That's phenominal - It sounds like this will be quite a few people's first Scrapyard knife! What a fantastic introduction to SYKCO. Talk about baptism by fire! I can't wait to hear reactions to what has become my favorite knife i have ever owned, up there with other Scrapyard monuments like the S6LE, Yardhook, Yardkeeper (both Le & CG), and the unfortunately named Dumpster Mutt, a knife that is ever close at hand. What great, great knives. No doubt the Regulator will vastly exceed everyones' loftiest expectations. Welcome to all who do not yet own Scrapyards - may the Reg be your first of many. I wish i could look ahead a couple hundred years to see SY knives still in use, to see whether they required rehandling, or if Res-C proves to have as much longevity as is does strength and comfort... By then they may have Reseprine-H, Handle material made of metals found on the moons of Saturn that are stronger than Titanium and feel like flower petals and are lighter than air...
Anyway, a hearty welcome. Let us all know everything about your first reactions to your first Scrapyards. Why, it reminds me when i was just a wee one, back in ought-six, when the old Scrapper6LE first hit - well, i was so eager for a production knife make of (modified) S7 i bought one from someone who had bought one at the Blade show, lacking the patience to wait until their actual release (at which time i bought another one to give to my best friend...) Yep, i still have that S6 with its zero edge -- it came with a sort of a convex edge, a nice, thick "working" edge, just shrp enough to call an edge but thick enough to take any kind of beating -- well, i thinned it out some, being as i had no plans to use it as a jack-hammer blade (although i'm sure it could handle it in a pinch!)...

We need a 5/16" (or thicker) SR-77 BOWIE!!! (Written back in early '07 -- Regulator Premonition?)