Scrap Yard Knife Company

Paypal = no guns?

Posted By: SkunkHunter

Paypal = no guns? - 08/26/21 11:38 PM

Heard something the other day about Paypal will begin prohibiting firearm or firearm related items from being purchased using their platform. I sent them a message requesting clarification. The sent me to the “prohibited activities” section of the legal agreements snd i saw this. Note section (j) and (k). Does this actually mean what I think it does?

Prohibited Activities
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: Paypal = no guns? - 08/27/21 12:28 AM

I wouldn't use PayPal for the items anyway. wink
Posted By: SkunkHunter

Re: Paypal = no guns? - 08/27/21 12:58 AM

Don’t think I would either, but sometimes ordering online, some places use PayPal as the only option.
Posted By: MonkeyBomb

Re: Paypal = no guns? - 08/29/21 03:41 AM

PayPal is notoriously antigun and anti- LE. I hate using them but our FOP lodge only uses paypal for our dues. I don't get why the don't change.
Posted By: David Brown

Re: Paypal = no guns? - 08/30/21 02:15 AM

get a pay-pal debit card and you can buy whatever you like smile
Posted By: DogTired

Re: Paypal = no guns? - 10/17/21 01:12 AM

Yeah, Paypal has, for years, been notoriously freezing people's accounts who it believes have made firearms purchases using its services. It freezes both the buyer and seller, according to numerous people on various forums, and various vendors on their sites. As David said though, get a Paypal debit card and they legally cannot stop you from using it to buy as many guns, gun parts, and ammunition as you please. grin
Posted By: gun dog

Re: Paypal = no guns? - 10/29/21 10:39 AM

I never keep a balance in my account and when I’m doing business I’m very direct with the person I’m dealing with about can and cannot be in the description. Don’t want an account freeze.
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums