Scrap Yard Knife Company

Busse Boom Parang

Posted By: Spider-Pig

Busse Boom Parang - 01/13/16 12:20 PM

I can't post links for some reason.

Jerry just posted a pic, specs, and pricing. Looks like a great chopper!
Posted By: Renee

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/13/16 12:32 PM

I agree, looks like a great chopper! grin
Posted By: Hobbes

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/13/16 01:12 PM

Try this one:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1358771-Boom-Parang-Sneak-Peek!!!-Pics-amp-Specs
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/13/16 04:43 PM

Hmmm...I'll have to check it out.

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/13/16 05:02 PM

Nice looking blade, but I'm going to have to pass. I just bought another knife off the Exchange...a Bowie of course! grin
Posted By: silverbullets

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/13/16 08:54 PM

It looks like a wicked chopper but fortunately for me it is one I can pass on, I need a break ugh, 2 on order from the yard and4 more from Busse my credit card is bleeding LOL

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/13/16 11:57 PM

I hear that^^^! shocked
Posted By: Massive Metal

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 12:31 AM

It looks cool, but I'm waiting for my lean cut Chophouse...

MM
cool
Posted By: gun dog

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 12:53 AM

Looks cool. I just can't justify it.
Posted By: Mumbojumboo

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 06:35 AM

Chop house... chop house..... chop house!!!!!
Posted By: SkunkHunter

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Hobbes
Try this one:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1358771-Boom-Parang-Sneak-Peek!!!-Pics-amp-Specs

Just peeked, GREAT! Oh I would love some of this thing. I have the BG Cheapie version and it does sorta ok for what it is, but this thing would be the BOSS! Unfortunately I am suffering from the age old disease called Lackamoola. frown

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 07:50 AM

For those of you wondering, here she is. And she is a LOOKER! This was posted 1-13-16 and Jerry says
**72 Hour HOG TROUGH Special Price $267.00 If you buy within the first 72 hours, you'll save $50.00!!!
And Jerry also said... This super chopper is a throwback design of mine from the 1980s.

The rounded butt of the Boom Parang facilitates an extreme forward grip which greatly increases leverage and chopping power. Running a piece of paracord from front to back secures this magnificent chopper to the hand under the heaviest impacts.

Handles Options: TBD
Coating Options:
Black
Desert Sage
Tanker Grey
Muddy Brown

OAL 16.75"
Blade length 11"
Blade width 1.6"-1.8"
Thickness .187"
Steel SR-101
Hardness 58-60 Rc

[Linked Image from farm2.staticflickr.com]

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 10:22 AM

NOW the question is, will Dan make one with a Res-c handle? I sure hope so!
Posted By: AZMTHotDog

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 10:25 AM

A Fetch Parang?
Posted By: RN

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
NOW the question is, will Dan make one with a Res-c handle? I sure hope so!

That would be great!
Posted By: Ishikawa

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 02:16 PM

I got mine ordered...couldn't resist the new design. Worst case it will be great for cutting up ribs laugh Also, the green canvas drew me in...

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 05:10 PM

The new maroon handle with gray blade would be interesting too! Congrats on your score. grin
Posted By: silverbullets

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 06:42 PM

yeah I am hoping the Chop House gets charged soon I am anxious
Posted By: Sethrotull

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 08:09 PM

Really tempted with the new canvas but love the Res C and I think the chophouse will be a winner.
Posted By: Endeavour Morse

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 08:31 PM

I want one of these, but my CC is smoldering. I too would like to see this with RES-C (preferably tan RES).

YUP, desert sage blade and tan Res-C Handle.
Posted By: Endeavour Morse

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 08:32 PM

I currently have five Busse & Kin blades on order. This is a Busse Blitz like no other.

Anyone else wish they'd add a permanent catalog of offerings so we wouldn't have to make rushed decisions? I'd be willing to pay a little more for the convenience of buying...at my convenience.
Posted By: AZMTHotDog

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/14/16 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Architect
I currently have five Busse & Kin blades on order. This is a Busse Blitz like no other.

Anyone else wish they'd add a permanent catalog of offerings so we wouldn't have to make rushed decisions? I'd be willing to pay a little more for the convenience of buying...at my convenience.

Yes, my guess is this is a very effective baiting the hook technique to see what are the hottest sellers which might make it to the next catalog near the end of the year. The Op Two Weeks can only last so long before peak saturation is reached. After that, the most popular offerings might be back...

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/15/16 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Architect
I want one of these, but my CC is smoldering. I too would like to see this with RES-C (preferably tan RES).

YUP, desert sage blade and tan Res-C Handle.
Posted By: Ray Settanta

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/15/16 03:03 PM

Very tempting blade.
Posted By: Hooker

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/17/16 01:29 AM

Mighty tempting but I'm tapped out. Besides, I've got about a dozen Busse and Kin choppers that can stab stuff also.
Posted By: Grog

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/17/16 04:39 AM

So happy to have one I can actually resist. With the 1111, 1311, both Chop Houses, ASH2, and DTBM I don't see anything interesting enough to splurge on. I'm very happy to see the new micarta options though!
Posted By: dman62

Re: Busse Boom Parang - 01/21/16 07:17 PM

I was going to buy a parang from Indonesia so this came along at a good time other than from a financial point of view. The maroon scales tipped it over the edge for me and I ordered one in maroon/muddy.
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums