/15 07:45 PM

That's daggum quick!
Posted By: RN

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Anton Beukes
Hahaha that's funny. You sound like my friends. Yes it does take a lot of training, range time, accessing dry( thousands of reps), running, footwork, weights, punch bag etc. And mindset!! You can't imagine how important mindset is. That's what makes or brakes us. I fuel myself by wanting to be the best and that's what drives me. Mindset and practise!!!

You have a lot of power there for sure. That is one big, heavy knife that you whip around like small dagger. Good stuff!
Posted By: Massive Metal

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 02:26 AM

Howzit guys...... about 4-5 months ago i started to edc a scrapyard regulator

I live in California...I get to EDC my Spyderco Delica eek

MM
cool

Nice video BTW

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 10:54 AM

Skunkhunter-The tali-whacker will be easier to carry and faster due to weight and size. Pancake kydex and 2 beltloops and you can start training.
Massive Metal- a spyderco delica, shame man sorry about that. smile

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 10:57 AM

I will be doing a lot more punching, kicking, pistol & blade. mad

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 11:09 AM

Anton, not sure that my body type (rotund IS a body type you know) is all that conducive to carrying something IWB like that. But MAN is is impressive. Being nosy, but what do you do for a living, besides playing that is.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 11:28 AM

I work for a company that trade in electronics and appliances, have been for 8 years but teaching is in my future. That's why I train 4 am and after work. We do gun courses on weekends. I'm actually in bed with flu from over doing it a bit. I need to get videos on FB by Saturday so i'm trying to recover

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 11:31 AM

I also have a love for knives specially scrapyard and have chosen the regulator to be THE blade. Also have a backup

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 11:32 AM

I though you might be involved in Law enforcement/government work or private security. What you showed us is EXTREME dedication, in time AND money for all the ammo you've burned up to get to that level.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 11:32 AM

Have you thought about trying to give the hollow ground Regulator a try (IF you can find one)?

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 11:33 AM

Oh and I hope you get better quickly.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 12:08 PM

That is a hollowground regulator satin finished by me. I can email you pics if you want to post a pic or two. O and in that video the last rep im doing under 2 seconds smile

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 12:31 PM

I knew it was satin finished but couldn't tell for sure it was the hollow ground verison. I THOUGHT it was in about 2 seconds but just counting in my head couldn't tell for sure. You're quick!

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 12:32 PM

Off Topic, but are Y'all having problems over there with ISIS?

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 01:21 PM

No not in South Africa....I have heard stories about training camps but that's nonsense. People like making things up, keeps them busy. I hope they stay away to be honest.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 01:29 PM

I just wish they would stick to molesting camels! As you can probably tell, I DO NOT like terrorists, no matter WHERE they are from. IN my mind a terrorist is a terrorist, someone to be taken out.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 02:23 PM

True....take out the garbage.
Posted By: feederle

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/07/15 07:41 PM

I really love watching your videos on FB! I have so much time for doing sports on the job and so much off time - I should be the one being that fast ;P

But sad thing is that everything over 11cm (4 inch) is illegal to carry in Germany...

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/13/15 09:59 AM

I understand mindset very well. I've defeated my SERE course trainers by the skin of my will. I'm up training daily well before the sun thinks about coming up, but that is something different than what you are doing. I do it for my job. You are doing that on top of your job.

Respect.
Posted By: rth548

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/13/15 10:49 AM

Yup. It's hard to beat pure determination. I swim a mile every other day, and it blows people's minds when they see me in the pool. I'm 48 years old, fat and out of shape, but I refuse to give up and quit when I'm in the pool. I may be slow, but I do it.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/13/15 03:30 PM

GREAT job Todd.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/14/15 05:59 AM

Randy, I'm down about 40 lbs from when you saw me back in May. Been a lot of hard work, but I'm making progress.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/14/15 07:53 AM

WAY TO GO TODD! Keep it up. (Or down, depending on how you look at it) smile

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/14/15 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by rth548
Randy, I'm down about 40 lbs from when you saw me back in May. Been a lot of hard work, but I'm making progress.

WOW!!! Great job Todd! shocked

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/14/15 08:41 AM

Thanks guys. Long way to go, but you gotta start somewhere.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/14/15 08:47 AM

Once it warms up a little more around here I plan on walking more myself. wink

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/14/15 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by rth548
I'm 48 years old, fat and out of shape, but I refuse to give up and quit when I'm in the pool. I may be slow, BUT I DO IT.

Ooorah.

That's the spirit.

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/14/15 04:48 PM

48 is not old...... good job!

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/15/15 03:42 AM

Did 100 laps in the pool today. Only took 85 minutes. (a mile is 71 laps)

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/15/15 07:09 AM

GET 'ER DONE TODD!

Re: Scrapyard regulator accessing - 01/16/15 04:02 PM

48 is not old...... good job!

Just a youngster. whistle................................ grin
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums