Scrap Yard Knife Company

Sad news

Posted By: Private Klink

Sad news - 10/21/23 06:41 PM

I received word from Ian in Australia that Carl Thiele, a long time Swamp Rat and Bussekin fan has passed away. Carl had been battling poor health for some time but putting up a good fight. He was willing to share his knowledge of the outdoors, with experience in Montana and California. Best wishes to his wife Rose ; Carl will be missed.
Posted By: Trumby

Re: Sad news - 10/21/23 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Private Klink
I received word from Ian in Australia that Carl Thiele, a long time Swamp Rat and Bussekin fan has passed away. Carl had been battling poor health for some time but putting up a good fight. He was willing to share his knowledge of the outdoors, with experience in Montana and California. Best wishes to his wife Rose ; Carl will be missed.

Thank's Tom

Yes, Carl goes way back in the early days of the swamp under the name of "Survivor", I am proud to say that we became good mates over the years. Both of us with a love of the outdoors

I found an old photo on my computer of Carl with Jerry back in the days when us knife nuts were inducted by Jerry mostly at the Blade events, though some were inducted from afar, I never made it to Blade or inducted but some were, my dog Stan did make the honor and he was inducted as Stan the Ham.

As I'm no longer with photobucket I may not be able to post it here, if so I'll email it to Tom so he can post it for me. smile

Thanks, Ian.
Posted By: SkunkHunter

Re: Sad news - 10/21/23 10:16 PM

Sad to hear another good Dog has passed. But from what was said he lived a good life, enjoying his passion.

Rest in peace my brother.
Posted By: MonkeyBomb

Re: Sad news - 10/22/23 04:17 PM

I miss chatting with Carl at the Swamp. I know he was struggling.
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: Sad news - 10/23/23 06:38 PM

Here is the picture of Carl getting inducted by Jerry Busse;he was proud that he was able to "shake the Man's hand".

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Trumby

Re: Sad news - 10/24/23 04:34 AM

Thanks for doing that, Tom.
Ian.
Posted By: WhichDawg

Re: Sad news - 10/30/23 01:54 AM

My smoke & prayers to his family and friends, we will miss you Carl...
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums