Scrap Yard Knife Company

Whats your favorite multi-tool?

Posted By: banana-clip

Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/02/19 02:14 AM

This is mine, Schrade Tool

[img:right][Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_0192 by Bil, on Flickr[/img]

[img:right][Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_0191 by Bil, on Flickr[/img]
Posted By: SkunkHunter

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/02/19 02:31 AM

Leatherman Wave. And I am fond of the Rebar as well.
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/02/19 04:41 AM

Probably my Wave as well.
Posted By: Ray Settanta

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/02/19 04:17 PM

My PST made on April, 1995. Original Leatherman multi-tool, small and light before they became as big and heavy as a Busse HOGFSH.

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/02/19 11:34 PM

I have one of the originals as well Ray and I do like it. And yes, the newer ones are much larger and heavier but have many more "Tools". It's a balancing act. Just pick the "tools", capabilities you want and then get the one that meets your criteria. That is why I have three or 4 different ones.

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/03/19 01:05 AM

I like the leatherman skelitool, they had them on sale very cheap before Christmas a few years ago and got a few for gifts. I still like the old school ones like the Schrade too. They are very small and compacted compared to the newer leathermans.
Posted By: Spider-Pig

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/05/19 12:34 AM

Victorinox SwissTool Spirit. I do like my original Wave, but I prefer the SwissTool Spirit.

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/05/19 02:55 AM

Hey Spidy, long time no hear. How did Y'all do with all the recent flooding?

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/05/19 05:03 AM

Good to hear from you again S/P! grin
Posted By: Spider-Pig

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/05/19 09:50 AM

Hey, fellas.

During Harvey we got right around 50 inches at our house and we were fortunate enough to not get flooded, though my pick-up got a few inches of water in the cab. Several of our neighbors got flooded. This time around we got about half of the Harvey amount of rain, so no flooding. Several of my co-workers that live about 45 miles northeast of me got way more rain, and flooding.

I hope y’all are doing well.

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/05/19 12:15 PM

Glad to hear you didnt get flooded out, sounds like you must live on some higher ground .

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/05/19 12:18 PM

Glad to hear you're OK. I know that a lot of folks were not so lucky; I can only imagine what they went through. Anyway, stop by more often. grin
Posted By: Ray Settanta

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/06/19 05:25 PM

I also like the Leatherman SuperTool 200 that I bought in 2005. It is slightly bigger than the original but has locking blades and the edges of the handle are rolled over.

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/09/19 02:57 AM

The Swisstool seemed like a nice too, it was bigger than most but seemed like great quality.
Posted By: RN

Re: Whats your favorite multi-tool? - 10/10/19 10:12 AM

I have a Wave and Juice and use the Juice a lot more. It's much lighter and easier to carry but still does most of what I need.
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums