I know, this topic is a bit strange on this forum, but I figured hey, surfing is an outdoor activity, so this should work for the "outdoor" forum. Right? Anyway, my story of surfing is short, so here it is. I grew up about 45 minutes east of San Francisco. A few years ago, I lived up in Washington state for a couple of years. People up there often asked "do you surf?" My answer was always "nope, never even tried it." Well, after coming back to California a few years ago, and now going to college on the central coast of California, I figured there is no reason that I should not try surfing. It looks fun, back home in the Bay Area I'm not too far from the beach, and down here I'm 15 minutes from the beach. Life is also too short not to try things that look enjoyable.

Once I decided that I'd like to learn how to surf, I also decided that I wanted to shape my own board. It just seemed so cool to make the first surfboard that I learned to surf on. I ended up shaping the board at an extra class taught at the college. It was pretty fun. Now, I'm learning to surf on the board that I shaped! For anyone here that may surf, here are some pictures of the progress of the board!

Here's the board when the shaping was first finished:
[Linked Image from i58.photobucket.com]
Here it is after my first paint job. Unfortunately the paint ran under the masking tape.
The new "fixed" paint job just before the fiberglass:
Here, it's done!
A shot of the finished bottom:
Finally, a shot of the "cool" logo I made using my initials!

Well, I don't think this topic is out of line here, but if it is, mods, let me know. Otherwise, I hope anyone interested in this enjoys the pictures because the process of making this board was a blast!