Well You asked for it Dawgs, so here it is. OUR story. Tell us all how you came up with your avatar. I'll go first even most all of you have heard the story. I'm old and tend to repeat myself, so to bad. wink

One summer we had a REALLY bad Skunk problem in our little 6 block section of town on the South side of where the Railroad tracks used to run through town. One of our neighbors called me saying that they had a skunk hanging around their house and wondered it I could do anything about it (I had killed a Psyco cat that had been terrorizing the neighborhood some years earlier). I said I would see what I could do.

One day I saw their "Problem" wandering around in their yard so I ran inside the house and grabbed my handy (actually it weighs 9 pounds) RWS Diana model .177 pellet rifle and headed down the street. NOT wanting to get their house sprayed I waited back a ways until it got almost to the street about 60 ft from their house. I took aim at the head about 20 - 25 yards away and pulled the trigger. BLAP, skunk went down but not dead. It started pulling itself along with it's front legs (must have hit the spine or something as back legs would not work and it couldn't spray). I quickly reloaded and let fly with another lead pill. This time, no movement. I waited about 2 minutes and slowly creeped up just to make sure it wasn't "Playing Possum". It wasn't. The Hunters first successful Kill.

Well one thing led to another and by the time fall was beginning I had killed 12 Skunks, all the rest were "One Shot One Kill" hits and by then the moniker SkunkHunter had stuck. BTW the "City" killed 6 in the same time period so you can see we WERE overran with the stinky little fellers.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 08/15/19 10:26 AM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105