Scrap Yard Knife Company

Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam

Posted By: DogTired

Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 04/30/14 03:45 AM

Who has 'em? Who likes 'em? Who can't stand 'em?

Looking for one or two new scopes over then next year or so.
Posted By: gun dog

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 04/30/14 09:24 AM

Don't have either but plann on a vortex viper PST. Great glass and awesome warranty!!!

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 05/03/14 02:54 AM

Chuck Hawks has the Weaver Super Slam listed in the "4+" stars category, along with the VX-3 and a couple others outta my league (6-800). Not quite sure how the glass in the Viper stacks up, but the warranty has me intrigued.
Posted By: skorpyd

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 05/11/14 06:04 PM

I have a vortex viper pst 2.5-10x32 ffp on my Scorpyd crossbow, and a Vortex Razor HD 1-4x24 on my other Scorpyd crossbow. I love both of them. They both were built with AR platforms in mind and really are a lot of scope for a crossbow, but I like good knives and I like good optics.

[Linked Image from farm3.staticflickr.com]

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 05/12/14 03:06 AM

They have a viper pst 2.5-10x44 I think. Not ffp but still has great reviews. Glass seems like a hell of a deal when I was looking and comparing them in store to some of the top tier manufactures.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-2-5-10x44-riflescope-with-ebr-1-moa-reticle

Can be had at a very affordable price for all the features you get.

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 05/14/14 03:35 AM

How's the Viper compare to the Leupold VX-3? Similar warranties; hundreds of dollars in price difference....

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 05/14/14 11:58 AM

I've inly compared to a mk4. In the store you could tell a very small difference. But it was surprisingly close

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 05/15/14 05:44 AM

hard to tell in a store though.

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 05/15/14 05:48 AM

but if it really is in that class, then why am I wasting time and money on anything else when the viper can be had for about $230? That's why I wonder. Can I really buy a diamond for a dime?

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 05/15/14 02:31 PM

I was looking through the vortex viper PST line.... They are a more than that...

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 05/18/14 03:52 AM

k....that's a bit more than I can spend wink
Posted By: lazi

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 07/10/14 04:37 PM

Was scanning and saw this thread.

When I started shopping for 2-7x32 scopes for my CZ527 I bumped into a few reviews on the discontinued Vortex Viper scope that was closed out for $200. I was convinced I should get one. I just got one two weeks ago and I have been impressed. I knew the Vipers were pretty clear from looking through them in the stores but man they are very impressive in natural light. You would think the sun is never going down with this thing. My other cheap scopes turned to haze and the reticle just blended right in. Long past where I would want to take a shot I could make out objects and my reticle was nice and dark on top them.

I don't have a lot of time behind any optics and no time behind the really nice glass to speak of. I'm sure theres better out there but I'm thinking like most of the reviews say. You are looking at 2 maybe 3 times the price to get it.

Keep in mind I have not shot this thing yet but all things point GTG at this time. I found mine NIB using RiverOfGuns.com and I'm looking at getting a couple more.

Posted By: greaser

Re: Vortex Viper or Weaver Super Slam - 07/10/14 05:49 PM

Good to hear lazi I am still super happy with my vortex as well.
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums