Scrap Yard Knife Company

So I went to the range last night...

Posted By: RN

So I went to the range last night... - 05/04/13 12:41 PM

and figured...got to be efficient with the ammo shortage...

[Linked Image from i432.photobucket.com]

lol!

That was with my cz 22 scoped rifle at 25 yards...the magnification was way down, so I couldn't see it, knew it was a good shot and peeked through the spotting scope. Decided to stop there!

Shot a whopping 120+ rounds last night! Most in a long while...ammo shortage..please die!!!
Posted By: Hobbes

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/04/13 12:50 PM

Seems to be picking up around here but 22 is still in short supply.

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/04/13 01:36 PM

Yeah I went to a LGS last night and it was full with 9mm, 45 and 40 and I think a good amount of 38...
Posted By: SkunkHunter

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/04/13 04:34 PM

Just for grins and giggles I checked our semi-local Wally world, no 22 ammo.
Posted By: lazi

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/04/13 07:54 PM

have t been to the range in a long time but I found a CZ527 in 7.62x39 that I'm going to pick up. just have to drive a hour and a half to go it. will probably scoot it and head out to the range.

anybody used the 2-3 shot method to sight in? guessing that would save on some ammo.

http://www.zeroriflescope.co.uk/Zero_rifle_scope_in_3_shots_method.html

As always wear safety glasses and make sure that anyone else with you has them on too.

Now it's time to zero the scope for shooting with just 3 shots:

This does assume some reasonable boresighting has been done once the scope was installed.

Set up a cross hair target at your preferred zero yardage.
Remove windage and elevation caps to expose the adjustment features of your scope.
Using a sand bag on front and rear or a gun vice (my preference is a bi-pod on front and a sand bag at the butt) position the rifle scope on the cross hair target and ensure you have a firm resting point for the rifle.
In other words, you want as little adjustment or effort from you as possible in order to hold the rifle on target.
Take your first shot and find where the bullet impacts paper.
Once you find the impact point, take aim at the exact same point on the target as your first shot and adjust the scope to the bullet hole on the target.
Make sure the gun has the same support during this adjustment as it did when you took the first shot.
It is critical that the gun does not move during the adjustment process.
This is why I use a rock solid support system during the zero process.
Your next shot should be almost dead on.
In my experience, my second shot is almost always close enough to justify another shot without adjustment.

However, if you need to adjust again, it will not be much and should be close enough for you to get zero on the adjustment.

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/04/13 09:01 PM

Nice Lazi! I see lots of, what seems to me, inexpensive 7.62. Love the looks of that rifle!
Posted By: gun dog

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/05/13 06:36 PM

Pics please lazi!
Posted By: sf45acp

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/06/13 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by RN
and figured...got to be efficient with the ammo shortage...

[Linked Image from i432.photobucket.com]

lol!

That was with my cz 22 scoped rifle at 25 yards...the magnification was way down, so I couldn't see it, knew it was a good shot and peeked through the spotting scope. Decided to stop there!

Shot a whopping 120+ rounds last night! Most in a long while...ammo shortage..please die!!!

WOW, 120 plus rounds through that center hole is darn good shooting from where I'm sitting.
Posted By: sf45acp

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/06/13 12:13 AM

The ammo shortage, if we really can call it that is not to bad here. Reloading supplies are really hard to come by but ammo, if your the early bird you are able to satisfy your hunger for a bit.
Posted By: gun dog

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/06/13 11:44 PM

Still can't find 22lr. I see so much 17hmr out there it's tempting to get one
Posted By: lazi

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/07/13 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by gun dog
Pics please lazi!

will do when I pick it up. hopefully next week...
Posted By: DogTired

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/09/13 12:27 AM

got another 500 rounds of 22 this AM and 100 of 9mm. All they'd let me hoarde for the day. Probably just as well, since I can't afford to keep buying so much laugh
Posted By: Shaolin

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/12/13 08:02 PM

I need to start hitting the range again.
Posted By: rth548

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/13/13 04:30 AM

Who's got ammo for range trips?
Posted By: rth548

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 05/13/13 04:30 AM

I sure don't!
Posted By: Feldgrun

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 06/05/13 04:38 PM

22lr is a great round - my favorite! I've heard great things about CZ's 22 rifles.
Posted By: Endeavour Morse

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 07/02/13 03:27 PM

I fired 116 rounds of factory 45Acp the other day. My reserves and wallet cried the rest of the night.

Posted By: greaser

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 07/02/13 05:41 PM

You need to start reloading Architect you will take a big hit to begin with then you will make cheap ammo so you will shoot twice as much thus negating any savings. lol Ask me how I know.
Posted By: Endeavour Morse

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 07/02/13 07:28 PM

Back when I owned Class 3 firearms I had a Dillon 550 set up. When I sold my Class 3 firearms I sold my press, etc.

I SORELY regret that now.
Posted By: Feldgrun

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 07/07/13 02:34 AM

I'd sure like a reloading press like the Dillon 550 - my dad's best friend used one like that when I was a teen. I'd have to shoot a lot more to make it worth my while.
Posted By: DogTired

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 07/11/13 06:32 AM

Lee makes some relatively inexpensive setups. I really like their stuff. Makes a good round.
Posted By: greaser

Re: So I went to the range last night... - 07/12/13 01:12 AM

Yep my single stage is a lee and it works great.
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums