I am lucky as that the area in which I live is no flood or riot prone. There are all the social issues of living on the fringe of a large metropolitan location however. None will (given most reasonable circumstances require a bug out. Fire would be the most prolific natural threat to us and (other than the sensible preparations around the house and yard) there is not much I can do for that other than knowing when to stand and fight and when to run. It is a remote possibility.

We do get smashed December to Feb/March by violent storms and these have been known to leave the power out for days. That is an easy manage for me (I actually enjoy it smile ).

My work is all about risk and situation management and I am well able to apply these principles across my life as well (and yes that means taking risk but with the full knowledge of the possible consequences).

A major social event here on the East Coast would have a significant buildup that would be plain to an observer, it would also have its roots in an area well away from me (it an be mobile but I live in an area likely to be well down the order). My neighbours are good people and it would take a significant and unprecedented event to see them turn on each other.