I have been piecing together my deployment solar setup for years, buying, selling and replacing parts trying to improve. I need it to be light, versatile and reliable. My setup isn't perfect yet, but it meets my three needs.

[Linked Image from lh3.googleusercontent.com]

Main components; two F15-600 10W Powerfilm panels, Nitecore Digicharger D2, Anker E5 Gen 2 external battery and an Anker Car charger two ports.

A single panel will charge any of my batteries (rechargeable CR 123, Anker external, AA, AAA, Gopro and Cannon 5D Mark III, Android phone) in clear skies. I have to daisy chain the two panels in overcast skies. Daisychaining them in clear skies allows me to charge my Macbook Pro 13" Retina.

The Nitecore charger is the best I've come across for this setup. It is a smart charger that adjust output voltage and amperage depending on the individual battery. Charges both slots independently. It also stops charging when full, so you are free from monitoring it. It will charge;
IMR / Li-ion / LiFePO4:
26650, 22650, 18650, 18490, 18350,
17670, 17500, 16340(RCR123), 14500, 10440

Ni-MH / Ni-Cd:
AA, AAA, AAAA, C

I highly recommend it.

I have most of my kit (flashlight, shortwave, headlamp, etc) running on either AA or AAA Eneloops. I recommend them too.

The Anker battery also stops taking a charge when full. It has 16000mah. It will charge my other devices and batteries at night, so I usually have it collecting juice during the day while I'm using the others devices. I'm looking to get the E7 for more storage space.

The Anker battery and car charger both have "IQ" technology, which like the Nitecore, adapts output for whatever they are charging allowing faster charging.

It's a work in progress, but keeps the lights on and has proven itself in a real-world disaster operation. Two thumbs up to all the components.

[Linked Image from lh5.googleusercontent.com]

Last edited by JarheadJournalist; 05/21/15 01:46 AM.

JYD# 120