Actually I did exactly that, a direct back to back comparison of my CGDF and CGNMFBM on the same tree while cutting it into lengths to dispose of. Both were similar level of sharpness, easily shaving arm hair but not scary. The first cut through the trunk side by side took 122 swings of the NMFBM from memory and 204 with the DF. This sort of differential was pretty consistent all the way with the Busse taking about 40% less chops and time than the Scrap Yard. On the other hand it is also about 50% heavier. The NMFBM is almost the same margin better at chopping than the CGDF than that was over my Browning Competion Cutter, maybe just a bit less.

I found them both equally comfortable to use with the smooth micata handle more inclined to slip if you let your grip get too lax and the resiprene grippier but more likely to raise a blister over time. I don't really notice a big difference in shock transmission, but some of that may be down to the very broad sweet spot on the NMFBM generating less shocks in the first place. My CGFBM does kick back a bit more frequently in general.

When I know that I have a fair bit of wood to cut, I always take the NMFBM. I find it less tiring over the job because it is finished sooner. If there was nothing much over say 3" then it wouldn't make much difference and at 2/3 the weight and 1/3 the cost I would still rate the CGDF as 75 to 80% the knife.