I have more rimfire pistols and rifles than I care to admit. Everyone should own at least one good .22 rifle and pistol.

I too also the love 10/22. Lightweight, accurate, fun, and reliable. The stock barrels are plenty accurate. It is the sporter chambers that are cut into them that kill their matchgrade accuracy. But then again the factory barrel will eat up all 22 ammo (Cheap Bulk Stuff and Match Stuff) without any problems. A decent gunsmith can easily turn down the breech face and recut a tighter match, bentz, supamatch, etc.. chamber. A reworked barrel can easily match the accuracy of alot of the aftermarket barrels.

I converted a 10/22 to 17HM2 and it is very fun and accurate out to 100yds. Minute of ground squirrel and good out to about 150yds or so.

Green Mountain also makes a sporter profile aftermarket barrel if you don't want to change the stock.

Personally, I prefer a reworked factory barrel because I get to keep the iron sights as a backup to my scope.

If you are chasing the the one holers in your 10/22 then look into the Rimfire Technologies Barrel. It is superbly accurate. The only down sideside is that it may have problems chambering the bulk stuff. But if you are chasing one holers then you wouldn't be shooting the bulk stuff anyway.

Last edited by Ban; 11/05/08 06:52 PM.