Posted By: JarheadJournalist

Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:17 AM

[Linked Image from lh4.googleusercontent.com]

Posted By: SkunkHunter

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:20 AM

I KNOW you really like your camo colored label JJ. wink

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:21 AM

Yeah. Hooah! I think that is what they say.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:33 AM

Haha.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:34 AM

I'm old and my memory is fading, WHAT is your job over there again?

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:36 AM

OH GREAT. Kalifornia now has a law stating that schools have to teach the "Significance" of YOUR president as part of their curriculum. What a bunch of ConeHeads!

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:39 AM

I am natively a combat correspondent (photojournalist/multimedia journalist). I am finally back in my job field. The last place was just a collateral job. B billet. Now, I am the media chief for III Marine Expeditionary Force.

We cover the Pacific region. I have Marines currently deployed to Nepal, Guam, Philippines and Thailand.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:41 AM

I think it is important to teach about the president in school. I think the National Anthem should be played every morning (hands over hearts) followed by a reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:42 AM

I knew it has something to do with the Media aspect but couldn't remember what your title actually was. SO... basically your a propaganda puppet for Mr. O. wink

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:43 AM

I AM just messing with you. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, specially when it came to reporting on the dark side of SOME American military over there.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:43 AM

I just read the article about it. I'm still fine with it. I think it was a major milestone when "we" elected a black man.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:44 AM

Oh I don't actually object to teaching about ANY president. But with Kaliforina's record I am afraid they will portray him far above his actual contributions or lack of.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by JarheadJournalist
I just read the article about it. I'm still fine with it. I think it was a major milestone when "we" elected a black man.

I DO agree with this as well. I just wish he was more..... well that he was.
Posted By: RN

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:47 AM

Great to see you back JJ! My nephew in the marines is in Japan now too.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
I AM just messing with you. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, specially when it came to reporting on the dark side of SOME American military over there.

The civilian media does a fine job covering our mistakes to fill their news.

Our job is to counter that by showing the good we do. Network news only thinks bad is good news. You can't blame them. Ratings prove that is what America wants to see. They like things that appall, outrage and piss them off. We try to sooth their anger hungry souls with some real world good that happens daily they are to blind with bloodlust to see.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by RN

What's his last name?

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:48 AM

Also, it is good to be back. Good to "see" you, brother.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 10:51 AM

I have a full or twin size bed in my room. I'm not sure which. When they brought my queen mattress in today, I opened the box I knew my 1311 was in. The mattress is now a full sized mattress. It is memory foam, so it worked out fine.
Posted By: RN

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by RN

What's his last name?

Adams
Posted By: Mastiff

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 12:58 PM

I think it is important to teach about the president in school. I think the Nation Anthem should be played every morning (hands over hearts) followed by a reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.

I still remember going to see movies at military theaters and standing for the National Anthem. And for those that don't know, it's also very cool to be on base at the close of the buisiness day when they play "retreat" over the loudspeakers. Everyone stops where they are, cars included, military and retired military face THE flag, and salute or cover their hearts while the National Anthem is played. Most bases have several speakers, and people hold the salute until the last echo fades.

The National Athem has a very weird effect on me. No matter how many time I've heard it (thousands?), I still get goosebumps.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 01:44 PM

Mastiff, I have those same memories and still feel the same way as well.
Posted By: Andy the Aussie

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/27/14 09:48 PM

You must have to cover one of the Marine training deployments to Australia at some point .. smile
Posted By: lazi

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/28/14 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by SkunkHunter

The civilian media does a fine job covering our mistakes to fill their news.

Our job is to counter that by showing the good we do. Network news only thinks bad is good news. You can't blame them. Ratings prove that is what America wants to see. They like things that appall, outrage and piss them off. We try to sooth their anger hungry souls with some real world good that happens daily they are to blind with bloodlust to see.

"Blind with bloodlust"...

Yup! Thankfully there are people employed to BE THE DIFFERENCE.

Unwind and enjoy...

And then back to work! Lol!!

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/28/14 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mastiff
I think it is important to teach about the president in school. I think the Nation Anthem should be played every morning (hands over hearts) followed by a reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.

I still remember going to see movies at military theaters and standing for the National Anthem. And for those that don't know, it's also very cool to be on base at the close of the buisiness day when they play "retreat" over the loudspeakers. Everyone stops where they are, cars included, military and retired military face THE flag, and salute or cover their hearts while the National Anthem is played. Most bases have several speakers, and people hold the salute until the last echo fades.

The National Athem has a very weird effect on me. No matter how many time I've heard it (thousands?), I still get goosebumps.

I'm the same way, even more so when I hear taps. My eyes leak every time. I heard echo taps ounce at Arlington on Memorial Day. My heart even stood at attention. I don't think it moved a muscle.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/28/14 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Andy the Aussie
You must have to cover one of the Marine training deployments to Australia at some point .. smile

It is already in the planning. I'll be there.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/28/14 09:24 AM

Oz will never be the same! wink

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/28/14 09:26 AM

I'll straighten those upside-downers out.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/28/14 09:28 AM

Sure you will. I had to deal with a Detachment of Auzzie Pilots and it wasn't pretty (But it was Hilarious)!

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/28/14 09:31 AM

I was sitting in a Hard Cafe bar in Guam once. A strange guy at the end of the bar kept sending rounds to me and a buddy. After about five rounds and a good buzz, we waved him over to get his story.

It was his first day off from a training exercise aboard a sub. He said he had been down for about three months. Combine bubblehead mentality with Aussie crazy, and you start to get the idea of this man's strangeness.

He was a great guy though.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/28/14 09:32 AM

These guys were all a good bunch as well, just NUTS! Maybe that's why we got along so well. smile
Posted By: Private Klink

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/28/14 09:03 PM

I think it is important to teach about the president in school. I think the National Anthem should be played every morning (hands over hearts) followed by a reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Amen to that! smile
Posted By: Andy the Aussie

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/28/14 09:20 PM

You will like Darwin and the NT.... *snicker* Just don't go near the water.... wink Hopefully you get to the south as well... wink
Posted By: greaser

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/30/14 07:28 PM

[Linked Image from lh4.googleusercontent.com]

Welcome back, great choice of drink.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 08/30/14 07:39 PM

Yeah. Hooah! I think that is what they say.

Why yes it is because we are capable of remembering more than orah, exactly one letter more.

Essayons!
First in last out.

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 09/01/14 03:25 PM

Should I be offended? wink

Re: Unwinding after unpacking - 09/15/14 01:09 AM

LOL well of course.

Sorry it took me so long to get back I have been on vacation for a while.
© 2024 Scrap Yard Discussion Forums